• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Treasure Charts

Status
Not open for further replies.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
At the risk of sounding very silly...I don't understand how to use the treasure charts. How do I know which one matches up to which square (are they numerical, or do I have to figure it out myself)? I'm also not sure how to compare the treasure chart and sea chart, despite the submarine guy telling me over and over. I may as well figure it out now before I end up having to do them all at the end of the game, though. Any advice?

Thanks!

You have to match up the borders of the islands. Look at the Sea Chart and compare the borders of the island to that of a Treasure Chart. It can be hard since the Treasure Charts should show like a close up of the actual island. Its all visual, they aren't numbered or lettered.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
Thanks for the reply - that should help. At the risk of making myself sound totally dense, it also helps that I just the other day discovered that you need bait to get the fishman to draw on your sea chart (I must have missed that the first time around.) So now I have some maps to actually compare the treasure charts to, heh.

TwilightZelda

Zelda Fan #1
heres an easier way, try to go each and every island,so the fish can draw on your sea chart and hey maybe you'll find the treasure when you visit evry island, i know its long to go to every island but stick with it.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I actually did find one piece of heart purely by accident. I'd jumped off the boat for some reason and heard the celestial "Eureka!" music that plays, and got back in the boat to use the grappling hook. It was pretty funny to me.

I have finally figured out the treasure charts, though! I'm enjoying using them. I've spent the past couple of days just sailing around the ocean and investigating islands and finding treasure that I missed before I knew how to use them. :)

Thanks for the reply - that should help. At the risk of making myself sound totally dense, it also helps that I just the other day discovered that you need bait to get the fishman to draw on your sea chart (I must have missed that the first time around.) So now I have some maps to actually compare the treasure charts to, heh.
Oh yeah. I probably should have said something about that. He talks about that when you beat the first dungeon. After Dragon Roost Cavern.

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
well, really the sea charst work like this- your looking at the sea chart, you press y to get to the sea chart/treasure chart screen, you look at your treasure charts and match up the landforms on those maps with the sea chart's landforms, for any square you dont have you need to solve where the chart is located, when you think you are in a square that is a map location look back at you sea chart/treasure map screen you shall see an arrow that shows your boat and you can use this screen to pin point the treasure's location and use the grappiling hook on the boat in the ocean to pull up the chest and claim your treasures (triforce shards, heart peices, and ruppies) and that it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom