• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Translation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
Hey, I was watching the GDC trailer for SS and tried to translate some katakana in the top right corner below the mystery item in this screenshot.

attachment.php

From what I can do, I can translate it into romaji script: 'aichimu'

So, was I mis-translating, or if I was right, what does aichimu mean? Sound off below.

It appears to be Katakana. Hmm... I don't know. I got "a" "i" "te" "?" ... I can't quite discern the last character... :shake:

Katakana is often used for non-native words that are borrowed from other languages (loan words), so it may be an English-sounding word or something...

From the "aite-" part, I got the word "partner". Hmm... I'll keep looking...

katakana1.gif

Mkay update: It says simply "item" (aitemu) The last character is indeed "ム" (mu). :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
It appears to be Katakana. Hmm... I don't know. I got "a" "i" "te" "?" ... [/IMG]

Perhaps "Aitemu", which would be japanenglish for "Item". In Japanese, the vocals doesn't change as they do in english.

I mean, the japanese title of the game is in Japanenglish, so it may not be unlikely that they'll do it ingame too.

Last edited:

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Well, if it corresponds with the English in-game text it definitely says "item", as for the actual item, I think it's a hookshot.

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
Yes, I hope it's a hookshot too. So, it's basically 'item'. :)

Anyway guys, just went through the rest of the trailer translating from Hirigana and Katakana, I found nothing new though :(. The only part that I can't translate is the part where Link is cutting bamboo and it has a box at the bottom that has Kanji! I will attempt too anyway, I will post if I figure it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom