• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Trailer for the New DragonBall Z Movie

I didn't understand a word that was said and little to no concrete footage was shown but my body is ready nevertheless. It's been since long since this amazing anime was revisited and nothing contemporary comes close to matching the likes of DBZ. The characters are all very dynamic with a darker side present to each character even Goku, the primary protagonist.

Based on the promotional still image I'm guessing the premise of this movie occurs somewhere in between the Cell and Buu Sagas. Perhaps it focuses on an entirely new villain as most of the movies do.
Seeing as how this is set to release on March 30 of next year in Japan I'd expect a summer or fall release for other regions unless a global release is planned which would be tremendous.

It actually takes place after Kid Buu was defeated but before the 10 year skip at the end of DBZ. The movie is actually canon meaning it's part of the main storyline.

It actually takes place after Kid Buu was defeated but before the 10 year skip at the end of DBZ. The movie is actually canon meaning it's part of the main storyline.

Really? That's pretty neat. I've always wondered what occurred during that time span. My only worry is that the story or action will somehow be "dumbed" down so to speak. I felt as though the last few episodes of Dragon Ball Z centering around Uub were pretty weak and did little to advance the narrative. I fear this may leave a bad mark on the brand name if not executed properly.

Fig

The Altruist
I'm Prety excited for the new DBZ movie! What makes it pretty unique as well is that the creator of this epic anime is actually being a part of the movie unlike the previous movies. Being that this new movie is canon to the anime, I'm sure it's going to he awesome! :D

Majoras_Wrath

Home Grown Hero!
Hmm if it's cannon then it just makes this movie sound even better. The series is still quite popular so it makes sense to release something new .

Hanyou

didn't build that
So would this be a good entry point into the series? Do we know that yet? I saw about 20 episodes of the series and all it was was screaming, charging up moves, and lots of flying. I want to like the show since it's so popular, but it didn't seem to have a coherent plot and just looked like a ton of boring fighting to me.

Maybe this movie will be an opportunity to introduce myself to the lore, but I hope it's not just constant fighting.

Djinn

and Tonic
So would this be a good entry point into the series? Do we know that yet? I saw about 20 episodes of the series and all it was was screaming, charging up moves, and lots of flying. I want to like the show since it's so popular, but it didn't seem to have a coherent plot and just looked like a ton of boring fighting to me.

Maybe this movie will be an opportunity to introduce myself to the lore, but I hope it's not just constant fighting.

Each of the Dragonball series are hard to just jump right into due to the way it is structured. Every episode is only a fraction of the story and you really do have to watch each and every episode in perfect order without missing a single one to really get the show. Treat it like Lost, you never really see much accomplished in one episode but if you by some chance miss it, you will have no idea what is going on anymore until you go back and see the one you missed and connect all the dots from there. Dragonball is the same, you have to start from the beginning and see everything in order from there including much of the filler. I believe that is a huge reason why so many people stuck around and viewed the entire series even after they had decided that little made sense in it.

You should start with the original DragonBall when Goku was a kid, it will make more sense. After that, you should also watch DragonBall Kai since it is far superior than the original DBZ or you can just read the manga. Also, if you start with DBZ, here's the amount of story you are missing.
DragonBall-Vol 1-16
DBZ-Vol 17-42
You are missing a good chunk of the story if you start with DBZ.

Last edited:

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
It is times like these that I wish I knew Japanese, I'm pretty excited about this after that mess that was known as GT (even though I own all the episodes of it lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom