• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tingle Tuner

Does anyone actually use the Tingle Tuner?

my brother and I shared the games so every time I wanted to play Wind waker, He wanted to play too (thats siblings for you) -.-

anyway, since wind waker was a 1 player game, I would use the tingle Tuner and let my brother go around and find stuff for me like rupees, and bomb some enimies for me and what not every time I played. Sometimes, it was really convenient.

Does anyone else think the Tingle Tuner is useful?

K

kiryadin

I think it was useless. You have to have a GBA which I don't have. If you had it you could find some hidden statues, big wow! So I didn't miss it and thought that there could as well have been a different item on that spot in the item screen. It would have been nice if there would have been a kettle in some secret cave which allowed you to create potions from the chu gelly on the spot :)

Deku man

Just another nobody......
Meh, it was an okay item. You have to have a trust level with the person using the Tingle Turner, or else the will just waste your rupees and bomb everything. I believe it CAN be useful, but on certain occasions. For example, when you want to get to a ledge on the other side of the room, but are too lazy to find another way, you can use it to glide for 10 (I think) seconds. Overall, I think it all depends on who you are playing with.

Meh, it was an okay item. You have to have a trust level with the person using the Tingle Turner, or else the will just waste your rupees and bomb everything. I believe it CAN be useful, but on certain occasions. For example, when you want to get to a ledge on the other side of the room, but are too lazy to find another way, you can use it to glide for 10 (I think) seconds. Overall, I think it all depends on who you are playing with.

yes the only reason it was useful for me was because i had my brother was the one using it and he knows what he's doing when it comes to games. It was nice to have someone searching for treasure, bombing enemies, and giving me many other items that u can use with the tingle tuner (like the balloon or potions) You may think that it's not worth it because you have to pay for the items, but that doesn't really matter when you have somebody constantly searching for ruppees for you =) I'm probably one of the few people who actually used it throughout most of the entire game.

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
I used it before, it was pretty fun =P. But Tingle is such a weirdo that me having any connection with him makes me feel weird....His pop-belly irks me sometimes rofl! But you definitely don't need it.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
How can people who don't have a GBA call this useless? This makes no sense. That's like saying that Blurays are useless, just because I don't have a PS3 or Bluray player. Of course they aren't useless. And neither is the Tingle Tuner. Yes, there are better items in the Zelda series, but it helps a lot in the dungeons and on the ocean. You can unlock secrets with it that can't be found otherwise. It's of more use than the Nintendo Gallery.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I found it somewhat useful, but not terribly so.

If I ran out of bombs or potions, and needed either one, I would just plug in my GBA and use the Tingle Tuner. That's pretty much all I used it for, though. I always played alone, so I never had anyone else to hold the Tuner. I think it could have been more fun/useful if I'd had someone else to play with, though.

Yes, I have used it before for a trick. Where I bomb this certain spot, and a jar appears with a 100 rupee inside of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom