• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Timeline? Sure, Why Not.

startimer

Resident Cartographer
I change my mind about the timeline a lot, but still, I might as well post about it.

This is what I'm going by ATM:

::::::::::::/--WW/PH--ST
SS--OoT<
::::::::::::\MM--TP--LoZ/AoL--OoS/OoA--ALttP/LA

I have yet to place the FS titles, as I've not really played them and so don't know the story that well.

Alright, now to justify this... joy.

Well the first chunk of it, SS up to WW and TP has been confirmed by the creators, so there's no need to discuss that any further.

Now, LoZ/AoL... I'm tron on the placement of those. The geography is similar to that of ST, and the towns are named after the sages in OoT, so I want to place it on the adult timeline. But AoL just leads into OoX so perfectly... I'd place them on the AT to, if it weren't for twinrova. Gr.

OoX... I put it as OoS/OoA here, as OoS usually comes first in other media. I used to be a firm believer in the OoX/La thing, but really, a secret ending isn't much evidence. See what I mean about cahnging my mind? Anyway, AoL leads into OoX really good, what with ganon being dead and the triforce and all. The master sword is in there, even if it is a meaningless cameo, it's still there, so they'd come before ALttP. Twinrova put's them on the child timeline. Can you tell I've been focusing on these games a lot recently?

Now Alttp... This is where I get confused. It used to follow OoT so perfectly before WW screwed that up. I put it on the Child timeline, since I don't think it would work with the master sword stuck in Ganondorf's head at the bottom of the ocean. But having it after OoX, AND Tp... So, what, Ganondorf dies, steals the triforce, becomes Ganon, dies again, is half-resurected, dies, gets lost in the sacred realm transformed then dies again? THat just doesn't work.

Alright, straying from the justifications for a moment, I feel the need to say that I'm still working on this timeline, and as I type this I'm already making changes in my head. Since OoT is not the Seal War anymore, I need to figure out where the War goes. Plus I'm thinking that there's more than one ganon. Check back later, For now I'll just finish what I'm saying.

Alright, LA, Made as a direct sequel to ALttP. No other reason for it to be after ALttp. Aside from a brief backstory in the manual, nothing really connects the game to ALttP. I used to be one of those people who insisted it was after OoX, but really nothing connects it there either. It could go anywhere, just like Miyamoto said, so I put it where it was originally intended.

This timeline is flawed, veryvery flawed, I need to work on it some more.
So long for now, I'll be back later.

Well the first chunk of it, SS up to WW and TP has been confirmed by the creators, so there's no need to discuss that any further.

I'd like to see your source on the information that Twilight Princess does not precede a Link to the Past. It would seem very obvious that a lot of the geography and story was done with the intentions of connecting OoT to LTTP, such as the reasonings behing why the Master Sword is no longer housed in the Temple of Time in LTTP.

Now, LoZ/AoL... I'm tron on the placement of those. The geography is similar to that of ST, and the towns are named after the sages in OoT, so I want to place it on the adult timeline. But AoL just leads into OoX so perfectly... I'd place them on the AT to, if it weren't for twinrova. Gr.

I would love to see your thoughts as to why AoL leads into OoX, because I don't see it at all, and those reasons you listed for putting it on the Adult Timeline are the reasons why most people do put it there. If you're going to make a timeline thread, elaborate on your points, if you would.

OoX... I put it as OoS/OoA here, as OoS usually comes first in other media. I used to be a firm believer in the OoX/La thing, but really, a secret ending isn't much evidence. See what I mean about cahnging my mind? Anyway, AoL leads into OoX really good, what with ganon being dead and the triforce and all. The master sword is in there, even if it is a meaningless cameo, it's still there, so they'd come before ALttP. Twinrova put's them on the child timeline. Can you tell I've been focusing on these games a lot recently?

Those reasons hardly outmatch your reasons for putting AoL on the adult timeline. AoL is obviously on the adult timeline, as the developers said, the towns were named after the sages from OoT, and the sages weren't awoken until the Adult portion of OoT. In addition, you placed AoL before LTTP, with your reasons for OoX connecting in due to the fact that Ganon is dead. Ganon is alive in LTTP, making this placement hardly logical.

Now Alttp... This is where I get confused. It used to follow OoT so perfectly before WW screwed that up. I put it on the Child timeline, since I don't think it would work with the master sword stuck in Ganondorf's head at the bottom of the ocean. But having it after OoX, AND Tp... So, what, Ganondorf dies, steals the triforce, becomes Ganon, dies again, is half-resurected, dies, gets lost in the sacred realm transformed then dies again? THat just doesn't work.

LTTP very obviously goes after both Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, due to previously stated information, but it seems like you have no idea why you chose this place to put the game.

This timeline is flawed, veryvery flawed, I need to work on it some more.
So long for now, I'll be back later.

Perhaps you should finish your timeline, then type up your thoughts and elaborate on your reasonings before posting a thread about it.

startimer

Resident Cartographer
I'd like to see your source on the information that Twilight Princess does not precede a Link to the Past. It would seem very obvious that a lot of the geography and story was done with the intentions of connecting OoT to LTTP, such as the reasonings behing why the Master Sword is no longer housed in the Temple of Time in LTTP.

Say... what? This makes no sense at all. TP DOES preced Alttp, I never said it didn't.

I would love to see your thoughts as to why AoL leads into OoX, because I don't see it at all, and those reasons you listed for putting it on the Adult Timeline are the reasons why most people do put it there. If you're going to make a timeline thread, elaborate on your points, if you would.

I actually posted a whole thread about the OoX placement, it's right below this one. And... you're not making sense again.
"those reasons you listed for putting it on the Adult Timeline are the reasons why most people do put it there."
...what?

Those reasons hardly outmatch your reasons for putting AoL on the adult timeline. AoL is obviously on the adult timeline, as the developers said, the towns were named after the sages from OoT, and the sages weren't awoken until the Adult portion of OoT. In addition, you placed AoL before LTTP, with your reasons for OoX connecting in due to the fact that Ganon is dead. Ganon is alive in LTTP, making this placement hardly logical.

"hardly outmatch"? Hm. An entire plot being outmatched by a naming cameo and some minor geographical similarities? And I said myself that the placing of Alttp didn't make sense. Also, it's worth noting that even if the sages weren't awoken as sages, they still existed, and most were notable people.

LTTP very obviously goes after both Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, due to previously stated information, but it seems like you have no idea why you chose this place to put the game.

Yeah, I totally didn't put Alttp after OoT and Tp. It's out in space somewhere. right. In all seriousness, It sould probably go before LoZ/AoL. I just have a tendency to put it dead last because of the whole "MS sleeps forever" deal.

Perhaps you should finish your timeline, then type up your thoughts and elaborate on your reasonings before posting a thread about it.

You see, I change my timeline a lot, A LOT. I have some really good ideas, but they get pushed aside to make room for passing notions. The thread is to keep track of my progress and thoughts, as well as get feedback as I go. Sitting in a corner drawing up diagrams by myself has only gotten me this far, and is leading me in circles.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
AoL is obviously on the adult timeline, as the developers said, the towns were named after the sages from OoT, and the sages weren't awoken until the Adult portion of OoT.
I don't recall the developers saying it went on the Adult Timeline. They said that the Sages were named after the towns in AoL, as an Easter Egg of sorts. How could they have consciously named towns in a game after characters that weren't even conceived until 10 years later? I find it unlikely they could have had OoT in mind when they made AoL.

Why is it obvious? I'm not sure what information you're referring to.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom