• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Timeline from My View. Notice: FIRST TIME POSTER.

99% ZeldaExpert

This is my first post since I'm a new member so feel free to make suggestions or arguements as to why I think this is the timeline.

(Adult Link)Oot---LttP---OoX---WW---PH---LA

(Young Link)Oot---MM---TP---MC---FS---FSA---LoZ---LoL

Havn't place Skyward Sword or Spirit Tracks but I have a few theories. Again, feel free to make an arguement over something and i'll try to explain my reasoning and maybe find an error in my timeline. Feel free to ask me questions or what of my theories for I am not against saring them for hope that someone will reach the goal of finding the correct timeline. Here is my theory on the Skyward Sword I just can't seem to find where it should go, but here it is: In the Minish Cap at the very beggining it goes through this storyline of an evil known as "Shadow", that swallowed up the land of Hyrule. It then says qoute, "The tiny Picori appeared from the sky, bringing the hero of men a sword and a golden light." Now my theory is that this is an early refference to the upcoming game "Skyward Sword" because, the Skyward Sword is a sword from the sky world known as "Skyloft." which (like said in most of the words) is in the sky. I beleive the Picori Sword and the Skyward Sword are the same thing because they both reference to the sky. Argue with me please, it makes a good fight.

Master

Upcoming
Your timeline seems like it is going in the right direction , in my opinion . I really think you meant "Aol"not "LoL". But anyways , I just want to say that your Adult Timeline looks really good , i like it . :)

99% ZeldaExpert

Your timeline seems like it is going in the right direction , in my opinion . I really think you meant "Aol"not "LoL". But anyways , I just want to say that your Adult Timeline looks really good , i like it . :)
Sorry I don't know what AoL means I just meant LoL standing for Legend of Link, but thanks for the compliment :)

L

link150

first i can hardly read it,as in the abriveations but lve figured out where spirit tracks go. right after phantom hourglass

99% ZeldaExpert

first i can hardly read it,as in the abriveations but lve figured out where spirit tracks go. right after phantom hourglass​
Now you see that doesn't make sence because at the end of Phantom Hourglass, Link goes to sea in his boat and at the beggining of Lttp, he is caught in the middle of a storm while at sea. So it makes more sence for it to go somewhere after Minish Cap because of its absence of the Master Sword.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Sorry I don't know what AoL means I just meant LoL standing for Legend of Link, but thanks for the compliment :)

The correct title is Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, not the Legend of Link. The usual abbreviation is AoL, referring to 'Adventure of Link'.

The timeline looks already. The obvious thing that stands out is the placement of A Link to the Past and the Oracle of Ages/Seasons. I personally think the evidence connects them with the original Legend of Zelda and Adventure of Link. Also, it's hard to believe that a game can take place between Ocarina of Time and The Wind Waker.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
In the Minish Cap at the very beggining it goes through this storyline of an evil known as "Shadow", that swallowed up the land of Hyrule. It then says qoute, "The tiny Picori appeared from the sky, bringing the hero of men a sword and a golden light." Now my theory is that this is an early refference to the upcoming game "Skyward Sword" because, the Skyward Sword is a sword from the sky world known as "Skyloft." which (like said in most of the words) is in the sky. I beleive the Picori Sword and the Skyward Sword are the same thing because they both reference to the sky. Argue with me please, it makes a good fight.
I can tell you two reasons why this can't be the case. First, the sword came from the sky and was then given to the Hero of Men. In SS, the hero also came from the sky. Second, we know that the SS becomes the MS, and we know that the Picori Blade becomes the FS. The FS can't be the MS because they have different backstories and they both appear in GBA LttP, therefore the SS can't be the PB.

Bringing your explanation from the other thread in order to reply to it,
At the end of OoT, Gannondorf was sealed into the dark realm and Link went back in time. (Later, a different Link has to prevent Gannon from brakeing through the dark realm.) All the text in the paranthesis are the storyline for LttP meaning, LttP comes after OoT. At the end of OoT, Link brings the Triforce back to Hyrule where it then teleports him to different worlds that are in trouble. Thus bringing OoS and OoA after LttP. Gannon then tries to return, but to keep him from doing that, the goddeses flood all of Hyrule keeping him under the dark waters of the Great Sea in WW. Gannondorf in WW then tries to collect the Triforce so he can wish away the water and become the ruler of Hyrule. Link stops him in WW by turning him to stone thus killing him. Then there is the obvious sequel to WW which is PH because of its character refferences. Which leads to Link becomeing caught in a storm which begins LA as Link awakens the Wind Fish ending the adult timeline. Now for the young Link version, Link goes back in time after defeating Gannon in OoT and tells Zelda that Gannondorf plans to brings back Gannon. Gannondorf is then sentenced to be executed by the sages, but they are unable to kill Gannondorf themselves because the Triforce of Power is embeded in Gannondorf leaving the only key to his destruction being the Master Sword. So instead of killing him, they banished him to the Twilight Realm. During this, Link is off in the forest in search of his missing fairy, Na'vi when Skull Kid attacks him beggining the events of MM. Nothing happens in MM that changes the timeline really so at the end he goes back to the forest to continue searching for Na'vi. Later, a different Link has to kill Gannondorf after he escapes from the Twilight Realm. Thus starting TP. After the events of TP, thus begins MC. In MC the Master Sword, known in MC as the Picori Blade, is destroyed. It is then reforeged as the Four Sword meaning, the Master Sword no longer exists. The next games are now obviously FS and FSA. Gannon is sealed into the Four Sword after FS and FSA and eventually breaks loose. Meaning another Link has to defeat him. This begins LoZ where Gannon is finnaly killed useing the silver arrow. In LoL, Gannon's minions try to ressurect Gannon by killing Link. The rest is debatable like Skyward Sword which I beleive to go somewhere after the Minish Cap. (See my timeline for refference between the two) And the Spirit Tracks one is a mystery to me although it does have some refference to go somewhere after the Minish Cap because the Master Sword does not appear in Spirit Tracks.
It's impossible for any game containing Ganon(dorf), the ToX, or the MS (read: just about any game released to date, including LttP and OoX) to come between OoT and WW. Ganondorf was sealed in the SR, escaped, and was sealed in the Flood Seal until WW. Nothing else could have happened to him in-between. He had the ToP the whole time, so nothing could have happened to it either.
Your CT looks good though.
SS is confirmed to be before OoT, and ST is confirmed to be after PH (100 years later, starring a different Link).

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
This is my first post since I'm a new member so feel free to make suggestions or arguements as to why I think this is the timeline.

(Adult Link)Oot---LttP---OoX---WW---PH---LA

(Young Link)Oot---MM---TP---MC---FS---FSA---LoZ---LoL

Havn't place Skyward Sword or Spirit Tracks but I have a few theories. Again, feel free to make an arguement over something and i'll try to explain my reasoning and maybe find an error in my timeline. Feel free to ask me questions or what of my theories for I am not against saring them for hope that someone will reach the goal of finding the correct timeline. Here is my theory on the Skyward Sword I just can't seem to find where it should go, but here it is: In the Minish Cap at the very beggining it goes through this storyline of an evil known as "Shadow", that swallowed up the land of Hyrule. It then says qoute, "The tiny Picori appeared from the sky, bringing the hero of men a sword and a golden light." Now my theory is that this is an early refference to the upcoming game "Skyward Sword" because, the Skyward Sword is a sword from the sky world known as "Skyloft." which (like said in most of the words) is in the sky. I beleive the Picori Sword and the Skyward Sword are the same thing because they both reference to the sky. Argue with me please, it makes a good fight.

Well, first and foremost, welcome to the forums. :) Before I start, just a few suggestions; try to elaborate more, and try to explain your placement for every game.

ALttP following OoT is a tad bizarre, mostly because you have it placed in between Ocarina of Time and TWW. There was a time when ALttP could be placed adjacent to Ocarina of Time, (because it was originally thought to be the Seal War) but that opinion has largely since vanished, mostly because of TWW. In the prologue of TWW, Hyrule couldn't be saved from Ganon's unexpected return because the Hero of Time had gone back in time, and couldn't return by pulling the Master Sword, because that would only re-create the same reality that takes place in the adult portion of OoT. This is what Zelda meant when she said something along the lines of "the path between times will close." That means that, as Locke64 said, there can be no events involving Ganon or the Triforce in between OoT and TWW. Another important note is that at the end of OoT, the Triforce is in its three fragments -- Power, Wisdom, and Courage. In ALttP, the Triforce is whole, and is found in its entirety by Ganon, who uses it to transform the Sacred Realm into the Dark World. However, in TWW, the Triforce has been shattered even further beyond the three fragments, and the pieces have been scattered all over the Great Sea (hence why you have to find them). This is because the Hero of Time went back in time, still possessing the Triforce of Courage, breaking the equilibrium of the Triforce in the Adult Timeline.

The notion of ALttP being adjacent to OoT is by and large defunct; it can't go after OoT in the Adult Timeline, because TWW occurs there, and it can't go after OoT in the child timeline because MM occurs there, and TP happens at roughly the same time as TWW, except on the Child Timeline.

In addition, the Link from LA has been confirmed to be the same Link from ALttP; there are also people who believe that OoX Link is also ALttP Link (myself included), but that's still up for debate. Regardless, LA has been confirmed to be placed near ALttP (usually directly adjacent, but occasionally with OoX in between).

Rytex

Resident Netizen
I think your timeline is ok, but it could use a little work. I definitely know mine was terrible when I first made it. You can look if you want at this link. http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?9583-Split-Timeline-Oracle-Reuniting-Timeline-Theory Originally, it didn't actually have the timeline itself. Anyway, yours is thought out well, but a few things can be fixed.

1. Like the others have said, ALttP and OoX cannot go before TWW. Otherwise, there'd likely be multiple statues of Heros in Hyrule instead of just the one.
2. Where's Spirit Tracks? It is supposed to go after PH, but LA could take place after it. Only LA is a direct sequel (so we all seem to think) of ALttP. And ALttP takes place in Hyrule. Hyrule was destroyed by flood at the end of TWW, and the land that Tetra and Link found would not be the new Hyrule, but Their Land. So, that timeline has to end after ST, though I think in my new improved timeline that OoX can reunite the timelines through some way, shape, or form.
3. Four Swords is called the "oldest tale" in the history of Hyrule, but some don't see it that way. To each his own, but in both MC and 4S, the Triforce isn't mentioned at all, neither is Ganon, or even the Golden Land, which is a defining characteristic of games post-OoT.
4. ALttP, then, must be a direct prequel to TLoZ, since that's its confirmed position. If LA is a direct Sequel, this would likely make the ALttP Link the same Link as TLoZ, because he loses all equipment in the storm (and since LA is a dream, he doesn't get it back when he wakes up), and has to go find it again. So, this Link seems to be doing a lot of adventuring.

All in all, the theory is good for the most part (at least compared to my disastrous first try). Good job for a first post.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
OoX can reunite the timelines through some way, shape, or form.
lol Don't try it. =P
in both MC and 4S, the Triforce isn't mentioned at all, neither is Ganon, or even the Golden Land, which is a defining characteristic of games post-OoT.
PH? ST?
4. ALttP, then, must be a direct prequel to TLoZ, since that's its confirmed position. If LA is a direct Sequel, this would likely make the ALttP Link the same Link as TLoZ, because he loses all equipment in the storm (and since LA is a dream, he doesn't get it back when he wakes up), and has to go find it again. So, this Link seems to be doing a lot of adventuring.
wait what? LttP/LA/LoZ/AoL??
LttP's box said:
今度の舞台はリンクが活躍した頃よりも遥か昔、ハイラルが、まだ一つの王国であった時代。
This time, the stage is set very long before the time when Link accomplished a feat, the epoch when Hyrule was still one kingdom.

走る、ぶつかる、かつぐ、投げる。押す、引く、泳ぐ、剣を振る・・・
Run, strike, carry, throw. Push, pull, swim, swing the sword...

ハイラルの国中を自由自在に駆け巡り、黄金の力『トライフオース』を手にしたとき、あなたは伝説の勇者になれるのです。
Roaming freely all over the country of Hyrule, you'll get used to being the hero of legend once you have obtained the golden power, the "Triforce".

Notes:

- Where I wrote "very long before", the word is 遥か昔 (haruka mukashi), which I can't remember seeing used ever before, and indeed I think it's fairly special and could therefore imply an interval between ALttP and LoZ of such a long time that the usual words for "long ago" would've been understatements. After all, the longer the interval, the better it can be explained why during LoZ nothing was remembered of the events of ALttP. Because if they remembered, the manual story of LoZ should have spent some more words on Ganon's backstory, regardless of that they didn't even dream of making ALttP back then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom