• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Time has passed: Thoughts on Smash Bros. 4

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
It made me realise how much I've taken for granted in the past, particularly in Brawl; there's lots of notable faults. For instance, past games don't have a selection of stages that relies on returning stages to get by. The layout of the character select screen is also too... messy, for the lack of a better word.

Most additions (namely the aesthetic ones) are either negligible or forgettable. The best one is the red spark that appears when hit at high damage percent, everything else is just THERE. Smash Run is okay, Smash Tour is the essence of "eh..." and Special Orders is far from addicting.

Veterans are generally refined nicely (such as removing transformations) and the game is the most balanced in the series so far, from what I can tell. Custom moves are awesome, but the grind to get them all is ridiculous. The newcomers are okay, though on a personal note, the only ones I'm extremely fond of are Rosalina and Palutena (who happened to be my two most-wanted characters).

I don't like how they introduced two new clones and returned an old one, especially since colour-swaps are more busy than they've ever been before.

Partially due to the amount of characters we have now, the single-player is unfortunately far more draining than it's ever been, especially if you intend on completing both versions of Smash 4. It doesn't help the Classic mode and All-Star mode are hardly improved, if at all.

I still adore both games, specifically the fact we now have portable Smash. I always play a few games of Smash 3DS with my brother when we travel in the car together, great fun.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoy the 3DS version. I really wanted the Wii U version, but I just haven't had the time or money to get one. The graphics are awesome, and I like the added Smash Run, which can be pretty challenging.

This one reminds me of Melee, which is my favorite in the series. If they didn't already, I wish they'd include the Termina: Great Bay Stage. :senpaipls:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom