• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Time Doubt: Dragon Lanaryu Quest

Sorry for the bad title, couln't think in a good one.
So my doubt is this: Lanaryu ask you to plant the Tree of file somewhere good. So you go to the Sealed Temple and go to the past and plant the tree, when you go back to the future, the tree is there, but i t would be strange a tree apper in the future suddently, and Groose would be surprised, but he is observing it like it has been there the whole time. I know about the time paradox, and here is my idea of what happened: Link go to the past and plant the tree, when he goes to the future, his body is imprisioned in the portal (just like oot) then the years pass and everything is happening again (zelda falling fron the sky,etc) but with the tree planted there, then when link enters the portal to go to the past, and the impriosioned link is release to the present with the tree planted......... ok, sound crazy...!
But can someone explain? Do you think this can cause a split in the timeline? or what? Share your ideas!

Sorry for bad english!

Please help me and my near explosion mind! :)

Last edited:
well, in some way it would be a different timeline, but:

Magic_Beans.png

those did the same, and neither of them would make a timeline, at least for Nintendo

Basically, any action that a character does in the past causes a split, but many of these splits are so insignificant that no one actually focuses on them.

It's because Legend of Zelda games utilize B-theory of time for all the time travel elements of their games. Wikipedia has a good article about B-theory of time travel, I suggest you read about it. :)

It's because Legend of Zelda games utilize B-theory of time for all the time travel elements of their games. Wikipedia has a good article about B-theory of time travel, I suggest you read about it. :)

thanks, i will read and try to understand!

What makes you say that Zelda games use B-theory? Maybe I don't completely understand it, but it seems to me that neither A-theory nor B-theory deals with time travel. If anything, it seems like Zelda games couldn't be using B-theory. According to B-theory the past, present, and future are already occurring, an idea that would suggest immutability of time.

What makes you say that Zelda games use B-theory? Maybe I don't completely understand it, but it seems to me that neither A-theory nor B-theory deals with time travel. If anything, it seems like Zelda games couldn't be using B-theory. According to B-theory the past, present, and future are already occurring, an idea that would suggest immutability of time.

alright i'll try to put this simply. b-theory states that basically, when time travelling you create alternate universes of sorts... that's why Groose acts like the Tree of Life was always there after you plant it in the past.

alright i'll try to put this simply. b-theory states that basically, when time travelling you create alternate universes of sorts

I still don't see why that wouldn't be the case for A-Theory. I read the Wikipedia articles, and as I understand it, the only difference between the two is that in B-theory the future is already happening, while in A-theory it has yet to be determined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom