• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

This Game's a Joke, Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Con-man

Master Swordsman
Who in there right mind plays on the wii looking for graphics lol

No one, that's why there's an issue.

Wouldn't it be awesome if you walked through Faron woods and it had this level of quality? Just for one game? It doesn't have to stay that way.

Attachments

• skyrim-scenery-screenshot.jpg
    skyrim-scenery-screenshot.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 21

Ganon0075

Ganon, King of Douchness.
No one, that's why there's an issue.

Wouldn't it be awesome if you walked through Faron woods and it had this level of quality? Just for one game? It doesn't have to stay that way.

As much as I would like to see a Zelda game with graphics like that, I don't see how it is an issue that people are not looking for graphics when playing a Wii game or any game for that matter.
Story as I have said before is far more important then graphics, but once again I'm not saying to go out and make a great story but with crappy graphics.

If a game system cannot handle high graphics, the games made for it cannot be blamed for not having these "high-definition" graphics. The only time graphics become a concern is when they come off as lazy and doesn't drive up to full potiential that system offers. Skyward Sword should not be criticized by graphics, that criticism should goes for the Wii system itself which is another story.

elliotstriforce

trollin for booty
personally, i am enjoying the game, i'm judging it on the gameplay and story-line. i really like the depth that this game has with the story-line, i've played every zelda game released (haven't beaten most of them yet.) but this one is one of the best so far. raykay, from what i've read you've only played a couple of the games, (wind waker isn't even one of the best). you can't say a game has no quests when you've barely made a dent in the game. now that you have a wii, go out and get twilight princess (it's more fun for the wii), then say that game has no quests. it doesn't matter how big a game is it's the content the game has to offer, by content i'm refering to information. that information comes in the form of a storyline. as i stated (kinda) this game is big on the story-line, and i enjoy that. love it or leave it.

KnowItAllBird

Hero of Time
Regarding graphics.... I don't know if anybody else feels the same way as I do, but personally I believe that zelda should continue using cartoon style graphics. Maybe a realistic looking zelda game would be better, I couldn't say until I experienced one, but I feel like graphics that are too realistic would take away from the sense of child-like innocence that I feel is embedded in the series. I mean, imagine a realistic looking mario!

...Obviously thats quite different, but I think that the same principle applies.

What's grey?
I really do like non-realistic Zelda, although an occasional realistic one would be nice.
-
Concerning how much SS pushes the Wii in the graphical department, I don't know, but some games do use up more power than you may think. (Okami has twice as many polygons as a first glance would suggest).
-
When talking about linearity, I've just finished the first dungeon, and it does seem a bit confined. It seems to be what I can remember of Twilight Princess, with all the vast space removed. However, there is a lot of detail in everything and with some characters. (Groose has a punching bag with Link's face on it, the cat can fly.)

I also played Wind waker on Gamecube which was slightly more boring than ocarina because of the long distances and less content in the game. Since then i havened owned a nintendo system

You didn't stop owning a Nintendo system purely on one Zelda game that you thought was boring did you?

BTW, the only other systems that came out after the Gamecube and before the Wii were hand held ones (Game Boy Advance SP, Nintendo DS and DS Lite).

so i couldnt really play the other games (apart from some weekend sessions at friends/family)

Other games as in just Zelda? If so, the only Zelda games that came out on those hand helds were The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & Four Swords and The Minish Cap for the Game Boy Advance SP and The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks for the Nintendo DS. Now were any one of those the ones you played on weekend sessions at friends/family? If so, what do you think of those ones?

Then i heard from the anniversary of Zelda, and read that probably the "best Zelda ever" is going to be released soon and i decided to give it a try and bought a wii and the game on release date.

The graphics is worse then in Ocarina of time?! really?! Why?

Wait a minute. You heard about Skyward Sword and "decided" to give it a try? What was there to decide? Didn't you see in game footage of the game and seen how "worse" the graphics were compared to OoT before you bought it?

So what do you think?!

:lol:

I'm sorry.... I just think you need to give it more time and also care more about game play then graphics.

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
Seriously though, looking at the graphics and saying OoT's graphics are better than SS's graphics is like comparing Paper to chocolate and saying paper tastes better. Still, as of the fact I've only played demos of SS I cannot say much, but I can say, SS if freaking awesome!! :D

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Actually, paper could still taste better than chocolate depending on the person. That's the whole reasoning behind opinion, right?

bunny

birb overlord
You should wait until you've gotten farther in the game before you judge it this harshly. Many of the quests aren't available until later in the game, and there is more ground once you get farther as well.

And yes, since when do you upgrade your shields with bugs? Never. There are materials for that, and bugs for potions.

The graphics are worse than Ocarina of Time's... Hmm.. You really should have been specific. If you're talking about the N64, then you are clearly wrong. If you're speaking of the 3D version, then I will just point out a few things... the 3DS came out this year. The Wii came out... 5 or 6 years ago. Plus, the game is meant to look like an impressionistic painting, whatever you think is wrong with it, is probably supposed to be that way.

It took you 5 hours to get past the first temple... 5... hours... Just wait until you've gotten to the Lanayru Mining Facility. You'll stop complaining about the shortness of the dungeons.

What I got from you was, you're upset because there are new elements in the game. Again, you sir, should have waited until you got farther in the game.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Polygon count is obviously better than OoT, it doesn't take much for the Wii to outclass the N64. A few textures here and there in SS are actually on par with OoT, it just takes a few quality screenshots in Dolphin or something similar. Nonetheless, it's true that SS' graphics are in general better than OoT. The style isn't exactly loved by everyone, but they're still better by technical terms.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Hi all,
i've just registered to tell you my feelings about this.
I am/was a huge Zelda fan, have played all the games in the 90s for gameboy, SNES and of course Ocarina of time for N64. I loved Ocarina of time, due to its adventurous feeling, lovely graphics and gameplay. I also played Wind waker on Gamecube which was slightly more boring than ocarina because of the long distances and less content in the game. Since then i havened owned a nintendo system so i couldnt really play the other games (apart from some weekend sessions at friends/family).

well but i never really forgot how beautiful ocarina of time was (and partly wind waker) and about the great time i had with this game. Then i heard from the anniversary of Zelda, and read that probably the "best Zelda ever" is going to be released soon and i decided to give it a try and bought a wii and the game on release date

Since then ive played around 5 hours and just yesterday finished the first temple (which was very short somehow).

And i am asking you this: What the hell is this sh**?? Is that really zelda?? it hasnt made any progress in tha last 20 years?

_The graphics is worse then in Ocarina of time?! really?! Why?
_The areas i have explored are a total joke, in the sky there is like 3 or 4 islands so small you can barely land on them..
_The "sky city" itself has like, dont know 20 NPCs? What kind of life is that when they are living just in that town for centuries havent seen anything of the earth land and still are just 20 people?
_The areas on the earth (have just finished wood area and a bit of vulcano) are really small and very straight forward, i mean even the "worlds" in Super Mario 64 (where you have to jump through a painting) had more freedom of exploring and were almost as big as one of the (only!) three areas in this game?! Furthermore there is like no life on the earth, there are occasionally some enemies (who hold up their swords very awkwardly by the way, just to have a reason for the annoying motion playing?) but nothing else? No cities, no villages nothing? are there even quests down there, except going to the temple? Why is this damn whole in the sky then not directly above the temple?
_Quests? Are there any? Have done exactly... one! since ive started the game. Wont spoiler here, because that might be the only quest in the game( something about a girl).. Main story line is more like a long manga or comic book for me rather than a quest line, there are no real quests in it just go here and there. Im playing skyrim too since 2 weeks and its like the complete opposite you can go to talk to anyone in the vast amount of towns and villages and almost everyone has something to say or do.

I think the most annoying thing is really that you have nothing to explore, the sky world has really so few content it feels like it was orginally planned to be a screen saver in the nintendo offices. And the earth areas are just bad. just really bad. you never have the option to go either this way or that.. i hope this gets better during the game, though.

Last thing im really confused of, since when do you repair shield and upgrade swords with butterflies and bugs? Wth?!

So what do you think?!

P.s. sorry for my bad english, german guy

Just because you hated SS, doesn't mean you should stop being a Zelda fan.

This isn't sh**, it's epic. Zelda has made plenty of progress over the years.

The graphics are much physically greater than OoT.

Skyloft has about 35 NPCs, not 20.

There are plenty of side quests, at least two major ones.

These areas are more fun to explore than Super Mario 64. I have SM64 and I love it, but these areas in SS are much more precise and well-done.

There is no life on Earth because it was unknown to the Skyloftians.

The upgrade system is new to this game, you need to learn to accept new things.

Last edited:
One: what kind nutjob joins a forum to insult a game after playing through 5% of it?!

BTW, Con-man:
Skyward sword is stuck in the past. Many of you think Zelda should stay the sameforever, but then what's the point of releasing new games?
This makes you seem like you want the series to undertake big changes, but
Have you played the original Zelda? It was an open world environment and you could beat the dungeons in any order. What is so wrong about updating the graphics?
You want it to go forward, but also back... Also, the whole graphics thing? That's A. much more realistic than every zelda but TP, and B. There's these thing people have, what we call opinions. ever here of one of those?

Con-man

Master Swordsman
One: what kind nutjob joins a forum to insult a game after playing through 5% of it?!

BTW, Con-man:
This makes you seem like you want the series to undertake big changes, but You want it to go forward, but also back... Also, the whole graphics thing? That's A. much more realistic than every zelda but TP, and B. There's these thing people have, what we call opinions. ever here of one of those?

People complain that Zelda doesn't get things like midnight releases, I'm just telling you why. Also I made the second point to show that making a more open world environment would improve the next game, and that things they did in the past That they DON'T do anymore could improve the game. I think Zelda's graphics really need updating, I think if you took Skyrim's open world environment and AMAZING graphics and mixed them with Zelda's character development, story line and combat/melee system you could possibly have the best game ever made.

L

LiquidOmega

The ONLY things in the game that I didn't like were the Goddess's Harp (I was boring and not used to it's full potential) and The Sky was slightly disappointing, I wish it was a bit larger and that there were larger islands that had civilization on them. Other than that I LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVED the game! Easily my favorite Zelda game to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom