• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Third CG Resident Evil film greenlit

Its been confirmed that a third CG Resident Evil film (following Degeneration and Damnation) will be released in 2017 and will feature Leon, Chris and Rebecca.

This will be the first time we've seen Rebecca in an original canon role since Resident Evil Zero. Exciting times!

Finally Chris in one of the movies. Also Rebecca being back is awesome, I'm still hoping for her to return in RE7 as the main character in a true survival horror game.

Disasterbate5k

Shubadawoo
Chris is one of my favorite video game characters in all gaming. But I still think he's had more than enough screen time lately. The directors seem to forget there are other characters than just Chris and Leon. Regardless having anybody other than Leon in the film will be neat and am still excited to see how it plays out.

And Rebecca omg yes please.

They put this scene in RE6 just to get Leon and Chris to fight:

Wonder if they will do that again lol.

I liked that scene. I've never liked Chris he was far too macho and kind of dull. Leon was a wuss in RE2 but since then he has done so well for himself that I'm actually proud of him. Reai4, Degeneration and then 6 were like him rising through the ranks and when I saw the two of them raise their guns it was like the underdog challenging the king.... And I wanted Leon to win.

I liked that scene. I've never liked Chris he was far too macho and kind of dull. Leon was a wuss in RE2 but since then he has done so well for himself that I'm actually proud of him. Reai4, Degeneration and then 6 were like him rising through the ranks and when I saw the two of them raise their guns it was like the underdog challenging the king.... And I wanted Leon to win.
Macho ftw. Chris would crush Leon like a boulder. Not only is he physically stronger, he's arguably the better marksman (what he's known for), he's defeated the toughest bad guy in the series multiple times (Wesker), he's also got more experience, a tougher job, and he's not afraid to go in with a partner.

Leon is a wuss, can't even do his ONE JOB of protecting the president. Ada, waaa.

Plus Chris is close with Jill, my other favorite RE character. I hope they hook up /nerdgasm. His sister was also trained by him and she's also bad ass :D.

Macho ftw. Chris would crush Leon like a boulder. Not only is he physically stronger, he's arguably the better marksman (what he's known for), he's defeated the toughest bad guy in the series multiple times (Wesker), he's also got more experience, a tougher job, and he's not afraid to go in with a partner.

Leon is a wuss, can't even do his ONE JOB of protecting the president. Ada, waaa.

Plus Chris is close with Jill, my other favorite RE character. I hope they hook up /nerdgasm. His sister was also trained by him and she's also bad ass :D.

Leon has better hair

He looks rather rugged now, he has Ada too and is a one liner machine. Might be a bit of a poser but 'you get used to it'.
You can only be so rugged with a pretty boy face and haircut tho :D.

Now this is rugged!
p4d2YCt.jpg

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Chris would crush Leon like a boulder. Not only is he physically stronger, he's arguably the better marksman (what he's known for),
Consider the fight in Resi 6. Chris during the China sections is volatile and aggressive, totally unlike the Chris we see in every other game in the series. He is motivated by anger and hatred. All he wants to do, his only goal in Chapter 3, is to murder Ada Wong. He doesn't care about anything else. He frequently gets into confrontations with Piers about his single-minded, reckless objective, and with each death of his squad-mates while pursuing her his resolve only hardens. When Chris has Ada in his sights the only thing he can think of is killing her.

And then Leon gets in his way.

During that fight Chris is throwing everything he has at Leon because he wants to get to Ada so badly. He needs to kill her, and he will eliminate anything in his way, even Leon. His emotional state and his motivations at that moment are focused on doing whatever it takes to get to Ada.

And yet Chris, a muscle-bound man who you claim is stronger and more skilled than Leon, fighting as aggressively as he can and with a more solid determination than he's ever had can't beat Leon. Leon fights him to a stalemate, proving that Chris at his absolute best can't overcome Leon.

So you're wrong, Chris wouldn't crush Leon. If he could, Leon would have lost that fight.

he's defeated the toughest bad guy in the series multiple times (Wesker),
He's defeated Wesker exactly once.

In Resi 1 Wesker is 'killed' by the Tyrant. Chris does nothing.

In Code: Veronica, Wesker beats the crap out of Chris and then gets blocked by falling debris before he can finish the job.

In Lost in Nightmares, the next chronological meeting of the two characters, Wesker has Chris in a choke hold and Chris is saved from death only by the sacrifice of Jill.

In Resi 5 proper, they fight twice. The first time, in the battle against Wesker and Jill, Wesker toys with Chris for seven minutes before leaving. Best case scenario for Chris is making Wesker leave sooner. He doesn't defeat him. The second time, they fight for ages, eventually ending up in the volcano, when Chris and Sheva work together to take him out once and for all.

So you're wrong, Chris hasn't defeated Wesker multiple times, he's been lucky to survive fights with Wesker multiple times, and then defeated him once with help at every step of the way.

he's also got more experience, a tougher job, and he's not afraid to go in with a partner.
I would argue that Leon has as much experience of fighting BOWs as Chris does. A case could be made for Leon having survived more challenges incidents, actually, but I won't make that case here. The two of them are exceptionally experienced at what they do and I hardly think Chris has any kind of advantage there.

Chris's job is also arguably not as tough. Chris has to fight BOWs with an army. Leon has to fight them on his own, whilst also having to protect the leader of the free world and his family. I would argue Leon's job is more challenging, stressful, and difficult.

When you say he's not afraid to go in with a partner I assume you meant to say without a partner. Either way, this statement applies equally to Leon, who has gone on missions both with and without partners with no hesitation or lack of confidence.

None of these things make Chris better than Leon because they can apply to Leon just as well.

Leon is a wuss, can't even do his ONE JOB of protecting the president.
Considering the one time Leon failed was because someone on the team betrayed the Secret Service I would argue that this is not a reflection on his ability to do his job. When Ronald Reagan got shot the Secret Service did everything their job description called for (one man even literally took a bullet for the president), and yet Reagan got shot. none of those agents failed in their duty, they did everything that was expected of them. But sometimes your best just isn't good enough. Leon was able to keep President Graham alive for his entire term, as well as save his daughter on his own, so one failure that was caused by betrayal and conspiracy doesn't indicate that he can't do his job.

He's also not a wuss, as evidenced by the fact that he can beat Chris Redfield in a straight fight.

Ada, waaa.
Leon shows that he has romantic feelings for another person. When has Chris ever done that? He and Jill are close friends, sure, but he's never displayed romantic interest in her. On top of this, Leon fell in love with a woman who then died in his arms (at least, that's what he believed at the time). That kind of thing is gonna leave you with some serious emotional baggage that isn't easily resolved, especially when that woman shows up multiple times in your life and you keep saving each other. This adds depth to his character, making him more interesting than a guy who has no personal relationships outside of working partnerships.

Jill Valentine has better taste than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom