• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Things You Didn't Like in OoT 3D.

I'm sorry if this is already on the forums, I haven't been here in a long time. But any who, once I got my hands on OoT 3D I haven't been able to put it down. I love everything so far in it and I would only change just a few things. There are many secrets and glitches that they've kept in from the original, like the floating fish (A glitch i think i'm the first to find). The game so far is perfect (I say so far because i'm not done with it). Now the things i didn't like arethe item menu and the ocarina. I don't like the item menu, although it is nice to switch the items around to your liking, I liked the original where everything had it's own place and it stayed there. And now my other MAJOR problem with the game, the Ocarina system. I hate that you play with the buttons. I hate it SO MUCH! Why couldn't they use the d-pad for it? Now i have to constantly look at the song menu to see how to play them! The songs are burnt into my brain from the first game with the c-stick! Ugh! But it's still a good game :)

M

MrsMack1985

I must say I agree with you about the Ocarina...they cloud have let you use the d-pad, would have been better. But my biggest pet peeve is really one that you can avoid if you want to, but I think it ruins the experience for someone who is playing the game for the first time. Those friggin Sheikah stones!!!!! I mean, come on, really?!?! Is this necessary? I mean, I know that if you get stuck in a game these days, it's easy enough to find the answer online already, but...holy cow. Are kids these days really so dumb or lazy that they need a built in guide in a classic game like this?! All I could think when I first saw them was, "In my day, our brains were connected to our thumbs, and we would use them together to save Hyrule!!!"

T

Triforcex38

Well, I didn't like one thing. They didn't remaster the songs completely. I'd rather have a Huge orchestrated soundtrack than some music from the N64. Aside from that, the game was perfect! :lol:

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
The way the Ocarina is played really bugged me. the D-Pad would've been so much better, the D-Pad and A... but no, Nintendo had to mess it up.

but, on a lighter note, that's the only thing i find wrong with it. ^^ it's a great game... always has, and always will be...

D

darklord21

takig the gold spider thing gitch.

now it a pain to get 50

apart from that the game good

TheMightyThor

The Thunder God
The only thing I disliked about Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D is the Z-target. I had some slight difficulty with the z-target against some dungeon bosses like Barinade and Bongo Bongo.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I had difficulty with the gyroscope while playing in the car, and the Ocarina controls were annoying. -_-

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I personally had no problem with the Ocarina. It makes perfect sense imo. Plus, it's on the touch-screen if you don't want to use the buttons (The D-pad is for # and b notes, by the way.)

Anyway, I really have no complaints about the game. I found it very enjoyable and much better than the original version. Both the main and Master Quest.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
Well, I didn't like one thing. They didn't remaster the songs completely. I'd rather have a Huge orchestrated soundtrack than some music from the N64. Aside from that, the game was perfect! :lol:
Initially, that was one of my worries as well. But the original sounds still hold up better than I thought.

What bugs me is that the context-sensitive A-button still doesn't work most of the time. I'm tired of the game thinking that I probably wanted to roll into a door instead of opening it, for example. Otherwise, they really could have made the fairies a bit less creepy. In all non-N64 games, the fairies are beautiful (except for the NES games, of course, but the graphical limitations of the 8-bit era are a good excuse). It's only in OoT and Majora's Mask that they look ugly as heck. That's just not consistent.

In my opinion, 3D did make some really small adjustments to the Great Fairies to make them look less... psycho. Like giving them a wider face and smaller eyes and mouth.
Their boobs still stick out 5 feet from their chest though, and that's still weird.

U

UchihaMadara

I think this remake was done quite well and I enjoyed every part of it. I have to admit though it was quite troublesome to remember the ocarina songs with these new controls but eventually I got used to it. I also didn't have any problems with the new Sheikah stones because I didn't use them at all.
All in all I have to say that (at least to me) this is the best version of this classic.

germ1137

Lokomo Ninja
Well, I'm still saving up money to buy the game, but I heared a rumor about how Navi's gonna pester you every 30 minutes to turn your 3D effect off. Just the sound of that makes me wanna use Navi as fishing bait!

U

UchihaMadara

Well, I'm still saving up money to buy the game, but I heared a rumor about how Navi's gonna pester you every 30 minutes to turn your 3D effect off. Just the sound of that makes me wanna use Navi as fishing bait!

Actually she asks you to take a break from playing every 30 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom