• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT-3DS Things That Nintendo Should Have Left Alone In the Game

Nintendo does an amazing job when it comes to the Zelda series. i've already beaten OOT : 3DS in two days but i'm actually i bit dissappointed. The reason is because Nintendo should have ported OOT to the 3DS with ONLY the original graphics, lighting, etc. They should NOT have added anything new to the game except for reliving the boss battles and i noticed they made the game MUCH easier compared to the N64 version. Why Nintendo Why couldn't you have just kept it the same?

On another note, the controls were spot on excellent though. and the game was overall amazing! please let me know if you agree :)

ahhhh noooooooo it was not the same at least as far as difficulty goes... if you didn't notice any different animations such as faster hover boots then i feel bad for you.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The gameplay was kept the same, if you found it easier it was because you knew what to do.
The only thing I disliked was that it was too bright, in the final fight with Ganondorf you could only see his glowing eyes in the original yet now you can see the rest of his disgusting new face, I hate what they did to his face.

I think Nintendo and Grezzo did a superb job of remaking OoT for the 3DS. You mentioned the graphics, but I thought those were an excellent improvement on the original graphics; they not only stayed pretty true to the original to keep the same tone, but they were enhanced and more aesthetically appealing. And like JJ said, the improved frame rate - along with the new 3DS controls that I thought were both innovative and simple - made for an easier experience; this could subjectively be viewed as a good thing or a bad thing, but I think there was a still a relatively reasonable amount of difficulty - though that could be attributed to the fact that this was my first time playing OoT past the Forest Temple. And besides graphics and controls, very little in the game was changed apart from glitches being omitted and whatnot; the core of the game was retained, along with the music. Overall, I thought OoT3D was a very refreshing experience and a nice variation of the original while staying true to it, and I don't think anything more or less should have been left alone.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
ahhhh noooooooo it was not the same at least as far as difficulty goes... if you didn't notice any different animations such as faster hover boots then i feel bad for you.

You're confusing me. Everything was kept the same with some obvious yet minor changes. Obvious meaning graphical changes, and minor meaning a few new improvements were added. The difficulty was exactly the same, unless you played Master Quest of course. I apologize that the game wasn't the same for you from N64 to 3DS, but I for one can't change that.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I'm confused as well. The only big changes I noticed were the obvious ones: improved graphics (while they still maintained the original art style) and the 3D effect. The storyline, music, characters, etc. are all from the original version. I found that this game was more fluid in movement, perhaps that is why fighting bosses seem easier, or Link runs/jumps differently. I personally liked these small improvements.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The ease of OoT3D compared to the original isn't because of the higher frame rates, people, nor is it due to the graphical facelift. Rather, it is because the sensitivity of the circle pad (or gyroscope) is less restrictive than the N64's. Aiming is ever easier now that anyone and everyone can do it simply by moving their 3DS about the room (though this is bad for recording purposes, haha). Running about and doing whatever you like again is easier seeing as how that circle pad allows you to make whatever movements you desire. Then there were minor things, well, minor thing in that the Water Temple was dumbed down ever so slightly to give a moment's reprieve from the hell that was the original.

The animations being different and thus making the game easier, this doesn't make too much sense. I personally dislike a majority of the new OoT3D animations, such as how Link runs (it looks even more ridiculous than before), but it all works out to make the same difficulty in the end of things.

EDIT: Oh, as for what I think Nintendo should've left alone, I think they should've left the rolling animation alone or at least as similar as it was before. Everytime Link rolls, it looks like his body borks out or something.

Last edited:
Wat.

No seriously, what? The game was kept entirely the same, if I could make Youtube videos, I'd do a side-by-side animation speed comparison. All puzzles are the same, all enemies are the same, and it's just as difficult as the original.

If anything, that's the problem with the game, it was just a facelift. No new optional dungeons, items, or sidequests which was slightly disappointing.

The ease of OoT3D compared to the original isn't because of the higher frame rates, people, nor is it due to the graphical facelift. Rather, it is because the sensitivity of the circle pad (or gyroscope) is less restrictive than the N64's. Aiming is ever easier now that anyone and everyone can do it simply by moving their 3DS about the room (though this is bad for recording purposes, haha). Running about and doing whatever you like again is easier seeing as how that circle pad allows you to make whatever movements you desire. Then there were minor things, well, minor thing in that the Water Temple was dumbed down ever so slightly to give a moment's reprieve from the hell that was the original.

You glanced at what I'm surprised hasn't been posted yet. They did at least change the southern gold scatula room on the bottom floor of the water temple. They moved the switch from behind bars to just something anything could hit and therefore it had no point. I think there were other things like that but I forget. I was ok with the special shieka stones being there. I don't think people should need them but I just ignored them. The boss battle thing was cool enough. I kinda wish the would have not messed with the code to remove glitches since there was nothing that affected normal gameplay. On a graphical note, they could have kept it darker and I didn't like the color of the red potion.

Nintendo should have ported OOT to the 3DS

What would be the point in just porting the game? If Nintendo did that then Ocarina of Time 3D wouldn't of sold very well. I think remaking it was a good idea, it showed that they could really take advantage of the capabilities of the 3DS. If they had just ported it, then Nintendo would of lost alot of reputation because it would just show that they are lazy, and we all know Nintendo is anything but lazy.

i noticed they made the game MUCH easier compared to the N64 version.

Well if you played the original, then of course it's gonna be easy because you know what you are doing.

Why Nintendo Why couldn't you have just kept it the same?

Apart from Sheikah Stones, Boss Battles and obviously Graphics and 3D, everything from the gameplay, story, music etc. were kept the same.

Didn't they fix a few things, like they removed a sequence break which allowed you to beat the Water Temple without the bow, and the power crouchstabbing?

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I hate what they did to his face.

Ugh me too, Ganondorf is supposed to be the human form, so why does he look like some diseased gross ugh there's no name, but I agree, why the face change? :S

Anyway. From what I've seen (haven't finished playing through the 3DS version), it's mostly the same, and I love the controls, but I know the differences might be annoying if you wanted it to be identical to the original. However, if you want the original, play the original. I think the minor differences there are have mostly a good impression on the gameplay, including the look of the graphics, even if it has lost a lot of the atmosphere in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom