• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

There's Only One Thing That Truly Confuses Me.

• Thread starter Anthony_Vaughn_
  • Start date
A

Anthony_Vaughn_

On the recent romance trailer between Link & Zelda enjoying life high in Skyloft, there's one thing that confuses and annoys me. When Link & Zelda are riding their birds towards the very end, at the moment where Zelda looks over at Link just before the previous trailer music plays, Zelda does not have the white cloth over her shoulders. Yet when she's falling and reaching out for Link, she's wearing it. Perhaps there's a scene in which we have yet to see, but regardless of that, how would she get the white cloth over her shoulders again that quick as the tornado appears and sucks her in? Images below:

Zelda without cloth.JPGZelda with cloth.JPG

Do you see what I mean? I'm just hoping Nintendo messed up accidentally and realized it to fix it, or there's something we've yet to see. It only confuses me mainly because Zelda gave Link the sailcloth for winning the Wing Ceremony, as seen in recent images.

This has been figured out some time ago, and sorta confirmed a couple of weeks ago.
The game opens with Link having a nightmare, in which Zelda is falling and gets eaten by some big mouth. That's the scene where she's wearing the cloth.
The other scene occurs in real-life, when Link has won the ceremony, gets the sailcloth from Zelda, and when they go flying she gets sucked into a tornado.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Events might not have happened as was shown in the trailer. To my recollection, the tornado scene was shown in a video before the Romance trailer. They likely did fix it up for the game, but maybe in the Romance trailer they decided to use old footage to help communicate that particular incident better.

A

Anthony_Vaughn_

This has been figured out some time ago, and sorta confirmed a couple of weeks ago.
The game opens with Link having a nightmare, in which Zelda is falling and gets eaten by some big mouth. That's the scene where she's wearing the cloth.
The other scene occurs in real-life, when Link has won the ceremony, gets the sailcloth from Zelda, and when they go flying she gets sucked into a tornado.

I remember reading about the dream Link is experiencing at the beginning of the game, and now I understand what it was about. Thank you so much for figuring it out for me. :)

No problem, I've had a big discussion about these exact scenes back when the dream wasn't confirmed yet, so it feels good to know I was right :P

A

Anthony_Vaughn_

Oh, I see. Well, I truly appreciate it, Yonatesf! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom