• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild There will be NO female Link

No, the question is why people want it so badly. Why? What would be the purpose? For equality?

Are people serious. Homosexuals make up less than 10% of the general population. Why are we catering to such a small minority? What's the purpose? Seriously, why? Inclusion? Diversity? We don't need that in games. We don't need it in television, movies, comics, or games. It isn't necessary.

It's only purpose is existing for the sake of existing to appease a tiny minority, or "allies" of said minority.

If it doesn't add to the depth of the story, then why even begin to contemplate considering perhaps adding some sort of homosexual relationship? Adding a lesbian or gay relationship to the Legend of Zelda series would not be progressive, would not move the series forward in any meaningful way, and wouldn't add to the world. It would just be there to appease a small vocal annoying minority.
just as gay people exist in the real world outside of filling a quota, gay people can exist in fiction without existing purely to fulfill a quota.

your "minorities shouldnt exist in videogames" argument doesnt really make any sense

I don't care about gay couples in Zelda, as long as their nonchalant about it. I just don't want Link and Zelda to end up being gay, like... It's not even about me being against homosexuals, it's just a respect thing, you know? Why would you want to change something in a game to fit your own agenda? So you're a woman who likes eating tacos instead of hot dogs, cool. Doesn't mean Link has to be one as well.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
For those who want gays in Zelda we already have had one already. His name is Ghirahim.

Personally I don't mind the idea of homosexuality in the series. I dont know how tolerated homosexuality is in Hyrule but it seems like a relaxed place for the most part and there is no religious law against the act as far as we know.

In SS Link could have Peatrice as a love interest and if there were to be a game where link can have love interests, a male could be one of the options. I don't see the problem with that. I don't think however that link should be an outright gay character. He is made effeminate to appeal to both men and women and making him gay could potentially put people off. I think the hero's bloodline needs to continue somehow and it would feel forced to make Link outright gay.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
just as gay people exist in the real world outside of filling a quota, gay people can exist in fiction without existing purely to fulfill a quota.

your "minorities shouldnt exist in videogames" argument doesnt really make any sense

But that's what people want, isn't it? They want homosexuality in games to fill some sort of "inclusion quotient".

You still can't answer the question as to why. If the game's story revolves around it, then fine. Just like any other story element of any story-driven game, if it is necessary for the story, then have it in the game. If it drives the plot forward, then have it in the game.

But to say Link should have a male love interest just because seems to be exactly pandering to a small demographic, which sounds a lot like filling a quota.

But that's what people want, isn't it? They want homosexuality in games to fill some sort of "inclusion quotient".

You still can't answer the question as to why. If the game's story revolves around it, then fine. Just like any other story element of any story-driven game, if it is necessary for the story, then have it in the game. If it drives the plot forward, then have it in the game.

But to say Link should have a male love interest just because seems to be exactly pandering to a small demographic, which sounds a lot like filling a quota.
Idk like I don't really have a problem with one or two gay characters if they don't openly say they're gay or it relates to the plot

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Idk like I don't really have a problem with one or two gay characters if they don't openly say they're gay or it relates to the plot

I don't have a problem with homosexual characters at all, as long as they aren't there just to pander. Xenoblade X had a pair of twin homosexuals, and that was fine. We're talking NPCs that didn't lose or gain anything by being gay, and the game didn't lose or gain anything by it. It didn't hurt anyone, and it was fine.

But that's not what we're talking about here. We're talking about giving Link a male love interest because .... well, no reason. Just because.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
...wait we're talking about Link being gay?

Yeah no. I'm kinda completely put off changes to Link made to contend in the oppression games. A gay character or a whole slew of gay characters, is a ok, in fact any type of character is a ok so long as they're not made by changing existing characters.

That said, I also wouldn't want a male option for Link to date for two reasons:

-Link has never been implied to be bi, he's straight.
-I don't want to choose who Link loves. If he has a love interest, I want the game to make it a part of the story. Link isn't me, he's his own person.

That said a male character who has the hots for Link might be fine, but I don't know how they'd do that without it bordering on stereotyping, or without the usual SJWs blowing everything about it out of proportion.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
There's nothing wrong with Link being a homosexual, and in fact I would argue it is implied he is gay in OoT and TP, specifically in OoT he never actually gets with a girl despite being of age, and in TP he is L I T E R A L L Y speechless when he sees Midna's human form, he doesn't even go DAAAAAYUM like a straight guy would (and did -- I did, Midna fyne as a mug i swere). So making him gay in a new game whether it's BotW or otherwise isn't new to the series, and it isn't pandering either.
People gotta stop freaking out about progressive change too. So what if I want Link to be black, there was a guy here who once insulted black people, he said if Link was turned black then all he would do is eat fried chicken and drink grape soda, which is utter nonsense.

If Link is a homosexual or black or whatever...what actually changes? He's still Link, right? Or is he only Link if he is a Aryan Male? He's effeminate all throughout the series bar TP, why can't he be straight up gay? Why can't he be black if HE WUZ A RABIT N SHEIT?

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
There's nothing wrong with Link being a homosexual, and in fact I would argue it is implied he is gay in OoT and TP, specifically in OoT he never actually gets with a girl despite being of age, and in TP he is L I T E R A L L Y speechless when he sees Midna's human form, he doesn't even go DAAAAAYUM like a straight guy would (and did -- I did, Midna fyne as a mug i swere). So making him gay in a new game whether it's BotW or otherwise isn't new to the series, and it isn't pandering either.
People gotta stop freaking out about progressive change too. So what if I want Link to be black, there was a guy here who once insulted black people, he said if Link was turned black then all he would do is eat fried chicken and drink grape soda, which is utter nonsense.

If Link is a homosexual or black or whatever...what actually changes? He's still Link, right? Or is he only Link if he is a Aryan Male? He's effeminate all throughout the series bar TP, why can't he be straight up gay? Why can't he be black if HE WUZ A RABIT N SHEIT?
I'm not sure if you're joking, but that's pretty much the case. Link is white and blue eyed and male, if you're not gonna bother to adhere to that, there's no point in calling the character Link.

If you take a ship named the SS Link and remove all the parts and replace them with different ones is it still the same ship?

Also it's pretty clear the Hero of Time gets with a girl at some point considering the Hero of Twilight is a direct blood descendant

Dan

If you take a ship named the SS Link and remove all the parts and replace them with different ones is it still the same ship?

Also it's pretty clear the Hero of Time gets with a girl at some point considering the Hero of Twilight is a direct blood descendant

Well er, I have a 30 page theory that Link is a test tube baby manufactured by aliens pal!

There's nothing wrong with Link being a homosexual, and in fact I would argue it is implied he is gay in OoT and TP, specifically in OoT he never actually gets with a girl despite being of age, and in TP he is L I T E R A L L Y speechless when he sees Midna's human form, he doesn't even go DAAAAAYUM like a straight guy would (and did -- I did, Midna fyne as a mug i swere)

This is a joke post right? because you contradicted your own evidence here. In OoT and TP link is clearly doing things with a love interest in mind, whether its Zelda, Saria, Midna and specially Ilia. In Skyward Sword the Romance is pretty pertinent to the story as well, in fact throughout the series the relationship between Link and Zelda is my favorite form of romance in video games. Its done with respect and subtleness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom