• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Theory of Zelda Wii U

Link18

link18
first of link is a boy look at ss or albw desighn for link and you will see it is link and a boy. i dont see why people see different as what ejii auanoma (hope i didn't butcher it) said is just him messing with us all it means is you can change your name. now thats out of the way lets get on with the theory. so if you look at the trailer closely you can see what apears to be death mountin and towards the centre castle town. this could suggest something after tp. ther is also a kind tower building that leads to forest. please comment on anything you think is wrong or advance on any of this. edit note 1 i told you after 17 games you had doubt that the main protagonist would be link. you should know eiji likes to mess with you

Last edited:
I agree for the most part. However I did put my own twist on this. considering the place where Link starts off in the trailer, the buildings are much farther apart and it looks much more rural despite it having similarities to Twilight Princess. For this reason I actually believe it's not a sequel but a prequel to the story of Twilight Princess in which you play the hero who eventually turns into the Hero's Shade from Twilight Princess to pass on his knowledge.

Link18

link18
I agree for the most part. However I did put my own twist on this. considering the place where Link starts off in the trailer, the buildings are much farther apart and it looks much more rural despite it having similarities to Twilight Princess. For this reason I actually believe it's not a sequel but a prequel to the story of Twilight Princess in which you play the hero who eventually turns into the Hero's Shade from Twilight Princess to pass on his knowledge.
wouldn't mind that i would like to know more about shade

so you're saying this is Link from OoT a bit more grown up?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo

The Hero's Shade is confirmed in Hyrule Historia to in fact be the Hero of Time from OoT. So unless we're playing as Link after his adventure in Termina, I doubt this game would explore that. Neat idea though.

---

As for the topic. I created a thread looking deeper into the one view we got of what is supposedly Hyrule Field. Basically I compared some of the settings in the distance to what seems like a more peaceful and serene Twilight Princess version of Hyrule. So yeah, for now, I'm leaning with this game taking place before TP; however I'm purely speculating on one view of the in-game world, so I could be way off, lol.

@Amnis No, actually I believe this is a brand new iteration of Link we've yet to see similar to almost every other installment.

@justaC00lguy The Hero's Shade hasn't been confirmed to be the Hero of Time but it is a highly regarded theory due to them being both left-handed. (http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Hero's_Shade) That said considering that Link appears to be right-handed in this iteration as well considering him pulling the arrow with his right hand while stabilizing the bow with his left. Also someone pointed out that there is a sword in the trailer in a place in which Link would reach with his right hand (http://imgur.com/a/wjcnq). Due to this it does debunk my theory of us playing the hero who eventually becomes the Hero's Shade. Nonetheless, as you and I both agree upon it does seem that the new layout of Hyrule clearly share similarities with Twilight Princess leading both of us to predict it as being a sequel or prequel to said title within the Child timeline.

Even though this doesn't have too much relevance, I'll post it for everyone here to see. The "arrow" Link pulls out at the end of the preview actually appears to be a magic/technological dagger Link uses. If you watch the arrow closely as Link arms it in the trailer you can see that it's fashioned onto the arrow with rope but would otherwise function as a dagger with it's hilt. It's also worth noting that as shown in the previous link in which Link removes the arrow from his saddle that it appears he only has one of these arrows. The arrow may be an heirloom of sorts that Link only has one of and may be an integral part of the start of the series. He may receive it from someone important in his story, or he may find it as an ancient device.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom