• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Theory: A Link Between Worlds & The Mark of the Demon King

zelda-a-link-between-worlds.png

A lot of people seem to have interpreted the upside-down dark Triforce mark in the A Link Between Worlds logo as representative of the Dark World. I think it's a bit more significant than that. I think it's a direct reference to a certain Demon King... and I think it could indicate how this game will fill the gap between A Link to the Past and the original Legend of Zelda.

Theory Time: A Link Between Worlds & The Mark of the Demon King | GenGAME

Attachments

• zelda-a-link-between-worlds.jpg
    zelda-a-link-between-worlds.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 1

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
To be completely honest, I think it's a direct reference to the Sacred Realm itself. As we know - the Sacred Realm and the Dark World are one of the same.

The Sacred Realm is directly connected with the Triforce and it's known as a mirror, essentially the Realm is married in relation to ones heart. If a person enters with an evil heart then the Realm directly reflects that. This was shown within the alternate ending to Ocarina of Time. Ganon was sealed within the Realm - as well as the Triforce itself. The Sacred Realm mirrored Ganon's true heart and became the Dark World.

The actual Triforce represents the "good" of the Sacred Realm were the Triforce is pure, while the darker Triforce represents the bad of the Sacred Realm - the Dark World. The whole idea that the two are placed in a reflection of sorts is a direct reference to the fact that the Sacred Realm is a mirror. Since this game is called A Link Between Worlds it is basically referring to the Dark World were the Triforce may be in the hands of evil and the Light World were the Triforce could be at rest.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
The article you linked does make a lot of good points, especially considering the concept of the "anti-master sword" being so recent, you would think it would be a lil early to bring back Demise, However the possibility of a storyline connecting the two (Demise and Ganon), does seem appealing to me!

c00lguy is probably right, in that the dark triforce is just a representation of the dark world itself. but peep game! what if Link were considered Human for once, and does not have a completely Pure heart! i mean, how could one with a pure heart mindlessly slaughter monsters systematically till finally reaching and assassinating a Demon King! Who was simply another person the whole time you are pursuing him, its not till some event that Ganon even becomes a Monster, for those who say fighting against evil by slaughtering "Monsters" is not an act of some hint of evil in ones heart!

One must think evil, to defeat it, as evil does not fight fair!

I dont know if ive mentioned it before, but what if.... BIG WHAT IF, in defeating Ganon in the Dark World, returning it to its natural form as the Sacred Realm/Golden Land, when Link made his wish and if i remember right they took the triforce back to hyrule so the royal family could watch over it. What if through the trials Link went through in the dark world, and the things he had to do to get a peaceful result, being not so peaceful (heres the what if), in returning to Hyrule with the triforce and Ganon Defeated, through the power of the triforce, and the constant presence of evil with a leader or not, Link was cleansed, and the darkness that was once present in his heart, yet necessary to defeat ganon, was left behind in the Golden Land, as a sort of residual essence. Weak at first, but growing to be its own entity in time, rather than just the left over darkness in Links heart.

This would explain how the Golden Land has once again turned into the Dark World. But what form would this Entity take... would it still be Link? I would think so, as some of Links being would still be part of the darkness cleansed from his heart! Im not gonna say it but you know where im going with this! LOL In this world Ganon is dead, and the Golden era has came to be, and with Link being gone all that time in OoX and LA, who was in Hyrule to watch over the portal to the Golden Land, or to maybe check in on the golden land. This residual entity has had plenty of time to grow stronger and gain Intelligence it may have lacked in the beginning , and its evil and hatred could most likely come from the confusion of its very existence! In the end seeking revenge on the one it was created by....Link.

While Link would not know about this entity, the entity would know about Link, due to its being created by Link, you would think it would still have some of Links Memories, and with "it" siding with darkness as that is what created the being he would remember "himself" Slaying Ganon, Know of Ganon, and maybe in the end try to revive him as he would believe Link got lucky the first time! Im gonna stop before i get carried away.... im already facing a bunch of "tl;dr's"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom