• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda The Zelda Fandom

If you love something, you love it. It doesn't matter in what way you choose to show it, and I don't like the distinction between fans.

I agree 100%. I myself have a nice Zelda collection and have being playing/beating Zelda games since I was a young lad. But you can't judge someone on how much they love Zelda upon how many games or items they have. I am sure some people out there might have only ever played one or two Zelda games and love it just as much as you or I do. Like you said if you love something you love it. Plain and simple.

Posers gonna pose and haters gonna hate :P

Cheers :)

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I'd identify myself as a "Hylian."

However, such a name wouldn't have any ring outside of the fandom. I mean, how is someone who thinks the main character is a boy named "Zelda" going to respond to people talking of "Hylians?" .... I rather like the "Zeldorks" name that people have come up with. It sounds more derogatory, but easier for the non-fan to understand. However, if people have enough passing knowledge of the fandom to get the "Hylian" reference, I'd rather be a "Hylian."

Fig

The Altruist
I think the Zelda fandom is a unique one in which we don't need a name to classify ourselves with. Even with concept names such as "Links" or "Hylians", it really doesn't make sense as there are games that don't really have the land of Hyrule as the basis of the overworld such as Majora's Mask or Skyward Sword.

There are two kinds of fans of Zelda-

1. People who where Zelda shirts and necklaces but little to know connection to the games

2. People who have the Zelda games and are on sites like Zelda Dungeon. Also, a Skyward Sword Wii Mote is an automatic sign of a hardcore fan in my book, I don't have a name for us, but we are, at the very least, hardcore fans.

Idk, we could call ourselves Zeldites or something?

Not necessarily true, for there are people who may not have all of the games or merchandise in the Zelda franchise, but their knowledge in the series is what should be d Not everyone is going to have the same opinions of every game in the series. Some people may consider a certain the best in the series, while others might believe that is actually the worst. This can be applied towards the many concepts that makes the franchise for what it is such as plot, characters, game mechanics, theories, etc. It's for that reason that specific names to name people within the franchise wouldn't work as the term may not be relevant to what they like. It's also for that same reason why I believe that the Zelda franchise doesn't need a name for their fans and people who enjoy Zelda. That's what we are at the core, Zelda fans, and that's one of the greatest titles that any fan could have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom