• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Ys series

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I don't suppose there are many here who have really heard much of this series, let alone played it. Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana came to the switch some time ago and it's seriously one of the best action rpgs I've ever played. The switch version does have a few framerate hiccups I will admit, but it's still very much worth it otherwise.
Also would like to mention that this isn't my first Ys game either, I've played 1 & 2 Chronicles and Oath in Felghana on the PSP before. And I do own Ark of Napishtim but haven't had the time to playthrough it, which is something I'll for sure do after I'm done w/ VIII. So are any of you familiar w/ Ys VIII or the series in general?

I'm in the same boat as Azure; never heard of it prior to Ys 8. Though I do love turn based RPGs.

Reminds me a bit of Shining: Resonance Refrain, which is pretty neat. More JRPG's are always welcome; i'll pick up both.

Last edited:
It surprises me to see people who have not heard of this franchise. I've played a couple of Ys games and not liked any of them but I still thought it was at least heard of in most circles.

I honestly never heard of it until the Switch release. I'm actually playing it as I type this and it's been a blast. 9/10 recommendation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom