• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild The voice...

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Zelda. Maybe a companion. Maybe both if they're one and the same.

Or it could be some driving force behind the adventure, which is usually Zelda. Although it could be something like Nayru or Hylia.

If it is Zelda I gotta say... Mmmm M! Dat voice. I've never bothered to put a voice to Zelda but I gotta hand it to Ninty, if I had I'd imagine this is *just* what she'd sound like. Also dat voice <3 Mmm M! Way to not completely cock it up this time *slowclap*

I *really* hope Zelda takes a more active roll this time instead of relegating herself to being the passive doormat that she is.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
I'm thinking maybe it could be the Goddess Hylia herself. That would be an interesting turn of events. Things seem to be pretty desperate this time around so maybe the Goddess is getting involved more directly for the first time. I can't imagine it would be Zelda and I don't think that Zelda would be Hylia's reincarnation in this game like in Skyward Sword.

All members of the royal family are decedents of Hylia's original reincarnation. So all Zeldas share her essence therefore if Hylia were to return she would almost certainly be and/or replace Princess Zelda.

Feverish

Source of stink
I really think the voice is Zelda but what if it was something cool like Link's mom, like his parents didn't die in this game like all the others. I'd like that a lot but I doubt it would happen

Id assume it'd be Zelda since we're asked if we recognize the voice...

But, if we're all to assume it actually is Zelda, then it probably isn't.

If it isn't Zelda it then becomes difficult to pinpoint who it could be. We don't know where this game is in the timeline yet, we don't know which recent history this game is linking to (if its even linking to another game at all). So if we were to know its placement in the timeline we could then start narrowing down the possibilities.

But since we don't here are my educated guesses;

Zelda (duh); She has strong connections to the Sheikah, She is a goddess reborn so telepathy and the power to cross realms of existence wouldn't be wholly beyond her.

Impa; Chiefly because Impa is 'the' Sheikah. Perhaps Zelda is trapped in Hyrule Castle with Calamity Ganon and Impa is reaching out to Link as a final attempt at rescue. Hell, Impa probably had the Shrine of Resurrection built just for this kind of occurrence. (Good call, girl)

Aryll; My personal favourite theory. Since I still think that BotW has a damn good chance of being Valley of the Flood (at least in essence, if not by name) I still think that Aryll could turn up. Plenty of other characters dot the timeline, and Aryll is yet to come back post/pre wind waker. so if BotW is around the WW arc then I think its possible that Aryll could be the voice that Link is hearing. There's nothing to stop a future incarnation of Aryll being a member of the Sheikah. so I'd like to hold on to this theory, as unlikely as it is, I think it still has merit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom