• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Unofficially Official E3 2014 Discussion/Hype Thread

With only a month to go till E3 2014 (as of posting this), it is hard for a gamer not to get at least a little bit excited that Gamer Christmas is just around the corner. With that being said, I think it's time for us to get this hype train going! This thread will be dedicated to anything and everything pertaining to E3. Are you excited for E3? What games are you most excited for this year? Have you heard any rumors about what will be shown? Do you have a favorite E3 memory? What snacks do you eat during E3? Will you be able to watch E3 live this year? etc... etc...

Everything will go down starting June 9 at 9:30am PT/12:30pm ET with Microsoft's Media Briefing followed by EA's at 12pm PT/3pm ET. Later in the day we will have Ubisoft's games showcase at 3pm PT/6pm ET and to wrap of the day, Sony's press conference will be at 6pm PT/9pm ET. This next day, Nintendo will have their digital event at 9am PT/12pm ET and the convention itself will begin at 12pm PT/3pm ET and will go on until June 12 at 5pm PT/8pm ET.

Last year was all about introducing launch-window titles for next-gen consoles, and since both consoles are out now, this year will hopefully be all about finally showing off those true next-gen experiences. Some games that we know that we'll be seeing more of include Halo 5, Uncharted 4, the next Mass Effect, Star Wars Battlefront, Mirror's Edge 2, The Order: 1886, Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts 3, The Division, and (which I'm sure most of you are quite excited for) Zelda Wii U. In addition to all that, Nintendo will be hosting a Smash Bros. Tournament which will invite 16 of the best Smash players in the world to duke it out one-on-one. Overall, this is shaping up to be one of the best E3s in years. Last year was amazing, but I think this year will have the potential to surpass even that. Let's see if we keep this thread going all the way through E3!
E32.jpg

Attachments

• E3.jpg
    E3.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 3
  • E32.jpg
    E32.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 4

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I'm super excited for this year's E3. All the hardware is out, so it's just all about the games! Woo! Lots of games I can't wait to see/hear more of like Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break, to name but a few, and I'm expecting brand new franchises from everyone too. Even Nintendo! Might be setting myself up for disappointment, but, I kind of doubt it with the stuff that's pretty much confirmed to be there.

Fig

The Altruist
As a gamer, I am excited for E3 as this showcase is practically what shows us what to expect from our favorite consoles and companies. Even though I may not have all the current gaming consoles, I always get interested by what the multitude companies and third party developers have in store for us gamers throughout the rest of the year. I always look forward every E3 simply because it's like an early Christmas and brings hype within the gaming community. As a Nintendo fan, I am very excited to what has in store for us with their future plans and games that they will be releasing throughout the rest of the year. We all know Nintendo is going through a huge financial loss and while I still have a huge amount of faith in them, I really believe that Nintendo has to do phenomenal in this year's E3 for they really are in a "make it or break it" predicament. I still have my faith in Nintendo as while it may not seem like they can come out of their situations, they eventually do. Seeing that Nintendo has already stated what they plan to do this upcoming E3 and even partnered up with Mega 64 to make their E3 video, it tells me that they really are putting more effort into making sure that they receive a lot of publicity for their games that they have in store for us.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Im looking forward to everything E3 this year, its been a while since ive been excited about a game. Not only will we finally get a glimpse of the next Zelda, But im looking forward to everything else ESPECIALLY a release date for Might No.9. I cant wait for that game. If we cant get anymore Mega Man games then i need to know when Mighty is coming out. cuz im freakin ready!

Im also hoping to see an extended look at what the next Halo will be, even though i wont be able to purchase it as i refuse to let one of the Xbox Ones in my house. (call me crazy but i think its a spy machine) I dont know what to expect from the PS4 just cuz i dont have the money to get one.

Eitherway im just hoping to see Nintendo come out and say "hey look at all this stuff.... HAHA and you doubted the Wii U." That system has Tons of potential!

Fig

The Altruist
I already have my Nintendo E3 Bingo card ready! :D
tumblr_n5ukvblETa1r9s07oo1_500.png

Dan

I learned last year that being on ZD while E3 updates is the best thing ever, rather than discussing the events we get to hear the communities hilarious take on everything, newbies you are going to love ZD when E3 updates roll in. :)

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I learned last year that being on ZD while E3 updates is the best thing ever, rather than discussing the events we get to hear the communities hilarious take on everything, newbies you are going to love ZD when E3 updates roll in. :)

Yeah you don't even need to watch the livestreams as people give running commentaries on every passing moment...

Wii U Music. Announce it, Ninty, and bring him back to us.
I hope we get another Microsoft E3 masterclass!

KillerInstinct2.png

Fig

The Altruist
I truly believe that this year's E3 is going to be the best one since 2011 in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, 2012 and 2013 were very good years but in retrospect, I was expecting a lot more traffic and discussions throughout the entire gaming community as a whole. In fact, the entire gaming industry is not doing well than it should be doing. As much as I really want Nintendo to dominate this upcoming year, I also want Microsoft and Sony to also receive their numbers in sales go up because the gaming market as a whole isn't doing so well and I believe all three top companies can turn that around at this year's E3 and just really focus on what to expect for the rest of the year with what they will be announcing during E3.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I hope we get another Microsoft E3 masterclass!

KillerInstinct2.png

It's pretty much a rule, every E3 one of the major companies will do something insanely cringe-worthy at their conference. I wonder who'll do it this time! :P MS gave us a lot of them with Kinect.

ssdance.gif

I buy 1 game from the winner.

It's pretty much a rule, every E3 one of the major companies will do something insanely cringe-worthy at their conference. I wonder who'll do it this time! :P MS gave us a lot of them with Kinect.

In 2008 it was Wii Music, in 2009, it was the vitality sensor (haven't heard a peep about it since), in 2010 it was EVERYTHING KINECT-RELATED, in 2011 it was Kinect again (I honestly think that Microsoft's 2011 conference is worse than their 2010 one), in 2012 it was the Wonder Book, and in 2013 it was the Battlefield 4/Crimson Dragon/Assassin's Creed 4 technical errors (I just really hate to see people embarrass themselves).

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
[video=youtube;w0YvHBxv-3Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0YvHBxv-3Y[/video]

yesplz

Too many good games being announced/leaked in the run-up to E3, let alone at the actual show itself. Hype engaged!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom