• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The TwilightKing Timeline

TwilightKing

Stay Frosting!
-------------/TWW/PH-ST-LoZ/AoL
SS-TMC-FS-OoT
-------------\/MM-TP-FSA-LttP/OoX/LA

To start this off I made it possible that in this timeline there is only Gannondorf(guerdo)and Gannon(blue pig)on each side of the timeline.

SS
I believe SS goes first because it describes the establishment of Hyrule and the Master Sword.
TMC
Second is TMC because it is a prequel to FS which has been quoted as the first game.
FS
Third is FS because It has been quoted that it is "the oldest tale".
OoT
Next is OoT because it splits the timeline when Link first pulls the Master Sword out of its pedestal. This also describes the creation of Gannondorf and he is sealed in the Sacred Realm in the AT. On the CT Link is sent back in time and he warns Zelda of Gannondorf who is then banished.
TWW-PH AT
Starting off the AT I placed TWW next because this has to be a sequel to OoT. This is because the intro is obviously the adult ending to OoT. The Hero of Time(OoT link)is described to seal away Gannondorf and then disappear(this is because Zelda sent him back in time and also to the CT. Then the Seven Sages seal fails then at the end of this game Gannondorf is killed on this side of the timeline. The direct sequel PH uses the same Link and has no significant importance.
ST AT
Next is ST I placed this next because Niko, the last of Tetra's crew is still alive. This is implying that this is the new Hyrule that Link and Tetra founded.
LoZ-AoL AT
Next are LoZ and AoL and they are more likely to go on the AT because they towns in AoL are named after the sages who are still alive in the CT but aren’t awakened in the CT. The Triforce probably returned to new Hyrule and the spirit tracks were probably destroyed when Gannon took power. Then the events of LoZ and AoL take place. These games introduce Gannon who is then killed at the end of LoZ. Then the direct sequel AoL takes place.
MM CT
Starting off the CT is the direct sequel for the child ending MM.
TP CT
This game continues the story of Gannondorf, exept this time on the CT. Gannondorf regains power after being bannished. At the end of this game Gannondorf is killed and the Triforce of Power apears to leave him. The Master Sword is then returned to the Lost Woods.
FSA CT
This game was tricky to place but here is my reasoning. This game cannot be placed on the AT because The Four Sword is lost in old Hyrule during the great flood. It has been confirmed that this game does not have to be a direct sequel to FS. Being that the GBA version of LttP had the Palace of the four Sword with a broken Four Sword in it this game cannot go before LttP and it cannot go before TP because Gannondorf is still alive then and this game features Gannon, it would be unlikely that both can exist at the same time. I belive this game marks Gannon's rise to power. At the end of this game Gannon is sealed into the Four Sword.
LttP-OoA/S-LA CT
Next is LttP mostly because of the placement of the Master Sword in the Lost Woods. My theory for this is that the Triforce of Power returned to the Sacred Realm. then the seal on Gannon in the Four Sword failed and Gannon went after the Triforce. He then recovered the Triforce of Power it but with all the power he corrupted the Sacred Realm into the Dark Realm then was trapped. At the end of this game Gannon is killed. In LA link fights a nightmare version of Agahnim this means he had to of been the same link from LttP because he had to have seen him earlier and the only game he was in was LttP. At the beginning of LA Link is seen on a boat similar to the boat Link sails away in at the end of the oracle games. I belive that this Link in the Oracle games is the same Link from LttP and LA because this game can basically seal the gap between LttP and LA.

and that concludes my timeline theory please reply.

Last edited:

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
Interesting. Could you provide an explanation of why you put the games in that order? Curious to see your reasoning :)

The placement of FSA seems a bit odd. Vaati is clearly easy to manipulate, and it seems odd that Ganondorf wouldn't take advantage of him sooner.

Hello TwilightKing!

I think that you have an interesting timeline, but there are some reasoning that I don't understand or have a comment on. Would you like to explain these things?

TMC
Second is TMC because at the time of its release the developers quoted it as the first game.

Would you like to show me that quote? I think that the only comments on TMC's placement is that it is before FS.

LoZ-AoL AT
Next are LoZ and AoL and they had to go on the AT because they towns in AoL are named after the sages who aren’t awakened in the CT. The Triforces from the bottom of the sea probably returned to new Hyrule were the events of ST-LoZ-AoL take place.

The people that was the Sages did, however, exist on the CT as well, and we don't know what happened to them, so they could have got towns named after them.
Do you have any evidence to back up the theory that the Triforce returned to "New Hyrule" (we actually don't know where it went after WW).

What do you think of the quotes that say that LoZ and AoL are sequels to AlttP and about the similarities in geograpgy between the three games, and, for example, the absence of the Spirit Tracks in LoZ and AoL?

About OoX so was Ganons's ressurrection failed, so he needs to come back in some way in order for him to be present in FSA.

Have you considered the fact that the GBA remake of AlttP contained the "Palace of the Four Sword" where a broken Four Sword existed?

Also, Aonuma only said that he thought of FS as the oldest tale, but he later said that he wasn't involved in the story of that game.

I think that your timeline has good potential, and I wish you good luck!

/Blue Window

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom