• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Tetraforce Exists... In Termina

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I think I'll put these here:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...itter.com&utm_campaign=buffer&PostPageIndex=1

http://nintendoeverything.com/aonuma-talks-majoras-mask-majora-and-termina-name-origins-lots-more/

Here, Aonuma states that Termina is actually supposed to be a place that is nearby Hyrule. It just feels like another dimension cause it has connections to different worlds. That, and mostly because the Termina we see in MM does actually exist in alternate reality, most likely, a future parallel to WW's timeframe and TP's timeframe. But that doesn't mean it's Hyrule, cause it's not. Aonuma confirmed so.

Here, Aonuma further confirms that Termina is just a nearby country/kingdom/nation nearby Hyrule where people come and go. Heck, we even see Link the goron in MM. It's unknown whether he's the same Link the goron from OoT or a descendant of his. And the fact that he clearly seen coming from the east and not the North further confirms this. That said, that also confirms where Termina is, that it's west of Hyrule (where Link the goron is obviously coming from in MM).

I'll explain more later. Right now, I'm tired.

I thought we were talking about the tetraforce though and how it might exhist in Termina - not whether or not Termina itself is a different dimension or just a nearby land.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Another point is that if there was to be a a forth piece then Nintendo would have to rewrite the entire history if the series and completely retcon in an origin story that wouldn't make any sense.

Four Goddesses descended into the void that was Hyrule... what we said about there being three was bull, there were four. Little bitty detail we missed, sorry.

I wouldn't want to hear that crap.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
I thought we were talking about the tetraforce though and how it might exhist in Termina - not whether or not Termina itself is a different dimension or just a nearby land.

What just said explains why the Tetraforce can't exist in Termina since I have proven it's actually just another country that feels like another world, especially in MM where Link traverses into a different Termina then the one in his timeframe, likely, like I said, an alternate future Termina.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
What just said explains why the Tetraforce can't exist in Termina since I have proven it's actually just another country that feels like another world, especially in MM where Link traverses into a different Termina then the one in his timeframe, likely, like I said, an alternate future Termina.
You haven't quite proven. You've argued for it, but not proven.

VitaTempusN92

You haven't quite proven. You've argued for it, but not proven.

I have pretty proven it.

I think I'll put these here:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...itter.com&utm_campaign=buffer&PostPageIndex=1

http://nintendoeverything.com/aonuma-talks-majoras-mask-majora-and-termina-name-origins-lots-more/

Here, Aonuma states that Termina is actually supposed to be a place that is nearby Hyrule. It just feels like another dimension cause it has connections to different worlds. That, and mostly because the Termina we see in MM does actually exist in alternate reality, most likely, a future parallel to WW's timeframe and TP's timeframe. But that doesn't mean it's Hyrule, cause it's not. Aonuma confirmed so.

Here, Aonuma further confirms that Termina is just a nearby country/kingdom/nation nearby Hyrule where people come and go. Heck, we even see Link the goron in MM. It's unknown whether he's the same Link the goron from OoT or a descendant of his. And the fact that he clearly seen coming from the east and not the North further confirms this. That said, that also confirms where Termina is, that it's west of Hyrule (where Link the goron is obviously coming from in MM).

I'll explain more later. Right now, I'm tired.

I have stress Link the goron's presence in MM pretty much proves Termina is just another country alongside Hyrule. Why would another country in the SAME world as Hyrule have it's own Triforce/Tetraforce? Also, if you've played in the Stone Tower in the N64 version, you can see Hyrule's Triforce symbol on the pillars and blocks. In the 3DS version, the Triforce symbols were moved to the Moon world playground areas, specifically as I noticed, the goron one. This shows that Termina and Hyrule share the same Triforce, as the same goes for Holodrum and Labrynna from OoX.

Now is this proven enough for you? Or do I have to show you?

Reactions: Dio

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
So all you've proved is that there is a possibility of the triforce being part of Termina.... remind me wasn't this thread arguing for yet another validation for the Tetraforce's existence.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I have pretty proven it.

I have stress Link the goron's presence in MM pretty much proves Termina is just another country alongside Hyrule. Why would another country in the SAME world as Hyrule have it's own Triforce/Tetraforce? Also, if you've played in the Stone Tower in the N64 version, you can see Hyrule's Triforce symbol on the pillars and blocks. In the 3DS version, the Triforce symbols were moved to the Moon world playground areas, specifically as I noticed, the goron one. This shows that Termina and Hyrule share the same Triforce, as the same goes for Holodrum and Labrynna from OoX.

Now is this proven enough for you? Or do I have to show you?
Does that mean that Ingo is one of the Gorman brothers, or that Guru Guru joined a circus?
Also, on the off chance that it's the same one, may I remind you that Link the Hylian got there too. Therefore, it's conceivable that a Goron could travel to Termina no matter where it is.

VitaTempusN92

Does that mean that Ingo is one of the Gorman brothers, or that Guru Guru joined a circus?
Also, on the off chance that it's the same one, may I remind you that Link the Hylian got there too. Therefore, it's conceivable that a Goron could travel to Termina no matter where it is.

1) I think you might've missed when said the following:

That said, it makes sense that the Gorman Brothers and other characters from MM are likely descended from characters from OoT.

2) True but unlike Link the hylian, Link the goron actually traveled by physical movement. And Link the Goron is seen coming from the east, so that means Hyrule is in the east of Termina. Which it also makes sense geographically if you like at both Hyrule's map and Termina's map.

So all you've proved is that there is a possibility of the triforce being part of Termina.... remind me wasn't this thread arguing for yet another validation for the Tetraforce's existence.

This is! All I said and pointed out not only proves that Termina and Hyrule share the same Triforce but also proves that Tetraforce doesn't exist (both namesake wise and shape/sides wise).

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava

That said, it makes sense that the Gorman Brothers and other characters from MM are likely descended from characters from OoT.

2) True but unlike Link the hylian, Link the goron actually traveled by physical movement. And Link the Goron is seen coming from the east, so that means Hyrule is in the east of Termina. Which it also makes sense geographically if you like at both Hyrule's map and Termina's map.

This is! All I said and pointed out not only proves that Termina and Hyrule share the same Triforce but also proves that Tetraforce doesn't exist (both namesake wise and shape/sides wise).

Heh so used to people arguing for that damn tetraforce that i never notice when people are arguing against it. THE AGE OF LOGIC SHALL RAIN DOWN UPON US ALL

DekuNut

I play my drum for you

How long would you say Gorons live then? Because with your arguments we would have Link the Goron and descendants of Ingo in the same timeframe.

There could be more than one way to get to an alternate reality. I doubt that the Lost Woods are the only way through.

VitaTempusN92

How long would you say Gorons live then? Because with your arguments we would have Link the Goron and descendants of Ingo in the same timeframe.

I believe gorons can live for hundreds of years. They are made of rocks after all. Also, I believe the Link the goron from MM is actually a descendant of Link the goron from OoT seeing he's young in that game.

There could be more than one way to get to an alternate reality. I doubt that the Lost Woods are the only way through.

Again, true, but I doubt Link the Goron the second/third/fourth/whatever went through a time portal like Link did. He obviously traveled the normal way. How many times do I have to explain for you to understand?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I believe gorons can live for hundreds of years. They are made of rocks after all. Also, I believe the Link the goron from MM is actually a descendant of Link the goron from OoT seeing he's young in that game.
All right. That makes sense.

Again, true, but I doubt Link the Goron the second/third/fourth/whatever went through a time portal like Link did. He obviously traveled the normal way. How many times do I have to explain for you to understand?
Only once. After all, this isn't explaining the same thing again. This is new information after all.

Also, now I'd like to talk about your second, "Terminal" quote.
He never used it to confirm that it's near Hyrule. He used it to explain that some people, like both Links, the HMS, and more, come and go. You're adding interpretation that may have been caused by your personal beliefs on the subject.

It seems that you're not getting anywhere with your arguments on me, and I'm not on you. So it's time to bring my new arguments instead of just refuting yours.
While I'm not home right now, and so can't quote it directly, HH states it to be a parallel dimension, as does the Majora's Mask game box itself. The question is, which do you believe most: the director of the game speaking 15 years after release, or the overarching canon "bible" and game materials?

VitaTempusN92

Only once. After all, this isn't explaining the same thing again. This is new information after all.

Also, now I'd like to talk about your second, "Terminal" quote.
He never used it to confirm that it's near Hyrule. He used it to explain that some people, like both Links, the HMS, and more, come and go. You're adding interpretation that may have been caused by your personal beliefs on the subject.

It seems that you're not getting anywhere with your arguments on me, and I'm not on you. So it's time to bring my new arguments instead of just refuting yours.
While I'm not home right now, and so can't quote it directly, HH states it to be a parallel dimension, as does the Majora's Mask game box itself. The question is, which do you believe most: the director of the game speaking 15 years after release, or the overarching canon "bible" and game materials?

1) Yes he did.

Aonuma: You know we described it as being a nearby land, but in feel, it’s almost like another dimension.

He said that with both Hyrule and Termina in mind.

2) I believe what they meant by "parallel dimension", they meant the world itself, not just Termina. Yes maybe, originally they wanted Termina to parallel to Hyrule, but then Lorule happened. So I guess the canon kinda changed because of Lorule? Even though in the past, I always thought the idea of Termina being a parallel world was stupid to begin with anyways. I always felt like it was more of just another country (generally speaking). And since there can't be two sides of one coin, Lorule is Hyrule's one and only parallel world.

Anyways, I've shown enough proof for now and that's not enough for you to understand my point, then so be it, believe what you want, but you should at least respect my theory, belief, and opinion and let me believe what I want.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I do respect your theory. I'm just providing reasons that I don't think it's true.
However, I agree with what you're getting at. People can look through this argument and decide for themselves, but let's end it while it's still civil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom