• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Shadow of A Feeling

Daku Rinku

Adventurer
ZD Champion
IMG_4741.png

“I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.” -Pablo Neruda, 100 Love Sonnets

————————————————

Written by Daku Link

When she mistook me for her love, I was taken like a branch over a brook, the sheer thrill of her look made me shake like a bustling souk.

Her face was painted with purity, her eyes swam with a tranquility I have never known.

I am Shadow caste by Him that makes her gasp. A poor imitation, with dark intimation. She believes I am the genuine oracle, when reality I am barnacle, a twisted vessel that has made landfall at this lovely waterfall.

My self esteem is as evaporating steam, she winks at me which sinks me. Could I tell her the truth, that I am echo of the man she knew? To wake from this dream would be unsettling, for it is the first time I have felt alive….

Dark Link worked at the haystack with the two prong fork. His heart raced as the traces of her gaze remained. The Farm was an oasis after an eternity of rushing waves, here he found peace he had not hoped for. A Shadow made by nefarious means, would he not taint this place? Would flames not come ans immolate all that he now treasured? How long could he hide from the Dark Master? He tried no to answer, choosing rather to be lost in this dream.

Malon brought a bucket of cucco feed and smiled as she went to spread it with her soft hands. Everything about her perfection, the way she pivoted on her bars feet, the sway of her pink train, and when she combed back her long ginger hair, his heart nearly gave way and yet he said nothing.

Taking a fork of hay he laid the tan straw before the prized stead who neighed. Epona knew better, she snorted and brayed when he drew near, aware he was not the One Malon loved. She kicked the carol with a gentle violence as he came by, no matter how he tried, the horse would not abide his dark stride.

Last edited:

Daku Rinku

Adventurer
ZD Champion
The sun began to set as he was beset with the shadow of a feeling, Malon carries bottles of Milk the clear glass filled with liquid as white as silk. Her smile made him riled a deep desire, and yet he knew it was in vain to entertain a passion for such a thing.

Dark Link headed out to a fence line, his mind splintered as the wood that withered. Looking to his hand he heard the song of soothing that sounded like doves cooing. He saw Malon sing to her stead, the notes denoting a feeling that made him seek a place to lean against and listen to symphony that she wrote with her tone.

Daku Rinku

Adventurer
ZD Champion
Dark Link was lost in thought when he heard a troth fall over and spill water. The Genuine Oracle arrived with tattered tunic and milk painted on his lips, a miracle that he was standing as his body was bruised beyond all demanding.

The Arrival of his Light Self made the banishment inevitable. Dark Link step away to the stables, himself unstable as his heart broke like forgotten fables. He picked up his pouch and sack, keeping track of all his items as he made his way to open field, his spirit ready to yield to shadow world.

There beneath the moon, he shed tears which floated as a gateway of shadow opened ahead, a boon shed to him by a figure who stood on the other side. Dark Link raised his head and saw the terrain was changed, his heart in great pain.

Standing above his path was a great temple, a Princess most nimble stood watching him behave most simple:

IMG_4744.jpeg

Daku Rinku

Adventurer
ZD Champion
Dark Link walked the charcoal path, he was beset upon by Phantoms with glowing dreads who wished him dead. Drawing his blade he bid them behave, with thrust he turned each to dust, the victory hushed as more rose up.

The Shadowmen drew whips of red, as if taken from their dreads, they snapped them at his head, his shield rang as the tips met it like a net. Charging these legions, Dark Link gave them reasons to bereave him. The black flow of their blood fell in great drops, no bones to crush, no bodied to bury, they faded away in a hurry.

Dark Link breathing heavily felt himself lose gravity. Taken to the top of the temple, he was alarmed on principle. There his eyes did meet, a sight so great.. a Woman most bleak and yet smiling to a beat.

“The gods do answer my mournful banter, it seems you have been sent to comfort it.”

Dark Link raised a brow, he hsd just been with cows and now a Dark Lady in a cowl spoke to him as if he was an answer to prayer.

“Who might you be, your majesty?”

Midna beamed as she stepped with bare feet, her gray cheeks wrinkling with glee.

“I am The Twilight Princess, your counterpart served me, as you shall be.”

Dark Link titled his head as he took it all in, a beauty she was, though muted by sorrow.

“I think there is a mistake, I did not arrange this fealty, I am fresh from farm realty.”

She laughed,
“Your candor makes you a Salamander.”

Now utterly baffled, he asked for her to explain her rattle.

“Salamander? What in a Zweilander does that mean Milady?”

Midna came close and placed her hand on his shoulder.

“It means you have regenerative powers.. like budding flowers that die at night and rise in the day.”

Daku Rinku

Adventurer
ZD Champion
Dark Link blinked his blood eyes, which matched hers, a curiosity that a sign of monstrosity in Hyrule was something they shared.

“I have called you here to repair what is shattered, your heart has spread across the Shadowland and if you do not act you shall find no mend.”

The Echo of the Hero sighed, this Twilight had taken the fight out of him, he was resigned to have last rites.

“I was once as you are now. I told one who loved me.. ‘Light And Shadow Can't Mix..’ (Twilight Princess). I shattered the mirror of our meeting to spare him of an existence that would lead to bitterness.. that time would prove his undoing. Then you appeared.. a shadow of Him.. and I began to wonder.. had the Twilight created the answer? Had he from the depths of desire called you from the dark to take his place as my knight.. and perhaps.. more..”

Dark Link’s pale cheeks blushed, was she intending to flush him with such intentions? The fairer sex bewildered him, particularly that they did not play fair in love and war, which made him question the monniker.

“Uh.. your Highness, we just met and I am flattered.. but as you have shared my heart is in tatters.”

The Twilight Princess gave a hearty laugh, it was pleasant and at the same time somewhat reticent.

“Of course Darkling, you have the shards of your own heart to recover. I will aid you with my power.. and journey with you across Twilight!”

She raised he soft hand to command a swirl of magick that was jade and teal. A stone like crown fell on his head, it was heavy and made him topple, Midna could barely contain her amusement at the rubble.

“Ha! That was worth the conjuring.. to see you adorned in my old helm. Arise Knight of Twilight! Go forth and mend thine heart and along the way as we pick up the pieces.. we can become more aquatinted.”

Dark Link rose up and held the stone helm up and accepted his new station in the realm. A chariot came of black ebony and wheels of teal that glowed, she standing on it she threw a rein and bid Dark Link pulled her train.

Looking at her he sensed he had come to a fate worse than death, it would be better if she had transformed him into something, a wolf perhaps…

Last edited:

Daku Rinku

Adventurer
ZD Champion
Dark Link pulled her chariot with the black chains she called reins, he would have not sustained the humiliation if she was not royalty. Besides she seemed to know where the shards of his heart were located, and it was as he came to cave she raised her hand in a wave.

“The first piece is therein, come Darkling, I enjoy a good cave.”

Dark Link felt the strain, he bent over and tried to refrain from panting when he heard her sing.

“Come hither my knight in black armor.”

The Dark Cavern was as appealing as an unkept tavern. He saw a pool that sparkled with gray light and Midna beaming with amusement. She pointed her pale gray finger,
“There.. the piece of your broken heart is there.”

Dark Link walked with the heavy stone helm, his boots stirring the pool, he felt like a fool. Taking off the stone crown he caste it down, and dove into depths, where gray gave way to shadow as he saw something shine and when his finger touched it he found himself in a room of mirrors, each was riven with fissures that expanded like webs. He looked into the reflection, seeing no conviction, only restriction. He heard Malon’s song, it rose like a throng and made hin long for Lon Lon. Then he saw The Green Clade Link, which made the mirrors break that contained the image of his love, Dark Link placed his glove on the last plane of her singing before it shattered and he felt his inner matter spatter. New panels of the mirror glass appeared and he saw The Lass of Twilight, her long fire hair and perpetual smile, she spoke,
“To love what cannot be is to love a dream.. for when you wake it is gone like a snowflake, and you risk nothing while feeling everything.”

Dark Link lowered his gaze, and found himself washed up on the shoreline of the cave and in the arms of The Mistress,
“Rest awhile Darkling, you drank a great deal of pain..”

Last edited:

Daku Rinku

Adventurer
ZD Champion
Dark Link and Midna left the cave where he stood on a path, some Twili were walking by with sad faces. Turning to The Twilight Princess he made a grime face, she walking over to his place.
“My people have suffered long in exile.. we have made a life here, though Zant’s rebellion caused great divisions. I am afraid you have come to a realm without happy endings, here there is much suffering and we carry on as long as the sun still sets.”

Dark Link’s blood eyes blinked, his heart did sink at the sight of so many on the brink of despair. Why he cared must be a imprint from the One Who Casts The Shadow, The Hero who now was safely in the meadow of Lon Lon.

Midna forced a smile, “I see a great deal of him in you.. and yet.. your soul is rife with shadow.. it reminds me of Zant.. of Ganon.”

Dark Link broke the silence,
“That is because I am his creation.. Ganon made me for a single purpose.. to destroy your Hero..”

Midna tilted her head and lifted her hand with fingers to rest her chin on it.
“A shallow purpose is destruction.. it is simple to tear down, much harder to build something up. Tell me Darkling.. when achieved this end, what will become of you then?”

Dark Link lowered his head,
“I already failed my mandate..my purpose.. I carry on in dumb anguish to justify a life that no longer has meaning..”

Midna tapped her fingers on her cheek,
“So you believe.. that since you did not live up to the reason you were formed that your life is devoid of destiny?”

He nodded as he looked at the ground he trodded.

“It seems then the true purpose of your quest in gathering the heart shards is becoming clearer..”

He shrugged his black clade shoulders, his white hair softly blowing in the wind.

“Then come Antihero, and let us discover what meaning can be found when the crown you were born to wear cannot be found.”

As she said that she clapped her turquoise palms and the chariot’s wheels of gold lit up with a grid of matching glowing light.

“Come Darkling, no need to pull the chariot, magic will suffice.”

She stepped up on it in her gown and Dark Link joined her side, twilight was upon them as darkness began to caste itself over the world.

Last edited:

Daku Rinku

Adventurer
ZD Champion
The Chariot made its way up black jaggid mountain passes towards a great castle of shadow:

IMG_0453.jpeg

Dark Link eyed her as they came to brink, the threshold of the ruins pf this great fortress. She stepped out on her bare pale foot and then he black stocking one followed, her dress swaying as the wind blowed. Dark Link followed, all about were monoliths with red eyes, they watched and moved at their motions. They came to the Shadow Castle, and crossed a draw bridge into a great and abandoned courtyard. Hanging up was a crest, dilapidated, and yet familiar to Dark Link.

Stopping at a fountain that had long been dormant, Midna sat and placed her hand with a pat on the stone for him to sit beside her.

“Another shard of your heart is here Darkling.. I should have saved it for last, alas if I withheld the truth from you.. I feared I could not count on you.”

Dark Link looked about the courtyard and saw gargoyles in shape of pigs with spears and armor.

“Do you know where we are?” Her question was haunting in its tone.

Dark Link replied, “No., though it is familiar somehow..”

Midna nodded,
“This fountain was the Pool of Great Sorcery.. the origin place of many dark things..”

His eyes fixed on the crest,
“I know it.. that symbol.. I have seen it.”

Midna nodded,
“The Crest of Ganon..”

Dark Link turned to her, his blood eyes fixed on her forlorn face.

“It is time to tell you two equally terrible truths Antihero.. the first is that this was where you were born.. crafted.. created by the dark powers of your Master.. and the second I kept hidden even from Him.. and the reason I shattered The Mirror of Twilight.. Ganon is from here.. The Twilight Realm.. before Zant and his rebellion.. long before I was born.. He was our King.. and he sought to do a dreadful thing.. he with his great magic tried to transport our world to Hyrule.. to end the long banishment.. and he brought the Wrath of the Goddesses on us.. the Fierce Deities were unleashed on the Twili.. many of our people perished.”

Dark Link looked at her locks of ginger hair and did note that it matched Ganondorf’s locks.

“I thought he was a Gerudo?” Dark Link inquired.

Midna shook her head.
“He is a Twili.. though the dark powers have transformed his appearance.. his skin is green with rot rather than the hue of our people, and his true form is a great monstrous demon with hooves, and a boar head greater than that steeple.”

Dark Link loweree his head.
“Then.. I am a threat to your highness..”

Midna placed her hand on his arm.
“No.. Ganon when he created you took blood of the Hero and dropped it in this fountain. You have inside you the same blood as Link.”

Dark Link looked at her,
“I thought I was merely a pitiful mimic.. a copy.. an echo.”

Midna raised his chin with her hand,
“No.. you have it in you to be a The Hero of Twilight. I called you here for you are not as Link, you are unique, and I believe when Ganon wrought you, he forged his own demise. You see.. he cannot die in The Realm of Light.. every time he is defeated he comes back here and devises a new plan to cover Hyrule in sickness and shadow. It is here he is vulnerable.. capable of being banished forever. You Darkling are the answer.. the hope hewn in the hollows of this world!”

Dark Link stood up and paced,
“This.. is..”

Midna held her hand out and said, “I know.. it is a great deal to proccess..”

Dark Link shook his head.
“I was going to say.. this is absurd! I am not anyone’s answer! I was a weapon created to kill Link, nothing more and nothing less! I have no great destiny!”

As he spoke lightning broke the sky, and two great yellow eyes peered from above the spire. Midna looked up and gasped,
“He is here! Darkling! We must away!”

Dark Link kept at his fuss, when a voice shook and rattled the shingles of roofs that were weather worn and falling apart.

IMG_0521.jpeg

“The Prodigal Son returns.. and The Twilight Princess..welcome to Castile Ganon”

Ganon slunk down in his great elongated frame, his two great tusks like great blades. He then rose up to tower over them. Dark Link looked at The Master and shook all over, his mouth a gap.

Midna addressed Ganon,
“Lord Ganon.. I have brought him home to know the truth.”

Ganon growled,
“King.. I am your King.. Midna, have you wondered my Son why she is simply Princess of Twilight? My rule has never ended.. Zant.. my dutiful servant was reclaiming what is mine while I was away..”

Midna stood and poised her hands,
“I was chosen by our people as Successor.. you had long neglected this realm my Lord.”

Ganon drew his great Boar Head closer to her, the blades like logs of trees with Midna between.

“I go to where we belong.. what was taken from us! I have the Triforce of Power which protects this realm from utter ruin!”

His forehead shined with tT Triquetra, one of triangles glowing.

Midna boldly said,
“This is our home.. you never accepted that. Your quest for power and foreign adventures has left our people with nothing save pain and poverty!”

Ganon growled loudly making Midna turn aside,
“Enough! I will not be lectured by you! I am the King of Shadows! I will ascend to The Sacred Realm! I will sit on the thrones of The Golden Goddesses! I will..”

Midna finished, “Be chained in the Void for a thousand years!”

Ganon’s glowing eyes fixed on her,
“That Prophecy has not come to pass in eons! The Hylians have forgotten it and the Old Religion.”

Midna smirked,
“Important things take time..”

Ganon chuckled,
“You are an annoyance to me.. perhaps it is time to rid myself of your company once and for all!”

Dark Link leapt in front of her with draw sword and shield,
“Noooo! Stay back!”

Ganon chuckled,
“Brave of you Son.. do you not see she is manipulating you as she did Link.. she wants my throne and if.. I say if she should prevail in her intentions.. you will be caste aside as he..”

Dark Link cut at the tusk which made the blade clang as it bounced off.

“The Son turns on the Father.. perhaps you see her as a Mother.. or something else., haha.. her charms have done their work.. I suggest you come facd me when you have seen sense or are worthy to challenge me..”

He raised his head up as Dark Link swung his blade back and forth, a heart shard dropping before him. The Darkling took it when Ganon seinging his tusk cut off the steeple and roynd keep that began to fall in blocks with the roof down on them.

Midna grabbed Dark Link from behind and teleported, they appearing on hill overlooking the castle as the rubble settler and a great cloud rose.

Dark Link turned to Midna wheo smiled,
“You have valor Darkling, your zeal to defend me impressed me. Though the Dark King speaks the truth.. you are not ready to face him. You must collect the rest of Heart Shards, and take hold of the Triforce of Courage.”

Dark Link looked at her,
“That belongs to Link..”

Midna winked as she placed a hand on his shoulder and said,
“You have his blood.. remember that.. his blood.”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom