• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Quest for Middle-Earth

Beardless Dwarf

King of the Longbeards
((Cool! I'm ready to get started!))

Thrundin toils away at his forge, he had not had a job for months but an Elf in the Ered Luin had asked for a Dwarf-mail coat for his son. Thrundin had taken the job (not without ridicule from his friends at helping Elves) and was just finishing the final rings of the mail cloth. He was not a tailor so he would have to go to his friend, Drodri, to have it sized at cut into a coat.

He finishes the final rings and adds them to the metal cloth. "This will be a great work. The others think it unwise to give the Elves such things but I--" "Still working? It is getting late Thrundin."

Thrundin turns to see Drodri walking in. "Drodri!" Thrundin exclaims and pats his friend on the back. "I was only finishing my first job in months. In fact I was planning to bring it to you tomorrow."

"Oh really?" Drodri replies. "Indeed it will be good to make equipment for battle. I've only been making peasant's clothes since the War ended."

"The War." Thrundin begins in sad remembrance. "Come! We will not speak of such things today! I believe it is time for a pint and a sup!"

Thrundin closes his shop and goes with Drodri to the nearest tavern for an evening meal.

Beardless Dwarf

King of the Longbeards
Thrundin and Drodri sit down at the tavern and the barmaid brings them two pints of beer. 'So Thrundin,' Drodri begins, 'How has life been treating you recently?'
'Fairly,' Thrundin replies. 'As I said before, this shirt is my first job in months.' Thrundin sips at his beer, the barmaid brings a dish of seed-cakes. Drodri eats a cake and takes a swig from his mug. 'Well,' he begins after a pause, 'I've heard of a group of Elves and Dwarves,'
'Yes?' Thrundin asks eagerly
'Well, they said they were going up North. Near the land of the Kings of Old.'
'What do they plan to do there?'
'I don't know, you'd have to ask 'em yourself.'
'Where can I find them?'
'They said they were setting out tomorrow. You could probably find them on the road to a land with the uncouth name of "Shire". But I'll warn you, they aren't normal at all, no. It is said that they travel with a Wizard!'
'Thank you for telling me! I desire at least one last adventure before I die. I will set out tomorrow. Would you finish the job for me? You can keep the payment. I fancy I shan't need it.'
'Of course old friend, of course!'
The two finish their meal and leave for their homes. Thrundin packs and prepares for his adventure.

Hypernova

I love you all. <3
Lindir sips his drink slowly, watching Sílvera. He glances past her, and spots a hooded figure, cloaked in blue. A grin appears on Lindir's face. He walks toward the person. "Who'd have thought I would have found you here, Pallando!" He says. Pallando looked up. A graying auburn beard grew from the Wizard's face, which was lined and clearly very old. The wizard grinned slowly, and stood. He and Lindir were within an inch of each other's heights. "Lindir Of Imladris. What brings you, an Elf this far west?" He asks jovially.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
"Who are you?" the Elf-maiden asks the wizard, confused, unfamiliar with anyone outside Mirkwood

Beardless Dwarf

King of the Longbeards
Thrundin puts the finishing touches to his packing, it is very late and he is having a hard time sleeping. He examines his sword and notices the blade is a bit dull. He begins sharpening the blade. He finishes the sharpening and sheaths his sword. Unable to sleep he picks up his pack and walks outside. He begins whistling a tune and walks down the path toward the Shire.

Hypernova

I love you all. <3
"Ah! So you do not know?" The Wizard asks. Lindir turns to Silvera. "This, Silvera, is the Istari Wizard Pallando the blue. We're very old friends." Pallando claps Lindir on the back. Lindir recoils from His hand, as the Wizard turn to Silvera. "Lindir here helped me out of a little jam several years back involving a wild pack of Wargs. I owe him greatly because of this"

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
He sneaks past The two elves and the wizard to retrieve his cloak. He had left it at the table that he and Lindir had occupied earlier.

Hypernova

I love you all. <3
A bemused expression is on Lindir's face. "Well, Seeing as he's my friend, and We're traveling together, then that's how it involves you." He says. Pallando looks at Lindir with a quizzical look. "You're traveling together? to where, may I ask?" The wizard asks. "To the Land of the Halflings. The Lord Elrond is sending us on a mission."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom