• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Possibility of Save Statues.

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
In this stage demo below, the Nintendo rep says something about 'save statues' which are bird statues. I find this odd and I personally am not a big fan.

[video=youtube;oyHTZkZLn9s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyHTZkZLn9s[/video]

So, what do you think of the idea of save statues where you can come up from Hyrule? Sounds like an interesting mechanic, only if they pull it off well.

I do not understand... Is he saying its a sort of fast travel? Or a save point for the game file?

Fast travel is OK its been done in Zelda games already...

I'll have to see for myself how the statues are implemented in the actual game before I can make any real judgments.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I can't imagine that they would ever use them for actually saving the game again like they did in Majora's Mask. That was met with a negative reception, and they know the fans DO NOT want to be restricted in terms of when they can save. Remakes of older games allow you to save more often in recognition of this. It would be strange to make a newer game that was limited in this way.

I think that it is likely that the statues will either be used for something else, such as summoning a bird, creating a warp point, etc. There may only be certain places in the dungeons and overworld where you can do this. That makes much more sense given the context of the game, in my opinion.

If by some unlikely chance the statues are used for saving the game, people will not be pleased. They would have to make the game quite easy in order to offset this, meaning that SS will be much easier to play than we've previously heard. If saving is limited, it will not be the hardest Zelda game ever, I can almost guarantee you that.

So in any case, this particular feature does not make or break the game. It simply invites speculation as to what the nature of the game will actually be.

I very very very much hope not! That was one of the things I absolutely HATED about Majora's Mask. It would really be a shame if they went back to that. I think (and I mean think, I by no way can give a set answer :D) but I think he meant that we had to save statues in order to get closer to Zelda (The whole date thing) I don't think they would actually add a feature where we HAVE to save at a certain point in the game.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
The way he instantly clarified that they were bird statues and not save statues make me certain that all they do is bring you back up to Skyloft. I think that they may bring you back up to that statue that the old man is looking at in the Comic-Con trailer.

I will bet my left nostrill that they are not save statues!

yeah i bet they will just "save" your position in a dungeon, while you fast travel to a town and back.. that would be awesome.

Oh Lord I hope there are no save statues . . . that had to be my least favorite part about Majora's Mask. I do think it somehow worked in MM since that was a shorter game, but in a game like SS (which looks pretty long), the ability to just save whenever is really needed IMO.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
If there are save statues, this game will be awesome. Annoying, yes, but awesome.

Anyway. Those bird statues sound interesting, I wonder when, where, and exactly how they will be erected? :3

BakerGuy

Wielder of TheBakerSword
maybe they arent immediate kind of travel statues. Maybe you call your bird and then you have to fly there, but you have to do it manually. and it actually takes time. Like in TP when you have to ride on the big bird to go up zoras domain.

E

Elli

Oh man i hope that they don't have save statues! Man that would stink i hate that restricted feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom