• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Perfect Skyward Sword

Harp = crap in this game. You did nothing but let your arm sway back and forth. They missed big opportunities with this one. :/

What would you like to have been done with the harp? Just wondering. I didn't mind that it was more passive but I'm interested in hearing some ideas.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
What would you like to have been done with the harp? Just wondering. I didn't mind that it was more passive but I'm interested in hearing some ideas.
Well they definitely could have let you hold down buttons in order to create different types of sound.
They could have let you actually learn songs, like in Ocarina of Time with actual button patterns while swaying your arm back and forth.
The different notes could trigger how Fi sings as well.
Just my thoughts.

I actually liked how the bow was handled. It forced you to use the slingshot more. In Twilight Princess you get the bow right after you get the slingshot (In the next dungeon). This pretty much makes the slingshot useless for every portion after the second dungeon. Skyward Sword made it better in my opinion.

I liked the slingshot it was a good item, but I would've like it if you got the bow like a dungeon or so before so you could have used it more.

That's why she hates her. <_<
I still don't understand how all Zelda did makes her useless in SS.

Well they definitely could have let you hold down buttons in order to create different types of sound.
They could have let you actually learn songs, like in Ocarina of Time with actual button patterns while swaying your arm back and forth.
The different notes could trigger how Fi sings as well.
Just my thoughts.

I can actually see how this could have been a little more interesting and complex. These are some good ideas. I think if they spent less time focusing on a lot of things that all mostly wound up being pretty boring or useless in the game (dowsing). They could have focused on more interesting gameplay, like the harp or flying for example.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I can actually see how this could have been a little more interesting and complex. These are some good ideas. I think if they spent less time focusing on a lot of things that all mostly wound up being pretty boring or useless in the game (dowsing). They could have focused on more interesting gameplay, like the harp or flying for example.
I definitely agree with you on several points.
Dowsing was an incredibly useless tool included in SS. I never used. I also think they could have included several more islands in the sky. The sky was very, very barren and you had few islands you could land on. And when you could land on an island, you didn't have a lot to walk on. And flying missed out on many chances as well. I think the game could have included a lot more if you were able to get training to fly at night with the proper equipment. And I think we already see eye-to-eye on the harp. ;)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Some of the areas should have been designed better aesthetically, both the Faron woods and parts of Lanayru desert looked unnatural, there were so many puzzle elements there should have been caves to explore and the landscapes should have been prettier.

The dungeon map should have appeared in the corner as it did in other games. (Please do not tell me there is a way to do that since I have done the game twice allready)

The Skyview temple should have been improved, it was just dull even for a first temple. There should not have been both earth temple and fire sanctuary. Elements from both should have been used together to make one single fire dungeon, there was no need for two. Another dungeon should be added to accommodate this loss in a separate region.

The Bokoblins and Tentalus should have been redesigned to not look so damn stupid, seriously what was going through the designers minds when they came up with Tentalus... monsters inc? As for those Bokoblins, they are the primary enemy yet they look so unintimidating, with their Mario noses, droopy eyes and downright dopey expressions I know they are supposed to be a bit dumb but seriously!? Whilst I'm on the subject of Bokoblins, there should really have been less of them and more variety of enemies, where were the Darknuts, iron knuckles and bubbles?

Ghirahim should have been more 'psycho clown' rather than cowardly and pathetic. Fabulousness must stay though. Demise was terrible, 5 minutes of him telling you how he will take over the world and that he used to scare humans and then he's killed by link. He was a Ganondorf clone, like Malladus. It seems like the only reason he looks like he did and acted like he did was to allude to Ganon. They should have just called him Ganon at least then he would have had more presence, yet that would be a serious abuse of the character and I would have gone crazy if they did that without improving his personality and giving him more screen time first.

The music should have been more ambitious and grander.

Finally they should have given link hidden skills such as the backslice and helm splitter.

Finally they should have given link hidden skills such as the backslice and helm splitter.

I don't know how many times I tried to roll around enemies in Skyward Sword forgetting that I could not. I guess they wanted the game to be more focused on the motion plus combat and not just executing a hidden skill. Still kind of a bummer that it was not included.

Ghirahimiscool

Cucco Butt
I would take out Zelda (believe me on this one, it'd work out just fine; didn't Majora's Mask succeed?) [EDIT] or if not that, remove Hylia from the game completely, within the lore and all that jazz. She's the cause of Zelda's uselessness in this game, really.
I would add in more regions, and remove those stupid barriers that make it so you're confined to that region then have to go back to the sky to get to a different zone. That's just ridiculous on Nintendo's part.
I would add in a few dungeons here and there, but make them especially difficult.
Add in more enemy types, increase the amount of difficulty enemies on screen and decrease the focus on "get past my guard lulz" within sword combat.
Erase Demise and Ghirahim -- Demise I just can't wrap my head around, and Ghirahim is more of a clown than a villain. He doesn't even do much throughout the course of the game, neither does Demise. Neither villain makes it seem like I *should* save the world, because there is no sense of urgency with either villain (besides the very end, and that incidentally is when we close up the real threat >_> ).

There's much more, but I can sense someone is going to dissect my post so I'll keep it short. :right:

And just WHY would you want to take out Ghirahim?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ghirahim is a poor villain for my tastes, that's all I'll say. *cue the hate*

Ghirahimiscool

Cucco Butt
I would add more Ghirahim to it. He barely appeared at all, and the game would have been more fun with him a little more in. Scratch that. A LOT more in.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
story
something i really hate is the backstory within the backstory concept;skyward sword was a lousy prequel,not explaining a whole lot and adding more questions and confusion [example,the ANCIENT robots....WHY!?]
skyward sword should've stuck w/ explaining the questions that laid in the future like the interloper war or the shiekah tribe instead of making up its own history which is completely unnecessary,i mean skwyard sword WAS the history.....or at least it was suppose to be
i pretty much agree w/ random person up there
gameplay
aside the stupid *** 'hold up every single useless treasure you get' thing,i don't have too much complaints on gameplay,the motion controls were fine
....well except for the harp but whatever
and one more thing:text,Y U NO GO FASTER OR FILL UP [Y U NO face meme here]
worlds
the overworld is god awful,at least in wind waker there were rupee barrels and flags to at least attempt to entertain you during the sail,but you get nothing like that in skyward sword
as for the regions:faron woods-nothing to do,eldin volcano-linear as hell,lanayru desert-.....actually,it was a little more decent
and yeah they should've added anogtther region,i don't care if its a snow reagion just something w/ better things to do than those two

also i kinda expected the TOWN of skyloft to be a little more bigger than a freakin hamlet w/ a [soon to be bankrupted] store and a school w/ only 4 or 5 dorms -_-
dungeons
maybe just 2 more?.....maybe?
i also expected a sky dungeon [perhaps the city in the sky under construction?]
content/sidequests
all we got was them gratitude crystals.....yeah,thats replay value right there
bosses
how come the gay demon lord's boss fights were to only good ones? [and the cistern one]
switch an imprisoned boss fight w/ another on-land,non-dungeon boss;don't include unused monsters inc characters [tentalus or whatever];and maybe just add 1 more sky boss [i say maybe b/c i think im sounding a little greedy]
also i made a post on the fire sancuary boss should've been volvagia thread,look that up if you want my take on it

and take out the water dragon's tadtone trial,that was just worthless

I would take out Zelda (believe me on this one, it'd work out just fine; didn't Majora's Mask succeed?) [EDIT] or if not that, remove Hylia from the game completely, within the lore and all that jazz. She's the cause of Zelda's uselessness in this game, really.
I would add in more regions, and remove those stupid barriers that make it so you're confined to that region then have to go back to the sky to get to a different zone. That's just ridiculous on Nintendo's part.
I would add in a few dungeons here and there, but make them especially difficult.
Add in more enemy types, increase the amount of difficulty enemies on screen and decrease the focus on "get past my guard lulz" within sword combat.
Erase Demise and Ghirahim -- Demise I just can't wrap my head around, and Ghirahim is more of a clown than a villain. He doesn't even do much throughout the course of the game, neither does Demise. Neither villain makes it seem like I *should* save the world, because there is no sense of urgency with either villain (besides the very end, and that incidentally is when we close up the real threat >_> ).

There's much more, but I can sense someone is going to dissect my post so I'll keep it short. :right:

REALLY!! Take zelda out of the video game!! Without zelda, the game would not have worked as well!! SHE WAS PART OF THE REASON THE EVENTS OF SS HAPPENED!!!

AND Who in the right mind would ever want to remove Debbie?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Skyloft's Hero said:
Who in the right mind would ever want to remove Debbie?!?!

Can we not use the huge font next time? Geez. Vanitas, had a problem with Ghirahim's lack of seriousness. Personally, I loved how he evolved from someone seeking to beat Link within an inch of his life to a heartless demon seeking nothing short of murder. Others' opinions, however, are respected.

Ghirahimiscool said:
I would add more Ghirahim to it. He barely appeared at all, and the game would have been more fun with him a little more in. Scratch that. A LOT more in.

I'm pretty sure he appeared in around 10 cutscenes. That's more than any villain in recent memory.

markasscop said:
something i really hate is the backstory within the backstory concept;skyward sword was a lousy prequel,not explaining a whole lot and adding more questions and confusion [example,the ANCIENT robots....WHY!?]

Actually, Skyward Sword answered more questions than it created. The purpose of the Ancient Robots was to explain where the technology originated from in Lanayru in Skyward Sword and to chroncile how their disappearance sent the land into a more primitive state along the lines of Ocarina of Time.

markasscop said:
i also expected a sky dungeon [perhaps the city in the sky under construction?]

The Skyview Temple largely fulfilled that role, at least in terms of aesthetic.

markasscop said:
how come the gay demon lord's boss fights were to only good ones? [and the cistern one]

Actually, Skyward Sword's boss battles were phenomenal in that few fell victim to the traditional stun, hack-and-slash pattern of previous iterations. Scaldera, Levias, and Demise come to mind in terms of creative execution and keeping the player on their toes at all times.

markasscop said:
and take out the water dragon's tadtone trial,that was just worthless

That was an extremely minor part of the game. No need for such harsh complaints.

Linksister82

Setterwind
I think Skyward Sword is a pretty awesome game. Mind you, I haven't played all the way through it yet but from what I have seen so far I really really like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom