• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The Origins of the Sheikah

The Sheikah are an enigmatic tribe, with very little about their history being known. However, ALBW offers a possible clue. Hilda, the princess of Lorule, has red eyes (a racial characteristic of the Sheikah) and has some magical power, one of which being the ability to erect a barrier of light to defend against Yuga- a power also demonstrated by Impa in SS. Assuming these similarities aren't just coincidence (which is always admittedly possible), these imply some connection between Hilda (and with her the Loruleans) and the Sheikah.

With this in mind, here's my idea. Lorule's Triforce was originally destroyed to end the fighting over it. However, it is doubtful that it could be physically destroyed- the Hyrulean Triforce could seemingly be broken into infinite fragments without ill effect (as separating it into parts, then shattering those parts, did not cause Hyrule to begin crumbling). Hilda also says that it was destroyed "utterly and absolutely", ultimately requiring a wish on Hyrule's Triforce to restore it. This, again, implies no physical remains. The only known way this could occur would be if the Triforce itself was used to wish for its own destruction. Hilda claims that her ancestors destroyed it, meaning one of them must have made the wish. But who? Well, Hilda is the parallel counterpart of Zelda, and both princesses display magical power. The latter's powers came from the blood of the goddess Hylia; it would be logical, then, to assume that Hilda received her powers from a divine bloodline as well- that of Hylia's Lorulean counterpart, who I call "Lylia". SS, however, establishes that gods are unable to use the Triforce; Lylia, then, must have given up her divinity to destroy it. Afterward, she founded what would become Lorule's Royal Family.

After this, Demise then crossed from Lorule to Hyrule (as discussed in other threads here, and elsewhere as well) to take its Triforce. Knowing that this would lead to, or at least worsen, fighting over the Triforce, and perhaps even drive Hylia to the same desperate act, some of Lylia's mortal children followed Demise into Hyrule using enchanted bracelets (one of, if not the, last of which eventually coming into Ravio's, then Link's possession). After helping to seal Demise, these Lorulean demigods decided to make sure that Hyrule was never at risk of losing its Triforce, and so, they swore fealty to Hylia, becoming her servants and protectors- the Sheikah.

Thoughts?

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I don't think Hilda's magic implies that all of the inhabitants of Lorule are capable of similar feats. Zelda in some of the games has shown she is capable of magic, however we can assume that other Hylians can't use magic.

And it is also to note: breaking and destroying are two different things in the Zelda franchise. The Triforce has been broken up into shards before, but it the person who did so did not intend to destroy it utterly. Think back to the Mirror of Twilight in Twilight Princess. Zant was incapable of destroying the mirror, so he broke it into four shards. Midna though, destroys it entirely. If this is how it works in the Zelda universe, than it makes sense that the Triforce can be broken apart into several pieces without ill effect.

That was a whole lot of speculation that essentially relies on a character's eye color for any grounds. A few specifics though:

The latter's powers came from the blood of the goddess Hylia; it would be logical, then, to assume that Hilda received her powers from a divine bloodline as well- that of Hylia's Lorulean counterpart, who I call "Lylia"

I don't think that is a logical assumption at all. Small sample size and false equivocation are both at play here. It could very well be the case that Lorulian royalty is derived from a male god. It could be derived from a completely undivine source. We don't know, and any possibility is as likely as another.

Lylia, then, must have given up her divinity to destroy it. Afterward, she founded what would become Lorule's Royal Family.

We don't even know if a figure like this might have existed. Even Lorule does have its own divine ancestors, there is no grounds to claim that the Triforce was destroyed in this fashion. All we know is that it was "Ancestors" presumably of the royal family that destroyed it.

After this, Demise then crossed from Lorule to Hyrule (as discussed in other threads here, and elsewhere as well) to take its Triforce.

If you want to convince your readers of something, don't assume that they already have some other information. I have no idea what you are talking about.

Anyway, like I said, this is speculation and not theory.

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
Mmmmm, I'm pretty sure the Sheikah are strictly of Hyrule. Impa was there helping Hylia since the formation of Skyloft, there really is nothing to tie the Sheikah to Lorule at all. I'm pretty sure the red eyes are nothing more than a coincidence. They just wanted to make Hilda as opposite of Zelda as possible. Pink dress vs purple dress, blonde hair vs black hair, red eyes vs blue eyes and so on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom