• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

can someone remind me why people keep defending the wii u when it only has like 12 good games while previous nintendo platforms had like 30+,bare minimum
Quality over qualtity and there enough quality titles on the WiiU (eShop indie included). The WiiU is not perfect, but lack of quality games is not one of the issues anymore.

@the8thark

Normally I'd agree with you that it's time to move on, yet Nintendo has talked about why SS failed before, and why people didn't like SPM. They're aware that fans are not happy with the new direction, and this shows that they just do not care.
SS was bad I will agree. SPM on the other hand was not a bad game. It just felt more like Super Mario than it did Paper Mario. In this case I believe it's sales and not fans wishes that are dictating what the content of future games are. Nintendo are using ideas that sold well in the past.

Nintendo is a little weird in this. They move away from an exellent PM64/PM:TTYD formula, and an Super Smash Bros (amongst other) formulas that worked so well. SSB4 was different and it's single player is objectively bad. Worse than Melee and Brawl. Same deal with PM. That worked and people liked it, why change what is not broken? Sure new iseas are good, but Nintendo insist on keeping the bad new ideas around for too long at times. The one exception is decades ago with Zelda 2. The fans did not like Zelda 2 (under appreciated gem in my opinion though), so Nintendo dropped the Zelda 2 style like hot garbage and mobed back to the top down style for Zelda Snes.
Nintendo need to do similar now, and be able to drop bad new ideas quickly. It's better for everyone if they start doing this now. I am not saying PM:CS is bad, but there is complaints about it already.

Also PM:CS sounds awefully similar to P:CS. The P being Photoshop, also being about colour as an application.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Quality over qualtity and there enough quality titles on the WiiU (eShop indie included). The WiiU is not perfect, but lack of quality games is not one of the issues anymore.
but previous consoles had both,wii u's lacking in the quantity part
well at least some is better than none i guess,but it's definitely falling off what w/ mario tennis ultra trash,amiibo festival,and these upcoming titles that just make me go mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

wii u's lacking in the quantity part
I agree with this. But quantity is not always good. Look at the NES and Wii. So much crapware on both systems. The WiiU does have it's share of had games (on disc and digital) but it's not too bad an issue like some systems in the past. I do not see lacking in the quantity part being too much, if the quality is there. On the WiiU it is there. 2 years too late, but better late than never.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
This Direct was okay to me. Fair amount of stuff I don't care about, and a few notable things. I wasn't expecting Zelda Wii U at all. They're saving it for E3 and going to do a huge blowout.

Kirby: Planet Robobot seems interesting. I'm yet to even get Triple Deluxe which I would rather play first, both of them are one my list of "games to get eventually", haha.

Hyrule Warriors Legends is getting more appealing the more I hear about it, just like I felt with the Wii U version before it came out. I think I can wait a bit on this one though and see what its DLC is like beforehand.

Further Splatoon updates are an amazing thing. I've dedicated a large portion of my free time to this game since it's come out, and anything that keeps it even more fresh is going to please me greatly. Super Mario Maker updates are a plus, I don't play that game as much.

Metroid Prime: Federation Force still has me perplexed. It exists, and will possibly be entertaining, but won't fill anybody's fix for a proper new Metroid game.

SNES Virtual Console games for the New 3DS only is fine, the regular 3DS is too weak from what I know. I'd absolutely love to have Super Metroid, A Link to the Past and others as portable games on my system. However, I already own these on my Wii U, and while I don't exactly feel entitled to download them again for free, I'd like Nintendo to actually acknowledge that I own them and offer a discount or something. The only time they've done this to a degree was when you have Virtual Console games on the Wii mode of your Wii U.

However, I already own these on my Wii U, and while I don't exactly feel entitled to download them again for free, I'd like Nintendo to actually acknowledge that I own them and offer a discount or something. The only time they've done this to a degree was when you have Virtual Console games on the Wii mode of your Wii U.
A few 3rd parties have done this and given a discount for buying the game on the 2nd system. Also with the SSB4 updates, it's cheaper to buy the 3DS and WiiU version of each update together than it is separately. There is a discount there. I do think something like 50% off for people who already own the game on the same NNID WiiU would have been nice for N3DS gamers.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
A few 3rd parties have done this and given a discount for buying the game on the 2nd system. Also with the SSB4 updates, it's cheaper to buy the 3DS and WiiU version of each update together than it is separately. There is a discount there. I do think something like 50% off for people who already own the game on the same NNID WiiU would have been nice for N3DS gamers.

This is true, and I wish it applied more to Nintendo's own Virtual Console games. I agree with what you said at the end there. It's not like people could exploit the system or anything as long as they use NNIDs to confirm you own it.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I agree with this. But quantity is not always good. Look at the NES and Wii. So much crapware on both systems. The WiiU does have it's share of had games (on disc and digital) but it's not too bad an issue like some systems in the past. I do not see lacking in the quantity part being too much, if the quality is there. On the WiiU it is there. 2 years too late, but better late than never.
i meant the previous consoles had a lot of good games,as in there's quality in that quantity [obviously not every single game,but i used 30 as a base],wii u only has some

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
SNES Virtual Console games for the New 3DS only is fine, the regular 3DS is too weak from what I know. I'd absolutely love to have Super Metroid, A Link to the Past and others as portable games on my system. However, I already own these on my Wii U, and while I don't exactly feel entitled to download them again for free, I'd like Nintendo to actually acknowledge that I own them and offer a discount or something. The only time they've done this to a degree was when you have Virtual Console games on the Wii mode of your Wii U.
Nah, the regular DS is almost good enough to emulate SNES games. The 3DS could definitely do it.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Ummm.... We are getting a new Direct tomorrow.... I guess?
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/582890134846197760

I bet the Treehouse presentation will either be of Star Fox or Federation Force.... But this Direct seems awfully vague compared to the last one.... Maaaaaybe we could get Zelda U info? I mean, it is very close to a year since the title was delayed, and it would only make sense. Wow, I really did not expect to get a direct so soon. But really. I do not know what to even expect for this one.

Reactions: Dio

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
My best guess will be it could be used to announce new mobile games and talk about/promote miitomo and my nintendo (I think that's what it's called) since they both just launched today. I doubt we'll hear anything about Zelda until E3 unfortunately.
Mobile games will not be talked about in this presentation.
It says clearly
"Upcoming Wii U and 3DS games"

This means that mobile and NX will not be talked about.

image.png image.png image.png Wow, yknow, I really thought Nintendo didn't know how to promote its IPs, but I didn't realize they'd be able to time travel exactly one year in the past to show us a direct, that's called maximizing profits. But didn't they show a direct on that exact same day last year as well? Hmmmm, how weird...

Last edited:

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
So this Direct is legit? There was one last year. So who knows. I've not heard it advertised on places like facebook though, like other Directs are advertised. So I guess time will tell if this is a legit thing. Seems strange so soon after the last direct, but who knows, it could be all about Miitomo and MyNintendo. Might not be game related.

I do think there will be no Zelda U and NX info there though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom