• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The New Writing Community Competition: Week 2

Which entry was the best?

• A_LINK_IN_TIME

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Atsuma

• Axle the Beast

• Hero of Time

• lazarusryu

• Rachel

• Raindrop14

• Siniru

• VanitasXII

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Welcome to the second week of Zelda Dungeon's Writing Community Competition! This is the place where Zelda Dungeon members get a chance to show off their writing chops each week by tackling a unique theme. Spectators will get to vote on the best piece and crown a winner for the week, and then we do it all over again next week!

Last week, our theme was The Legend of Zelda, and we had an incredible turnout of 8 entries! Congratulations and thank you to everybody who submitted - it takes guts to put out your work for all to see, so you deserve credit just for entering. The entries can be found in the spoiler tag below (I like to keep the post clean and compact, so I put all the works under the spoiler tag so you don't have to scroll through 8 500-word pieces of prose to get to the posts down below).

A_LINK_IN_TIME
The Legend Reawakened

His name was Link. He had been traversing the land for some time now, mindlessly slashing away at any impediment in his way. Anger suddenly rushed through his veins. Why had the princess not been able to protect herself? Did she purposely want to fall into Ganon’s clutches? Why had all hell broke loose while he was away? None of that mattered anymore. He swallowed his pride and trudged forward.

The only people he’d encountered across his journey thus far were rebels who spoke in allegory; some old man who claimed, “Dodongo dislikes smoke” and the usual crew of troublemakers. Only by collecting the pieces of Triforce could he save the fair Zelda. He cursed under his breath. All of this felt familiar. But how? Reincarnations were a myth invented by the superstitious. He had given up believing in the Gods altogether. Farore, Din, Nayru. There were cursed names which deserved to be buried under the sands of time. A smile crossed his sweaty face. Surely he was correct.

After weeks away from home and living off the land, he was ready to rest. A great plain lay before him. He removed his tunic and arsenal and closed his eyes. Sleep came quickly.

A man of darker complexion rode across the desert on his black steed. He seemed vaguely familiar.

“Do you remember this man?” a voice boomed from the shadows. The young warrior shook his head NO. “Well you should! He is Ganondorf of the Gerudo tribe” the girl remarked for that is who the speaker sounded like. “I am Hylia, the supreme Goddess of the universe and YOU are the Hero of Time! Or rather you were”.

Link shook his head in disbelief. “You lie, vagrant! Get out of my mind!”

Hylia merely chucked. “You don’t recall because you failed the people. After awakening the sages and on the verge of purging Hyrule of Ganondorf, you were defeated. You should have never returned. Civilization rightfully treats you as a coward. The demon Ganon slew you. Turn around in shame ad halt your mission,” she snapped.

“But …But I’m on a quest to rescue a friend. Her name is Zelda,” Link timidly responded.

“Zelda, Zelda…,” Hylia repeated the name several times allowing it to resound. “Very well then, you are the very hero who rescued me from the clutches of an ancient evil that transcended time itself. We must not allow for one stumbling block to halt progress. Humanity shall see brighter days. The Princess needs your help! Hurry!” her voice dissipating into the darkness.

He woke up sweating but determined. Suddenly he understood. He was the one destined to save the princess. Time had looped itself in an endless curse of death, destruction, and devastation. But where there is fear, hope exists as well. The Triforce was an answer-A vessel to reassure his mind and slay a villain of old. He had failed once but it would never happen again. Ganon’s cause was lost.

Atsuma

The Beginning of a Nightmarish Day
Link had delayed a while that early morning. As he ran towards Windfall's docking area, he realized that she would not be happy about him being late.

"You're late!" Tetra accused with a loud voice as she saw the green-clad child coming. The newly crowned princess of Hyrule stood against an empty wooden crate with her arms crossed over her chest, a serious look upon her round, pretty face.

Link came to a stop just a few feet away from her and showed her an apologetic face, but he was also surprised to see that she was dressed in her old pirate outfit, which consisted of a blue vest over a light purple blouse, white to-the-knee loose pants and a red handkerchief that she kept tied around her neck. He also noticed that she wore her brown sandals, the red sash around her waist, and her old pirate sword at the side of the hip in a brown holster.

The lad shrunk his shoulders and explained. "I...overslept?"

Tetra checked him over with that serious, upset face of hers. "Knowing we were to embark on this trip today you overslept, Link? Don't you have any decency to prepare before hand for your upcoming plans?"

Link turned aside and scratched his head, surely embarrassed now. "I stayed up all night tossing and turning and just thinking about the trip," he came out with the truth.

Tetra shook her head and started towards the boat that awaited at the side. "Come along then," she invited him as she went walking. "And let us hope that you don't take an hour to jump into the dang boat!"

Link chuckled lowly at that but kept his stare on her, on her womanly figure. Though she was not dressed in her royal dress, she still looked royal enough to Link and as beautiful as though she'd just dressed up for a ball. Link was not late in joining her in the boat.

He jumped in almost as soon as she had boarded it.

They both sat on opposite planks that served as seating within the boat and stared at each other for a few seconds.

"Well?" Tetra cried, raising an eyebrow.

"Well what?" Link responded right away.

"Silly child," Tetra looked at the floor of the boat and noticed an oar laying there. She

bent to pick it up and then tossed it at Link, who caught it easily.

"Row!" Tetra ordered, the princess hiding a satisfied grin from him. "You start for having showed up late. I will relieve you whenever we're a quarter's way from making it to the ship."

"You mean I have to row three quarters of the way?" gasped the Hylian hero. "But..."

"You'll be fine," Tetra assumed. "If you black out I will take over for you."

Link just looked at her for a few seconds. He was just a few minutes into the day with her and already it was looking grim for him. He started to row, hoping the whole day wouldn't be a nightmare for him at her side.

Axle the Beast

"To Rescue The Princess Of Destiny"

It didn't take long for Link to make a spark and start the fire. Letting the flame grow, Link then grabbed a long, nearly straight branch that he'd pre-sharpened and speared the dead octorok. Though the day had been uneventful, he had been traveling all day, slowly riding atop his horse through the plains.

Link had determined his heading days ago when he'd finally finished crossing over Mt. Hebra. He'd already gathered two of the mystical stones he needed. One was in the forests nearby his hometown, hidden deep within the caverns beneath a great tree. He'd found the other within a hollowed rock spire atop the mountain. His companion had said that the last stone was across Lake Hylia, and Link easily determined -- with his map and compass -- that to reach Lake Hylia from Mt. Hebra, he needed to cross the plains. They'd finally reached the other side of that expanse during sunset, and had settled into a clearing by the forest's edge for the night. Link had secured his supper in a nearby pond when he and his horse had stopped for a drink.

Hefting the creature mounted on his stick, Link propped both ends of the stick on rocks so it would hang above the flames, and watched it while it cooked, turning it every so often. The journey had been long and though he hadn't been attacked -- today, at least -- he was so hungry he bet he could eat the entire octorok.

"We're nearly there. The plains take days to traverse, but these woods are small. Lake Hylia is on the other side."

Link turned his head at his companion and nodded. He'd yet to receive an explanation as to what she was. She'd first appeared to him as beautiful humanoid, but had shrunken into a winged blue, fairylike light. She had been presented to him as his traveling companion by the King of Hyrule himself. She floated away and settled atop Link's backpack, leaning against a rock across the fire from him.

Link looked around at the red light filtering through the trees from the direction of the plains. He smiled at the beautiful sight, thinking about the "Princess of Destiny" -- as she was called -- Princess Zelda. He'd always heard rumors about the beautiful princess of Hyrule, never imagining he would find himself on a quest to save her from evil. He wondered what she would be like... what she looked like.

Then he turned his head to the shadows from the deeper forest. He was reminded of the night before, when he was attacked by wild dogs while he slept. Luckily he'd happened to have left his sword by him that night, but if he hadn't...

From now on, he would be sure he kept it close at hand at all times. He thought of how the beasts had seemed possessed, and then thought of the evil that had Princess Zelda in its clutches.

"I'll be there soon."

Hero of Time

Marvin’s Secret

“Get over here, Marvin!”

Despite knowing what would ensue after following his father’s growled order, Marvin did. He solemnly trudged to where his father stood in the back of their small cave. A dozen spears rested against the back wall, although Marvin had never used a single one.

“How do you expect to call yourself a Moblin, Marvin?” Marvin’s father snarled.

“I’m sorry, father. I know I’m a disappointment,” Marvin sobbed.

“You got that right, dammit! My own son can’t even use a damn spear!” As he yelled these words, his mouth opened wide, revealing jagged, yellow teeth and blood-red gums. “Now pick one up and let’s go!”

“I…I can’t, father,” Marvin whimpered.

“You will!”

“No!” Marvin cried.

Marvin’s father raised a fist into the air, fully extending his arm, and then brought it down with might. Blood crept from the corner of Marvin’s mouth. A tear streamed down his cheek. Flustered with physical and psychological pain, Marvin ran out of the cave and into the outlying forest.

And at that moment, Marvin made a promise to himself. I will never go back there.

In the days that followed, Marvin wandered through the forests of Hyrule. He had quite a few close encounters with groups of Octoroks and even his own kin.

One day he came across a herd of Octoroks in a clearing in the forest. He tried to hide behind a tree, but one of the Octoroks spotted him and spat a rock at him. The rock hurdled into the trunk of the tree Marvin hid behind.

Marvin felt stuck, a feeling he was far too accustomed to. All his childhood he had been stuck at home, with his father abusing him endlessly and his mother…gone.

Then he heard something: a faint rustling in the tree branches above him. It was a boy, clad in a green tunic and cap. The boy shot an arrow at one of the Octoroks, and then leaped to the ground. He drew a sword from a scabbard on his back and dished out a swift blow to each awaiting Octorok.

The boy then turned to Marvin, who cowered in fear at the sight of the boy’s sword raised at him.

“Please don’t hurt me!” Marvin pled.

The boy lowered his sword, noticing Marvin’s lack of a spear. He gave a polite nod to him, accompanied by a slight grin, and then left.

Weeks later, Marvin had settled in a cave near where he had been saved by the green-clad boy weeks before. He had saved up all the money he had left from when he ran away from home, and planned on giving it to the boy if he ever came to him.

And just as he had expected, the boy came.

“It’s a secret to everybody!” Marvin said with glee.

The boy lowered his sword, noticed Marvin and the Rupee. He gave a polite nod to him, accompanied by a slight grin, and then left.

Nothing needed to be said. Marvin knew it; he had made a friend.

lazarusryu

The Legend Of Zelda - Eternal Fate

“Come to save the Princess again I see.”

“Like I’d leave her at the mercy of an evil being like you!” The young warrior shouts back at the powerful man, pointing the Master Sword at him; the Princess, behind him and encased in crystal.

The evil man gets up from his throne, pride on his face and a gloved hand on the hilt of his sword. “Tell me young one, why does she even matter to you? What is one Princess in the scheme of things?”

“She isn’t just any Princess and you know it. Zelda is the key to obtaining the tri-force.”

“Fool! We ALL are the tri-force; you, me, and HER!” The large warrior raises his hand and shows the back of it to him, a third of the tri-force glows from it. “We are bound together by fate. This was meant for all of us.

“And I am meant to destroy you!”

“Oh poor little hero…you are SO wrong.” The evil being draws his blade and comes at the young warrior. Their blades clash against one another, making bright sparks with each impact. The evil being is strong but his blade does not hold up against the Master Sword as pieces chip off. The evil man won’t go easily as he kicks the chest of the young warrior and knocks him to the stone floor. “Fool! I will not be defeated by a mere child!”

“That’s where you’re wrong…I am no mere child…” The young man in the green tunic raises the Master Sword and points it at the evil man. Energy comes from his hand, into the Master Sword and fires out into the chest of the evil man. He screams in horror as his entire body glows brightly before exploding.

The crystal around Zelda shatters and she immediately rushes to her savior. She wraps her arms around him. “Thank you! You’ve vanquished that devious creature and saved my life, Ganondorf!”

The green skinned boy smiles as he holds her, “I would destroy Link all over again, for you, Zelda.”

Rachel

She was beautiful. A sweep of lush blonde hair framed vibrant eyes that reflected the colors of a calm ocean. Sadness lay deep within those eyes, aged far behind her years and wisdom, an ancient manifest of what was to come. Her lips were sweet and full, curved in such a way that betrayed her innocence. Powerful words lay on those lips, unspoken, and to be teased out by destiny.

I wanted her, but I very well knew how unattainable the Hylian Princess was. I was a hero clad in plain green. Albeit I wore the colors of legend, my seeming costume did nothing to draw her to me. Now, she leaned out her over her balcony railing, trilling a soft melody on a small harp.

A sudden chill raced up my spine, and my sword trembled in its sheath, thirsting for the apparent evil that lurked nearby. I pulled it out; hoping the sleek hiss of the blade would not disturb the Princess. The beast would be slain before it could lay a single claw on her.

It came for her in the air, faster than an arrow. The monster had the body of a lizard and the wings of a dragon; an Aeralfos, armed with a wicked sword and shield. The scream of the Princess shattered her song.

Noticing the swordsman clad in green, the Aeralfos swung around and dove for me. I leaped off the ground, my sword held high above my head, and brought the blade down upon the savage beast. It swerved out of my range on its descent, its loud, grating screech mocking my swordsmanship.

I landed with a neat roll and spun around, shield up to block the counterattack. Its sword hit with a resounding clang. The element of surprise now at my disposal, I disarmed the beast with a quick thrust of the sword. The beast startled me by hurling its shield at my face, allowing it time to dart away and retrieve its sword. I knew nothing about the skill of an Aeralfos in handling a sword, but I did know not to underestimate an enemy.

I swung my sword in a low cut and heard the groan of metal as our swords met. I drew back and circled around the beast, watching its muscles, its sword, how its eyes kept flickering to its shield which lay behind me. Suddenly, it launched itself into the air with one powerful beat of the wings. I spun around and kicked away the shield as it landed, its claws grasping at nothing. My sword was in its stomach before it could recover from its surprise. With a bloodcurdling cry it disintegrated to black dust carried away on the wind. I lifted my head and felt pink touch my cheeks when I realized the Princess was staring back at me, her eyes knowing and proud of her Hero.

I am Link. I am legend.

Raindrop14

As always Saria sat on the tree trunk in the middle of the Kokiri forest. She played a familiar tune on her wooden ocarina; the other Kokiri called it her song. She had made it up herself a long time ago in this same place. Link had left a few hours ago. She had known he would leave sometime, but she wasn’t prepared for it to happen today. When he had left she stood there on that mossy bridge and gave him her favorite ocarina. It was the ocarina she had made herself.

Right now she used the ocarina her father made for her, and she treasured it always. She had forgotten about reality as she dwelled on what happened between her and Link a few hours ago. She snapped back, trying not to think about that. She had been told when she was younger that she was the sage of the forest, but she wasn’t allowed to tell her best friend Link.

She wanted to tell him, but he would find out when he grew older. Now it was time to go into the forest temple to wait for him. She was told by Rauru, the sage of light, she would have to wait seven years for him to come. She was told all about him being the hero of time, and so whenever she saw him her eyes got teary. She was strong though, and held them back.

She remembered a conversation she’d had with Link a few years ago.

“Saria, do you ever wonder if you had a major role in life? Like there was something horrible that would happen to all Hyrule and that you’d be that one to save everyone?”

Link and Saria were in the Kokiri forest leaning against the trees by a pond.

She didn’t answer him; instead she picked up her ocarina and started playing. Link enjoyed her playing very much and he smiled when she played her song. He was the first one to hear that song when she played it, and he felt special being Saria’s best friend.

Saria came back from her memories and realized that she was still playing. She stopped abruptly in the middle of her song and looked down at her ocarina. Tears weld up in her eyes and knowing that Link was no longer there, she let them fall. She started to cry harder and fell off the tree trunk. She didn’t bother to get up, just curled into a ball and cried her heart out.

Her best friend was gone, no longer there to hear her play, no longer there to talk to. She would have to wait seven years for him to come and see her again. And even then she’d only see him for a brief moment. She knew it was time though. She got up not bothering to wipe her eyes, and started for the temple entrance. She left her ocarina on the forest ground forever, never to be played again.

Siniru

Feet scrunching stone awoke me from my long slumber. I managed to focus and groggily stared at the boy in front of me. He looked 9, with blonde hair and a green tunic. He was staring at me, his blue eyes completely emotionless. A feminine voice echoed from nearby.
"Are you ok? We found you collapsed in Hyrule Field"

It was not him that spoke, but a little ball of fluff floating just above the boy's temple. My eyes met greeny's, and then darted to the ...thing above.
"Huh? A bug? Never seen a species like that before."

A pulsating vain appeared on the thing's 'head.' I ignored it and my gaze flitted to the boy. He was staring intently at me, as if he could see into my soul.

"So, what happened exactly?"

"Don't you remember? You had a claw mark on your chest. You probably got hit by a monster or something."

I took in my surroundings. By the looks of things, we were inside a tree trunk. There was a tiny table in the center. The bed she was in rested lightly on the wall. I stared at a wooden picture frame and everything raced back to me.*

A strange portal in the basement.

Pwetty light..,

Some strange field.

A flying monster.*

Out cold.

I was silent for a second as the memories washed like a tidal wave back me. I could not deny it. This was not planet Skipiya any more.*

It was a different world.*

My short train of thought was interrupted by Greeny. He beckoned me outside and I obediently followed, the past leaving my head like a stone plopping into deep, murky water. Strong wind gushed over me as I walked outside. The fresh smells of the forest hit my nose. Many eyes burned a hole into my chest as I glided along.... Spirited away by the wonderful sight...... wonderful breeze...... Piercing beauty.....*

Greeny yelled something which I could not make out, snapping me back to reality. A boring old forest. I need to learn to contr- UAH!

Crash.*

Ouch...

God.... Ladders.....*

Greeny grumbled something and called for an ambulance. I was laying there, a messy, squirming heap of arms and legs.

My luck sucks out LOUD, Man!

I tried to open the fridge with a bandaged-up arm.
My attempt was futile. Growling, I whined to Greeny.

"I AM SOOOO HUNGRY!!!!!!"

Greeny shrugged off the complaint, his eyes boring into Fluffy Bag.*
"You had an onion dumpling two seconds ago. Come on, Girl. Stop raiding my larder, will ya?"

Girl? So we all have nicknames now?
Wierd blue bug thingie is Fluffy Bag. The boy in green is Greeny, and I am... Girl?

Yeah. Right. Like that is going to happen.

"Call me by my real name, you little changelings! It is Chika!"

Greeny grinned.*

"Ok then. Please, call me Link"

VanitasXII

Waking up in the morning on even a birthday was typical for Link, having lived for thirteen years thus far in the sparsely populated Kokiri Forest. Whether it was to return to the castle pub as required for his sword training (having defeated a self proclaimed King of Evil in another time, saving an alternate dimension from a horrific fate in search of a beloved friend and other similar deeds, one would think that a hero of such magnitude need not further their training), or the not-so-often “Happy Birthday!” from his best friend Saria, Link was always prepared. But not this time around, no. He wouldn't have ever expected this to happen.

Arising from his bed with a lengthy yawn, the Hylian youth intentionally had his eyes closed in waiting; Link was accustomed to awakening tiredly with Saria presenting him some sort of birthday present accompanied by a pat on the head and the usual “Happy Birthday” wish. After some time, though, he realized her presence didn't grace the room. Searching frantically for the girl, Link stormed out of his treehouse and called her name. No response. He paid no attention to the Forest being devoid of the fairies that would dance among the brimful breezes, nor to the fact that the other children were not present. He scurried the Lost Woods and not a trace of her was to be found – not even Saria's Song could be heard. It was almost as if the Forest itself was lifeless. But, that'd mean that Saria wasn't IN the Forest. With such thoughts in mind, Link called for Epona and bore her hurriedly to the drawbridge of Hyrule Castle Town; Zelda would always know what to do.

What Link had sighted within Castle Town, however, was something borderline unimaginable. Festival lights, a town crier shouting for archery contests, and even a giant gong just like that used for a certain sword trainer in a land far away lined the bustling community's interior. Food was being handed out for a price of a measly twenty rupees, games were being played (the Bombchu Bowling Alley was open, to boot!), and a massive celebration was held, he knew not for what. After sometime, the town crier made a call that overtook the community. The townsfolk immediately noticed Link, and all surrounded him to shower the youth with praise for deeds he had done just for the safety and well being of others without a damn in the world for himself. Then, a call came from the inner castle gates that bellowed across the Market: MAKE WAY FOR THE PRINCESS AND HER AIDE!

Link managed to make out Saria and Zelda's figures and almost pushed his way past to them. Both, at the very same time, gave Link a “Happy Birthday” wish and hugged him tightly. Thank you for being here. Not just for us, but for all of Hyrule. At these words the youth practically melted. And the rest is a story for another time.

GaroXicon (not in competition)

"Long ago, there was a boy who lived in the forest. Destiny had chosen this boy to play a great role in dark events that would threaten the balance of the world. One day, he was roused from his sleep by a fairy, sent by the guardian spirit of the forest. That day he would set off on a great adventure -"

"That's wrong, I heard his sister got kidnapped first!"

"No, I heard he got turned into a wolf!"

"You're both wrong, he lived in the clouds and flew around on brightly colored birds!"

The old storyteller chuckled softly at the children's bickering. They had all gathered in a circle around him, eager to hear the famous legend of the boy in green. "There are many different versions, children, but they are all the same story."

A young girl in the front row spoke up over the voices of her friends: "Go on, Grandpa! Where did the boy go?"

"The boy left his home in the forest -"

"The sky!" yelled a particularly stubborn boy. The old man smiled.

"- or the sky - and ventured out into the great world beyond its narrow borders. He visited the Gorons and the Zora, met with the princess, and collected three mystical artifacts that together unlocked a sacred door in the Temple of Time."

The children had all quieted down now. The old man watched as they stared at him, riveted. Even the stubborn child who clung to the story of the sky had fallen silent, and given in to the old man's telling.

"There, the boy found the sacred Blade of Evil's Bane. When he drew the blade, he slept for seven long years, awakening as a grown man in the Sacred Realm of the Triforce. He then traveled all across Hyrule, visiting the five temples and awakening the five sleeping sages. He then journeyed to the castle of the evil man who had stolen the Triforce and kidnapped the princess - Ganondorf - and with the Blade of Evil's Bane, imprisoned him within the Sacred Realm."

The children erupted into applause, cheering for the ancient Hero of Time. "Did the evil man ever return, Grandpa?"

"Evil will always return, child. It's the way of the world." The children looked frightened at the prospect. "But just as evil men will always rise up to threaten the world, a young hero will always rise to protect it. You have nothing to fear, children. Who knows? Perhaps one of you will be the next legendary hero."

At this, the children once again cheered, and ran off to play, each proclaiming themselves the hero.

"Grandpa?" The girl had remained behind. "What did the hero do then?"

The old man smiled, and looked to his granddaughter. "He went in search of his friend, who he had lost."

"Did he ever find his friend?"

He glanced at the wall, where an image of himself and an imp rested.

"Yes, my child. Yes he did."

Unfortunately, as good as these entries are, only one of them can take home the gold. Once you've read all the entries, vote for your favorite in the poll above - the author with the most votes will be crowned the winner, will be added to the Hall of Fame and will receive an award for the box beneath their username. Once you've voted, be sure to leave a post in this thread letting the authors know what you liked and didn't like - this is as much a chance to learn and grow as writers as it is a chance to honor our incredible writing community!

I must also remind all voters of the rule against voting for yourself - it'll be a public poll, so we'll know, and we'd hate to have to disqualify you. So don't do it, guys! :)

It's also time to announce the theme for Week 2 of the competition! We're going a little less broad this week, but there's still a fair amount of freedom in the category. Without further ado, the theme of the week is:
Skyloft
Max 500 words

Once again, when you've finished your piece and are ready to submit it, send it to me in a PM by 9:00 PM EST on Friday, July 6th.

Congratulations to all who entered last week, and good luck to those who plan to enter this week!

Last edited:

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
wow, these are all really good. Zelda Dungeon has some very talented writers in the crowd <3

Seeing as how my vote is public anyhow (poll update?) I felt the need to explain. All of the entries were fabulous. Some were more straightforward than others but they were all great. My own submission aside, the first I read going down the line was Atsuma's and the wording struck me as very powerful yet simple, a true personification of the Tetra character. The one entry that stood head and shoulders above the rest, however, and in my humble opinion even surpassed GaroXicon's (I should know after nominating him for Best Writer in the GKA thread) was Rachel's. There was no dialogue in it at all but found strength in its powerful descriptions. A job well done. As GaroXicon maintained in the opening post, everyone who submitted deserves a pat on the back.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Skyloft eh? No, I think I am out for this one. I have SS but I barely played it a few hours, so I really can't picture Skyloft enough to be able to write a story. And so I am out and will instead support everyone else from the sidelines by reading and voting. ^^

And well, as to my vote. I really enjoyed every submission, I really did, as ALIT said, we have great writers here. Well, some of those submissions even brought tears to my eyes, particularly the closing of Rainy's and the content of HoT's story. And so my vote will go to HoT's. It's a sad story that let me envision that even monsters, or creatures enemy to Link or any other hero, have a heart and are not evil by design. It was a good ending seeing how Marvin the Moblin made a friend in Link.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Skyloft eh? No, I think I am out for this one. I have SS but I barely played it a few hours, so I really can't picture Skyloft enough to be able to write a story. And so I am out and will instead support everyone else from the sidelines by reading and voting. ^^

And well, as to my vote. I really enjoyed every submission, I really did, as ALIT said, we have great writers here. Well, some of those submissions even brought tears to my eyes, particularly the closing of Rainy's and the content of HoT's story. And so my vote will go to HoT's. It's a sad story that let me envision that even monsters, or creatures enemy to Link or any other hero, have a heart and are not evil by design. It was a good ending seeing how Marvin the Moblin made a friend in Link.

Silly just look some details up if you want and use it hahahaha!!

I loved all entries! I must say Lazarus had a great twist hahahahahahahhahaha!!

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Silly just look some details up if you want and use it hahahaha!!

I loved all entries! I must say Lazarus had a great twist hahahahahahahhahaha!!

Although I could do that, I think I will pass. I prefer to know facts from playing experiences, not by looking them up. Besides, I really think I will be concentrating on writing out the story that I want to self publish.

Anyway, Vee. You've played SS to the end, why not try entering this time? I am sure you'd bring something good to the table. ~Ats

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
So, can entries only be five-hundred words or less? Is that the limit, or the minimum? I'm only about half way through writing mine, and I'm already there. XD

Garo

Boy Wonder
So, can entries only be five-hundred words or less? Is that the limit, or the minimum? I'm only about half way through writing mine, and I'm already there. XD

Yeah, unfortunately. Like to keep them short to avoid making people read 5 or 6 entries that are 1000 words a piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom