• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The Minish Cap Introduction

C

chriscrk

I just started playing MC a couple of days ago (haven't finished it though), and I couldn't help but notice how similar the introduction video (which tells a past legend) is to the legend played out in Skyward Sword.

If you haven't seen it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45UmmCMASWs

The story is very similar, a world being swallowed by shadow (evil beings), a hero being sent from the skies, with a sword and banishing the evil in to the blade (resembling the Master Sword a lot in the pictures), and then the blade remaining on the surface land being protected by the people.

However, clear differences would be the fact that this hero was sent by the Piccori, non existing in SS as far as I'm concerned. Also, it depicts humans living on the surface when the "shadows" are over taking, but we know that when the shadows were taking over, Hylia sent the humans skyward to protect them and live in peace. There is also the mentioning of a light coming down with the hero, which in theory could be the Triforce that goes down to the surface towards the end of SS (but from what I've read so far, the light in MC isn't the triforce, but I'm not sure). And well, then there's also the fact that the blade is, supposedly, not the Master Sword, but the Piccori Blade... yet they have an extremely similar design, and when it breaks in MC, and you're trying to fix it, you do so in a very similar way than in SS (when actually creating the True Master Sword).

So idk, there are some differences, but it's very similar, and according to the timeline recently released, MC comes right after SS, so it fits well... What do you guys think?

I've actually been thinking that exact same thing for a while now, and I have an explanation for the whole lack of Piccori thing: it is stated throughout the game that the Piccori can only be seen by children. Also, I believe the Light Force is in fact the essence of Hylia. Also, where does it say humans were living on the Earth? And I do agree that the Piccori blade is the Master Sword. Glad to see someone else independently came up with the same theory I did :)

C

chriscrk

I've actually been thinking that exact same thing for a while now, and I have an explanation for the whole lack of Piccori thing: it is stated throughout the game that the Piccori can only be seen by children. Also, I believe the Light Force is in fact the essence of Hylia. Also, where does it say humans were living on the Earth? And I do agree that the Piccori blade is the Master Sword. Glad to see someone else independently came up with the same theory I did :)

Yeah, I haven't seen like anyone talk about this! Or at least I haven't found any threads, which I find weird, but well.
No no, they never state there are any humans, but in the pictures it shows humans escaping from the monsters. But that could mean nothing I guess. As Fi says, the oral way of passing down legends is the least reliable one, so some changes could be there which don't mean anything.

And yeah, I thought that could be the case, that they couldn't see the Piccori... but it seems a bit weird. They seem to be so important in MC, and if adults couldn't see them, how did they know it was them who sent the hero to save them.

Oh wait. I just realized a flaw lmao. I can't believe I didn't realize this, I've watched the video so many times... It says the Piccori brought the sword and light down for the Hero to use, not that the Hero descended from the sky with the sword/light.
Still... strikes a very strong resemblance, and as this introduction story seems to be presented orally (as opposed to say, the WW one where it's in writing which explains why it's so accurate to what happened in OoT), it could explain some parts which don't exactly fit in...

Y

Yeano

I think the Picori/Minish were used to explain things such as why rupees, hearts, etc. were in grass, pots, etc. Therefore, I think they are intended to be in every Zelda game, whether or not you see them.

As for the Picori Blade being the Master Sword, I disagree with that conclusion.

At the end of Skyward Sword, the Master Sword was not placed in a box full of monsters. Furthermore, the Master Sword was not a gift from the Minish. Next, we see that it would be very strange for the Master Sword to be turned into the Four Sword which has the power to split its wielder into four, and then suddenly lose that property and name for Ocarina of Time and the games which follow, only for it to magically regain its name and power later in Four Swords Adventures. While it would be nice to think that they could be the same sword, there are just too many inconsistencies.

TNinja

Of the Gorons
Yeah, i had this same theory, but i don't think the legend is actually the story of SS because the picori blade was given to a human on earth, it never said that the hero came from the sky, but the people who live in cloud tops might be the skylosftians

C

chriscrk

Yeah, what you say makes sense.
It's just a similar design in the end, but that doesn't have to mean anything I guess.

Reading in to it more, it does seem like they're not the same story really. As you point out, there are inconsistencies with what happens with the sword (Picori blade is destroyed and turned in to Four Sword, resulting in there being no Master Sword, which wouldn't make sense based on where the game is placed on the timeline now).

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
That's true huh? I'm guessing that the prequel to Minish Cap is also the sequel to Skyward Sword. Like a few years after Link finds the Triforce and kills Demise, there's a new threat and the Picori appear with what may eventually become the Picori Blade. Or something like that.

Pie Master

Master of cakes and pies
Somewhere in the jungles of Qoetzacotloal's
The Four Sword might as well be the Master Sword, even if not used, the multiplying feature might still be there, and as for placing in the box, the Master Sword has always been know for its sealing capabilities ...
It could have just been "upgraded" by the Minish, and people thought it was made by Minish

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
The Four Sword might as well be the Master Sword, even if not used, the multiplying feature might still be there, and as for placing in the box, the Master Sword has always been know for its sealing capabilities ...
it could have just been "upgraded" by the Minish, and people thought it was made by Minish

The two swords are just too different to be the same, not even a remote chance, it is one of the many legendary blades that aare found through the series, saying the two are the same is like saying the Lokomo sword is the master sword reforged by the Lokomo, not even a remote chance

Last edited by a moderator:

Smoore

The Rational Theist
The Minish Cap came some time after Skyward Sword, probably at least a few centuries later.

Interesting theory. After rewatching the introductory video to the Minish Cap, I find myself strongly agreeing.

"The tiny Picori appeared from the sky, bringing the hero of men a sword and a golden light".

That sword is clearly the Master Sword whose creation was chronicled in Skyward Sword. The light is another item whose significance and creation was detailed in Skyward Sword-the Triforce.

This is proven by this opening image:

vHDR

Driving out the darkness is a bit more on the vague side, however, it certainly could be interpreted as Link's triumph over Demise and Ghirahim. Also, logic supports the claim that the Master Sword was put to rest in a pedestal awaiting its next use. This debunks the part of your theory that believes the Picori Blade is the Master Sword. In my opinion, the two blades are entirely different and the Master Sword lies dormant in the Temple of Time until Link requires its use in Ocarina of Time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom