• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The "Legend" of Zelda Explained in Skyward Sword

Z

Zelda_Austria

If the new spoilers of 4chan are really true, the whole story of the series (the legend) would be explained. (Zelda's wish to be together with Link forever -> Ganondorf as their connector.)

So the legend in other words: Once upon a time there lived a princess who had 1 wish free. With that single wish she unintentionally started a series of gruesome events by making an ancient demon (the pig Ganon) immortal (even when its possessed body dies).

Now my theory: I think the final boss and the master of Ghirahim is the pig-like demon Ganon. After he's defeated, the "pure evil" wanders into the desert and searches for a body. Btw Miyamoto only said that GanonDORF won't be in the game. But since Skyward Sword explains the future events Ganon has to be involved somehow.

What do you think?

So what about the games where Ganondorf doesn't bring Link and Zelda together? Minish Cap? Spirit Tracks? If this were the case then Link wouldn't be present in these games. I'm not convinced...

Z

Zelda_Austria

Hm well I think the Imprisoned is more like a pet of the dark tribe. A slave. And it would look weird if that mysterious black thing with that weird body turns into the pig-like thing of the intro

The Minish Cap leads me to another thing. Remember Four Swords Adventures? In the end after you defeat Vaati Ganon appears. What if Ganon possessed Vaati that time? Just a thought... And isn't Spirit Tracks a sequel of Wind Waker and PH? Because then they would have already been together before (Wind Waker), not because of Malladus. But I haven't played ST so I don't know it.

Last edited by a moderator:
How does it look like a pig? It's a smokey outline with three horns, two red eyes and a evily smiling mouth...

tloss.jpg

Couple this with the fact that Ganon, aside from the OoT version, has tusks, and not horns, given that he's a pig. Even Ghirahim, who we've seen in detail, only slightly resembles his intro drawing. Ganondorf is Ganon, they are one and the same, and Ganondorf first becomes Ganon in OoT when he calls upon the Triforce of Power to grant him the power to destroy Link. He gets it from the Triforce, not some spirit that's found his body.

Z

Zelda_Austria

ssbild1.jpg

You can clearly the 2 holes of the nose and outlines around it. The 2 horns on the side could also be ears (smokey outline) and the horn in the middle could be the horn of Ganon's red helmet (it's also a bit sharper than the other 2).

180px-Ganon_fsa.jpg

I see two noseholes yes, but that's it, there isn't any outline around it, in that picture there is but in the original there is not. Also, Ganon's ears always go down. Those two "ears" curve like horns do. And also like I said... Even Ghirahim who we've seen in perfect detail looks rather different from his paintwork look... It's a stretch at best so far.

Huh, it does vaguely resemble Ganon from the 2D Games...
Coincidence or clever foreshadowing?
Also, I don't really believe those "rumors" are anything more than just trolls messing with people who anticipate the game, since the spoilers either contradict what was confirmed or were written as though they were guesses. Besides, it's 4chan.
Also, Ganon exists solely so Link and Zelda will re-meet until they can have their happily ever after? Somehow I don't see that being the reason Ganon exists.

Last edited:

Night Owl

~Momentai
I don't think that ending is plausible. Zelda would more likely wish to merge Skyloft and the land below, Or That a hero would arise if evil claimed the Triforce. So far, from what I've seen, I don't think Zelda would make a selfish wish like that.

Nintendo isn't going to spoil the ending, But any attempts to guess it should be just speculation. We just have to be patient and find out when the game is released.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
This game could explain how the series got its name and why every regal generation has named their princess "Zelda." That is pretty much it from what I can see, as I already have my own thoughts on the final boss and battle...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom