• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art The Legend of Zelda: Dark Link's Rising Part I (Chapters 1)

iDarkLink

Sage of the Dark World
The Legend of Zelda: Dark Link's Rising Part I (Chapter 1)

Chapter I: The Dark Hero Rises​
"There it is, Link," said Midna. "The Master Sword."
Link walked up towards the Pedestal of Time, where the Master Sword has rested for centuries since the last Great Calaclysm of Hyrule. As he gripped the Master Sword, the fog of the Sacred Grove seemed to diminish slowly. But even though, Midna felt as if something ominous was near. She looked up, only to see the sun. A second later, she looked back at Link, the Master Sword held skyward. Link turned to face Midna.
"Come on, Link," said she. "let's get to the Gerudo Desert." Link nodded. Midna then placed the evil diamond shard onto Link's head, transforming him to his form of the sacred wolf. Midna then sat on Link's wolf body. She then warped them from the Sacred Grove to the Gerudo Desert. As soon as it started, it stopped. Link and Midna then landed onto the sweeping sand dunes of the Gerudo Desert.
"Now, onward to the Arbiter's Grounds!" exclaimed Midna. "Let's get to Zant!"
Just then, Link transfromed back to his human form, knocking Midna off his back, landing on the scorching sand. Annoyed, Midna looked up at Link, only to see a darker, red-eyed version of Link.
"W-Who are you?!" stammered Midna.
"I am the Hero of Hyrule," said the doppleganger. "I am Link."
"No you're not!" retorted Midna.
"My dear," said the evil Link. "I am the hero."
"No you're not," repeated Midna. "Where's Link?!"
"Oh, I'm sorry," snickered the dark figure. "You must have me confused with the other Link." Just then, the dark Link snapped his fingers, revealing a portal showing a wolf chained in a cell, unconsious. "You see, my little imp," sighed the dark man. "You freed me, not him. He was a floor below me. And to make matters even better," chuckled the doppleganger. "He is scheduled to be excuted in seven days time. Even if you free him, you won't be able to stop me, the powerful Dark Link!"
"You won't get away with this!" exclaimed Midna angirly.
Dark Link then laughed slowly. "That cliché never will get old. Now, if you'll excuse me, my Master will be needing me."
And at that, Dark Link then disappeared in a sandstorm of darkness.

Last edited:

iDarkLink

Sage of the Dark World
The Legend of Zelda: Dark Link's Rising Part I (Chapter 2)

Chapter 2: The Wolf's Greatest Escape​

Link awoke abruptly as the sound of the bars on his cell were rattled.
"Oi, dog!" yelled the guard. "Time for you to eat!" the guard then slipped a small bowl of foul-smelling dog food into the cage next to Link. Link got to his paws and began to eat at the horrible food.
It may taste like goat droppings, but it's better than starving to death, thought Link as he chewed at the slop. As he finished eating, the guard left. Link then laid back down. Just as he was on the verge of consiousness, the sond of a small pop awoke him. He looked up and saw a small, floating imp staring at him. A mask covered part of her face.
"Link," the creature exclaimed happily. "Thank Nayru I found you!"
How does she know my name, thought Link, confused. A second later, the door to his cage was flug open and his chain on his paw broken. Happily, Link barked his gratitude to the imp.
"shush!" whispered the girl urgently. "Follow me." She floated towards him and she held a dark, omonious looking shard. She touched it to Link's head. A second later, Link found himself back in his old body.
"W-What just happened?" stammered Link, dumbstrucked.
"No time to explain," said the creature. "just follow me." The imp then floated out of the cell and down the corridor. "Im Midna, by the way." she added.
Link followed Midna as she went down the halls. Eventually, she stopped above what appeared to be a hole in the ground. "This leads to the catacombs under the castle, Link," said Midna. "C'mon!" She floated down the hole, Link right behind her. Link followed her as she rushed deep into the catacombs. After what felt like a half an hour, she stopped.
"Wait here, Link." said Midna. She then floated through the wall beside her, then reappeared, smiling. "Hyrule Fields is just through here."
"How are we going to get through the wall though?" panted Link. Midna stared at Link.
"I have an idea, Link." she said. She floated over to him, and touched the back of his neck. Sunddenly, Link felt as if he was a ghost. "Go ahead through the wall, Link." Midna said.
Link then sprinted to the wall, his eyes closed,expecting the impact. But the impact didnt come. A second later, he felt the wind on his face and fresh air fill his nostrils. He opened his eyes and saw the beautiful Hyrule Fields in front of him. Suddenly, the ghostly feeling he had vanished. He turned around, seeing Midna.
"It worked," she exclaimed. "Now, we don't have much time, Link. We need to get to Ordon Village. I'll fill you in on the way."

Last edited:

iDarkLink

Sage of the Dark World
The Legend of Zelda: Dark Link's Rising Part I (Chapter 3)

Chapter 3: The Wind Mage's Resurrection​
The doppelganger walked up towards the seal his master has been trapped in for nearly a millenia. He stared at the mythical For Sword resting in its pedestal, holding his master hostage. He gripped then the sword.
"Master Vaati," Dark Link said slowly. "You have been held in your prison for far too long. You shall be freed and darkness shall reign once more in Hyrule." He then lifted the Four Sword from its resting place. "This Great Cataclysm shall not be stopped!"
Just then, a dark cloud came from the seal. It then turned into a hideous, circular body, a single eye nearly as big as itself. Wings protruded from its sides like a keese. Dark Link then placed the Four Sword down and bowed to the monster. "Welcome back, Master Vaati." he said respectfully.
"You may rise, Dark Link," said Vaati. "You have been loyal to me for as long as I can remember. I thank you."
"All for darkness, Master." chuckled Dark Link. "My sinister plan was a success. I not only freed you, but my disguise was perfect. The three gods of the provinces could see through it. Nor could the Master Sword." Dark Link then unsheathed the Master Sword.
Vaati stared bewildered at the sword. "Well done, Dark Link. Well done, indeed."
"I sense that this sword has lost its true power," stated Dark Link. "It cannot tell who is evil or good anymore."
"It is because that sword has been in existance since before I was born," said Vaati. "No wonder this sword is weak." Vaati then turned his monsterous eye to Dark Link. "I have a task for you, Dark Link."
"What is it, Master Vaati?"
"I wish to regain my old body again," said the eye Wind Mage. "I have grown tired of this hideous body. I ask that you bring me to the Triforce. It has the power to grant the wish of anyone who touches it. Will you take on this task?"
Dark Link then nodded to Vaati and bowed down again. "As you wish, Master."

iDarkLink

Sage of the Dark World
Explaination of Small Chapters

I have the entire story written down on notebook paper. But I plan on posting chapters 4-6 together sometime today or tomorrow. And if you're wondering, I'm going by the Hyrule Historia timeline, so if I make a sequel, It HAS to be FSA.
Btw: Part I has 6 chapters. Part II has 5 chapters. And Part III has 7 chapters and an epolouge.
Thanks for reading and giving a positive feedback, Zelda101. :)

These chapters are small, as you might have noticed. Sorta like the Da Vinci Code book, some chapters are short and some chapters are long.
Since the chapters are so short this could be a childrens book almost. xd

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom