• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds The Legend of Hilda -SPOILERS-

So after finishing A link Between worlds I see HUGE potential for a new game. This could be a full spinoff or just part of the zelda timeline. At the end of ALBW The Triforce is returned to Lorule and Ravio is revealed to be the hero. This creates the same cycle of evil and heroism that exists in Hyrule. There will always be a recurring evil, a princess Hilda, and a hero Ravio. The triforce could be based on 3 totally new characteristics. The next games could take place solely in Lorule after the rebuild and establishment of Power in Hilda's government. They could be many many years after, just referencing legend about Lorule on the brink of demise. They could show similar events to hyrule, like those of wind waker and majora's mask, or create completely new stories. The gameplay could be extremely similar or very different from combat in Hyrule. Either way these games could be AMAZING! What do you guys think? post your ideas below!!

Great idea!! An opportunity for an entirely new story/timeline to be built. Just now with brunettes rather than blondes. :)

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I don't see this happen. The idea would be cool but I doubt Nintendo will have a Legend of Hilda series. It would be too much Legend of Zelda based. Don't get me wrong I like the idea but I don't see it happen

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
The concept of a game centered around Lorule, though as interesting as it may be, is unlikely -- even as a spin-off. If anything, it'd just be there to expand on ALBW's and possibly ALttP's story/backstory. I'm sure many fans would be entertained by it, but I'm positive this isn't on Nintendo's mind right now. If a fan wants to go ahead and make a fan-game, then I'm all for it, otherwise no thank you.

A cool idea but a spinoff and a completely new timeline would likely be met with a lot of negativity, partly because the current timeline still has a lot of potential theoretically unlimited potential, also the main consumers of the zelda franchise are sensitive to changes and I don't think the majority would except a legend of Hilda spinoff, not at this time at least, but I can see her character maybe making a return in the future, Hilda is definitely an important enough character to get a second appearance.

A cool idea but for now the odds are very much against it.

L

LinksAwakened

I think this is an awesome idea! What about instead of a game in just Lorule where you play as Ravio, the game could take place in both worlds similar to A Link Between Worlds? When you are in Hyrule you play as Link, when in Lorule you play as Ravio. It would be cool to see the two team up together to save both worlds.

Something like this could possibly work for a small downloadable title, particularly if there was a desire to create a "Zelda" game without having any lore issues, but I don't see this happening for a major entry in the series. The name "Legend of Zelda" sells copies alone; if you change that, even if game play is nearly identical, I promise that the title would be less successful.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Why would an evil pop up though? Only those with the blood of the goddess and spirit of the hero will have an evil popping up. Hilda and Ravio are neither. Plus Ravio even calls himself a coward...

I could see it being a cool spinoff game but nothing more

Why would an evil pop up though? Only those with the blood of the goddess and spirit of the hero will have an evil popping up. Hilda and Ravio are neither. Plus Ravio even calls himself a coward...

I could see it being a cool spinoff game but nothing more

The entire story of ALBW shows that an evil can "pop up" in Lorule. There were wars which led to the destruction of the Triforce. Hilda decided to use any means necessary to retrieve Hyrule's Triforce. The game ends on a good note, but clearly Lorule has its troubles, and probably its own evils.

In any case, I agree with your last statement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom