• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The last Zelda

If (god forbid) the time came where the next Zelda would be the last Zelda then what would you want?

This isn't a thread just to list what you've always wanted from a Zelda game, but more of a chance to mention more overarching aspects of a would-be final game.

For example, would you like the last Zelda to truly take risks, break the mold and go futuristic or heavily steampunk, or look like an ATLUS or Square Enix RPG?

Would you like it to be more of a greatest hits experience and have every character be a returning face or name, with locations heavily inspired by everything that had come before?

Would you like it to be a multiplayer experience or keep it solo?

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
If it were to be the last Zelda game, I would want them to make it kind of a last hurrah reboot type of thing. By this I mean, make the game super long and open, and use it to cover everything that Zelda has to offer in one game. Zelda has so many items, relics and locations that are great, and if they were to just use the source material they have created over the many years into one super Zelda game. I thing I could be amazing.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
TP would have been a wonderful last hurrah. I've always seen it as a homecoming for the series, a little like of what Snake described.
Ever since Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, Zelda fans seem split. Both hating the opposite game. I like them both, but no one else seems to agree. Am I alone?

Reactions: Doc

TheRockinStallion

If I'm not back in 15 minutes, just wait longer!
Didn't we cover that already? I'M A DUDE!
Ever since Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, Zelda fans seem split. Both hating the opposite game. I like them both, but no one else seems to agree. Am I alone?
You are not alone!! I finished WW not long ago and just started TP last night. Personally, I really like the dichotomy of having a cartoonish Zelda game followed by the most realistic one. Those being the only 2 non-port zelda games on the GameCube.

ILU

i luv u
I would want the last Zelda to be a launch title. Not a rushed/ported launch title like TP, but a game specifically designed with the system in mind from top to bottom.

Zelda keeps getting released at the end of a console's lifespan, and each time it happens I feel jipped and think, "If they just waited a few months or maybe a year, it could've been THIS much better."

For example, Skyward Sword's art. I never really cared much about Zelda and graphics except when it came down to style-heavy titles like TWW or SS. TWW's flat cel-shading didn't need high-end graphics power for its style, so it looks (and still looks) amazing. Then SS came out and WOWOWEEEE! beautiful! BUTBUTBUT that specific, painted, impressionist art style looks a bazillion times better in HD. And then the Wii U came out and I was kinda ticked. I would've been fine waiting. :/

But it's not just visuals. I feel like they toy with new ideas in a new game, but those aren't really brought to their real potential until the NEXT game. Motion controls are a good example of that. I guess, to me, it seems like Nintendo is timid about new ideas in Zelda and tends to take baby steps.

Have a second quest mode where you play as Shigeru Miyamoto!!! :)

LOL, I think that would be perfect. I know there's a lot of argument out there about who Link is as a character, but knowing the history of the game, you are not alone in suspecting that he is Miyamoto.

If it makes you feel any better, I love both games as well. Both of them bring a different feel to the series.

As for what I'd want in some sort of "final" game? I would hope for a game that brings some closure to the whole Link and Zelda vs. Ganondorf deal.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

I never hated WW, I loved it but I cant say I like that art direction.

MM and OOT had a certain look to them which WW went in a completely different direction to. It looked very not like Zelda when it came out so the backlash was inevitable.

TP brought the look and feel back but on a more modern console so it looked so good at the time. When you see the reaction to its E3 2004 reveal the audience went absolutely wild. This was the Zelda game they had been craving ever since OOT. It looked Like the Zelda they knew and loved, only better. It had that epic scale to it. It was the spiritual successor to the greatest game of all time OOT and it was loved by critcs and by the majority of the 7million people who played it.

Nintendo has not satiated the appetite of fans of that type of Zelda game since 2006. OOT and TP are the main games in the series that make me think of Zelda and what the franchise is at its core and I know a lot of fans feel the same way. There is a reason that sales were low for WW and why they were low for SS in comparison to OOT and TP because many fans, myself included, wanted and still do want more more of TP type of Zelda game.

I think there would be less of the WW bashing if the TP side actually got another game, WW fans have been given quite a few toon games in the same style and tone that WW was which is making things unbalanced.

Healbot884

Founder of the Church of Tingle.
Your definitely not alone. I enjoy the Wind Waker and Twilight Princess equally. Both games are fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom