• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The Imprisoned, Ghirahim's Master..? My Views on It Inside!

So I posted a replied to a comment on my news post earlier and had a reply back saying I should post this as a thread and as my third post I hope I'm doing this right. I spend half my day writing news posts for the site and correcting each paragraph a thousand times just to let other people still find errors in them so I may just going to use * points as I did with my introduction.

*Ghirihim refers to himself as Lord Ghirihim.
*Ghirihim says he wants to release his master.
*We now know the giant black thing is in fact The Imprisoned.
*People argue whether or not IT is infact Ghirihim's master.
*He is called the Imprisoned for a reason...
*He may have been cursed or defeated once before and his TRUE from was IMPRISONED into what we see now doomed to be locked in the part of Faron Woods we see him in.
*People have stated we will fight him several times through out the game.
*Ghirihim wants to use Zelda to unleash the true form of what we see now as The Imprisoned.
*The Imprisoned's true self could be the giant flying thing we seen in the 3ds conference trailer
*Nintendo could pull a twist and make Ganon / Malladus be the True form of the Imprisoned.
*They HAVE pulled a twist like this before.
*Ganondorf gives himself the title of King
*Lords work for their King
*All of the bosses we have seen in the Zelda series so far could all be apart of this hierarchy known as the dark tribe.
*They all refer to themselves as Lords or Kings
*They all seem to have similar power while Ganon being the only one with power from the triforce.
*In a weird theory Majora could be the demon or devil all the evil dark lords and kings worship to originally get their power.

Just some thoughts.!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
...bulletpoint isn't the best way to lay out your post there. Better to arrange it and structure it into paragraphs. :P Also, good idea to tag a thread like this with a spoiler prefix.

Anyway, getting into your ideas here... As I've stated in my videos, I think The Imprisoned is Ghirahim's master. I thought so before, but I think the name really kinda finalizes it. The fact that it's called The Imprisoned while Link also has a vision about it before ever seeing it really fits in flawlessly with it being Ghirahim's master and makes very little sense otherwise... especially since it was trying to eat Zelda. That section of Faron Woods is the Sealed Ground (or we think it is, anyway). When was it stated that we'd fight him repeatedly? That was said of Ghirahim (well, they said we'd see Ghirahim a lot, not fight him a lot), but I don't remember it being explicitly stated of The Imprisoned.

Ganon is confirmed by Nintendo to not be in this game. No theory involving him making a personal appearance can work. The Dark Tribe is clearly a driving force behind the darkness in the Zelda series, but they were essentially broken when they were sealed in the Twilight Realm; essentially after Skyward Sword's plot, the Dark/Demon Tribe can't have any real power, so the villains of the series being members of the Tribe makes no sense. Majora's inclusion also operates entirely under the assumption that Majora or any other Majora's Mask characters or elements are relevant to the series outside of that one side-game, a concept which is, so far, false.

They HAVE pulled a twist like this before.
When?

My question to you is this, did Ghirahim say release, revive, or resurrect? I've seen people saying that he said any of the three, mostly revive and resurrect though, so unless he said release I would doubt the Imprisoned being Ghirahim's master. Released makes it seem much more likely, revive could be, by a stretch, meaning turning it back, but resurrect is dead or destroyed only. I mentioned this in another thread. And I think the Imprisoned's name just comes from the simple fact that he was found in the Sealed grounds and was supposed to stay there but I'm guessing Link releases it somehow on accident. As far as it being in the dream? could the prophecy like dream not be triggered by Zelda? A very important part of the puzzle and his childhood friend? Basing this prophetic dream on Ocarina of Time's dream is taking a risk seeing as they are different games and just because something happened one way in another game doesn't mean it will in this one. The Imprisoned strikes me more as the large, unintelligent, attack servant of the bad guys more than anything. I mean if it was the master then would Ghirahim be commanding it? That would be kind of odd wouldn't it? A servant commanding his master until his master's changed back? It sounds far-fetched when said like that . Anyway, this is just my thoughts on it. I can't prove it isn't, and I can't prove it is, but I'm leaning towards the not.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
[They HAVE pulled a twist like this before]
When?

Umm, the dark world in AlttP (after defeating what looked like the final boss Agahnim), Ganon's takeover after the first 3 dungeons in OoT, Ganondorf controlling Zant in TP, and a lot more in other Zelda games...

But for the main post, they already confirmed that Ganon/dorf will not appear in SS.

The only twist that caught me off guard was Ganondorf in Twilight Princess, and maybe Ganon showing up after killing Vaati in Four Swords Adventures. As far as it being a twist in A Link to the Past, I never really saw it that way, I mean that was waaaaaaaay too quick for a Super Nintendo game and being pulled into the Dark World made sense seeing as how you had to get the mirror to come back and the orb that let you retain your shape. It'd be ridiculous to get it and not have it be of use.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
One interesting thing I'd like to point out is something from the latest info we've received.

We will fight The Imprisoned several times during the game. They suggest he wasn’t totally sealed, explaining why he appears in a twisted, incomplete beast-like form.

This gives some slight support to the theory that the Imprisoned is an incomplete form of Ghirahim's master, something I've been shunning for the past couple of weeks. I'm not completely convinced, but I can't deny this piece of information.

It still just sounds like a deformed beast more than a master to me. But if there was actually any kind of evidence for it being so that would be the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom