• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda (THE IMPOSSIBLE)A Cooperative Zelda Game With Link and Zelda!?

TMLink76240

Travis Mask
Not saying it will ever happen, I'm asking how would such a thing come about?(and I'm not speaking of anything like the FS or FSA):O
I know many will think of it as impossible, but I want to know what you think would make such a thing as cooperative gameplay with Zelda and Link.:rolleyes:
Now you understand this thread, throw your deep thoughts here....gogo! :party:Let's get creative!:):yes:

P

PaisCharos

It would be neat to have something where you play through Link and Zelda's separate adventures, until the end where they meet and work together. Maybe that part could be done RPG-style....sort of, heh. Maybe not turn based, but where, depending on the situation, you can switch between the two. That would be a fun way to introduce alternate endings, too. But these are just thoughts on the fly, not sure how feasible they'd be for actual gameplay.

Big Octo

=^)
As Xyphon mentioned, we have already seen this concept in Spirit Tracks, so I guess you could say that this concept isn't really "impossible." :P

As for ideas, I'd like to see something along the lines of ST, but expanded upon. Give Zelda more unique abilities that make her required for more puzzles and varied combat. Another addition I'd like to see is making it two-player, because why not?

pkfroce

Skelepuns
Spirit Tracks had it, but I would love to see the whole game like that, but in a much better way. Like no switching between them or something I don't know.

TMLink76240

Travis Mask
Hhmmmm......There would have to be a way to play solo and coop.........There could be a solo or coop option at the beginning when your creating a profile(filling a slot), something you can't change later on on that profile(slot).

It would be neat to have something where you play through Link and Zelda's separate adventures, until the end where they meet and work together. Maybe that part could be done RPG-style....sort of, heh. Maybe not turn based, but where, depending on the situation, you can switch between the two. That would be a fun way to introduce alternate endings, too. But these are just thoughts on the fly, not sure how feasible they'd be for actual gameplay.

:yes:
This is one of the thoughts of why I brought this up.)

Have you ever played Spirit Tracks...?

XD
:P I haven't played ST, or PH; I'm fearful of them.......

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It hasn't been done...ST was Link and the Phantom. Anyway, this is a good idea, but enemy AI would need to be considerably boosted in order for a dual-character Zelda game to be worthwhile.

TMLink76240

Travis Mask
I think the enemies need to be more damaging than the recent Zelda games(unlike SS#2Q**not quite as mean but as mean with something that would be that mean****)

3D Sequel to four swords?
Choose from all of the OOT sages and save the Sacred Realm? 1-4 player co-op?
Play as servents of the goddess in the civil war that happened before SS?
Play as demons in the civil war that happened before SS?
Play as the royal family and go through building hyrule castle and hyrule castle town? (in like a collect mats during quests to upgrade the castle and town)

TMLink76240

Travis Mask
3D Sequel to four swords?
Choose from all of the OOT sages and save the Sacred Realm? 1-4 player co-op?
Play as servents of the goddess in the civil war that happened before SS?
Play as demons in the civil war that happened before SS?
Play as the royal family and go through building hyrule castle and hyrule castle town? (in like a collect mats during quests to upgrade the castle and town)

All great ideas, but I'm curious to your ideas of gameplay that would go with each.

Like an upgraded version of Spirit Tracks? I'm all for it.

They've made a sorta upgraded version of ALttP, so why not?

I designed a new idea for a Zelda game totally based on this co-operative play with Zelda/Ganondorf and Link.
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45986

The TLDR of it is this.

In Dungeons Link finds vision points where he can have a vision of the sacred realm or dark realm. In a vision of the sacred realm you control Zelda and do things. And in a vision of the dark realm you control Ganondorf and do things. Sure it's not Link and Zelda at the exact same time but you do get to play as all 3 in the same game at different points.

Zurriel

BeStrongandofgoodCourage!
Well I would mind it at all, might be fun!

I was hoping Skyward sword would have something similar. For some reason I thought that after you won the game you could play as Zelda during her adventure on the surface...but that ended up just being a bunch of cut scenes. Seriously that would solve a lot of Fan issues. The people like me who want Link the main character would still have him and the people who want Zelda playable would also have have, it's a win win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom