• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Highlight of Your Year?

Sadia

Have a Punderful Day!
One of the reasons I love New Year's is because it's all about reflecting on the year that just passed and remembering the good stuff. So yeah, what was your favourite part of 2014?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Finally ditching the waste of space i had for a girlfriend waaaay back in April. She still texts me asking for favors. I send pictures of baleful cats with various variations on no.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Graduation, without a doubt. That feeling of finally being free, realizing the whole world is now in your hands... it's unbeatable. Haven't yet figured out if it's a good feeling though.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Finally ditching the waste of space i had for a girlfriend waaaay back in April. She still texts me asking for favors. I send pictures of baleful cats with various variations on no.

Listen man. I know you're flabbergasted that your girlfriend could possibly want things from you, but you have to realize that she is disadvantaged by society on multiple levels. Simply by walking outside, she is assaulted by catcalling and potential criminals who want nothing but to lust after her. So when she asks you for a little favor here and there, you are allowed to decline but do it respectfully.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Hmmm this year was very tough for me. I lost the person I loved the most on wednesday august the 27th around 8.50am in the morning in my presence and it still hurts today but I gained a sister. My brother who is transgender is now finally a sister but she still has complications. Still this is the biggest highlight of my year which was far from good.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Hmmm this year was very tough for me. I lost the person I loved the most on wednesday august the 27th around 8.50am in the morning in my presence and it still hurts today but I gained a sister. My brother who is transgender is now finally a sister but she still has complications. Still this is the biggest highlight of my year which was far from good.

I wish you all of the best in this life and other. I know you've gotten this a lot but I am very sorry for your loss and I wish I could do something to help you out.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
I watched the entirety of Buffy the Vampire Slayer AND Angel all during the summer.

Also, I realized how much I like singing.

Took a week off of work and went to Chicago last January and got to see lots of old friends. Spent a weekend at a cabin in Yosemite with a few of my closest friends. Had a fair bit of work done on my house. Bought my Wii U and had a "Mario Kart Party" at my house with friends. Got surprised at work with a nice bonus and a hefty raise. Took a road trip to Colorado for a retreat. Met my best friend, he moved in with me. It's hard to believe 2014 went by so quickly!

I can't really think of any particular moment that stood out to me over the past year. I guess the winter was nice; we got a lot of snow and I got a couple of weeks out of school.

Pen

The game is on!
2014 I started listening to Elton John and went to one of his concerts, I graduated, I watched Avatar: The Last Airbender, I moved from my parents' house to a new town, I started studying at a university, and I started watching Anime.

I honestly can't pick out just a single highlight from last year. :D

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Hosting Christmas for my entire family, for the first time, and spending loads of time with my niece and nephew. Making the dinner was a little stressful, can't mess up a Christmas dinner, but was so nice and so much fun! :) Definitely a highlight. I liked playing hostess, too! Don't want to do it every year, but maybe every other year!

Isaac

Doesn't have internet
Probably the homecoming dance. I danced with my girlfriend for the first time. She broke up with me a few days later, but I still think it was memorable enough to say it was the highlight of my year.

Getting dumped by my crappy job into another crappy job that led to the job I have now, which I adore. Overall 2014 started awful and ended...well, still awful, but it was a heck of a time in between those two lows!

Last year was terrible for me. Death was running rampant, I lost my apartment and had to move in with my moody, overbearing older sister for a while, lived in a crappy, albeit deceptively expensive motel for two weeks—it goes on and on. Despite all that, I'd say that the highlight of my year was making leaps and bounds with getting over the death of my brother. I'm still working my ass off and doing whatever I can to distract myself from thinking about it, but I feel as though I improved a lot—emotionally—by the end of last year. I went from planning suicide on my birthday (Nov. 10th) to deciding to fight on for my and my brother's sake (my brother died with a lot of things left unsaid), and that to me is the highlight of the century.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom