• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The height of rudeness!!

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
One thing that is rude but not talked about much is the urinal etiquette
06e311c8577ca4a1a46d49ad9b9819707be74669r1-480-854v2_uhq.jpg

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I can’t believe you guys have to do that! that concept has always been SO weird to me. can’t imagine peeing in front of a complete stranger like that, I’d be so creeped out.
I mean we don't stand behind them waiting :crylaugh:
we use the urinals next to it, and we usually leave one or more vacant in-between to give each other some space/privacy

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
I can’t believe you guys have to do that! that concept has always been SO weird to me. can’t imagine peeing in front of a complete stranger like that, I’d be so creeped out.
Right?? Im out here choosing the stall furthest from any person at a sink so there's no possibility they'll see through the crack in the door, meanwhile dudes will casually just go there while standing with each other. Unreal

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Having anything not an emergency phone call in front of other people. In my family growing up, all calls were private. Pre cell phones, you'd have your landlines somewhere out of the way and ask others to stay away while you're using it. With cell phones, you go to another room, close the door. You do not ask to listen, ever.

Everyone else just has loud, personal conversations in front of other people. I don't like eavesdropping on private things and now you're forcing me to listen. And others expect you to make calls in front of them so they can hear. Um... no?

My boyfriend's family, which we are stuck with because they are charging us five times less than the worst apartment, will shout every word into their phone for hour long personal and private conversations, all year, every day, multiple times a day, in the most acousticly amplifying room in the middle of the house, so the whole house can hear it. Maddening.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
oh I know, but still. like, why do you guys not get to be surrounded by privacy walls..? I just don’t get it
I am actually transgender and intersex. I used to use the men's restrooms now only women's as I don't look or sound like a guy at all anymore and it's actually unsafe for me to be in there.

Experiencing both rooms is very weird. Men's urinals were always just bizarre to me. Just... pull it out in front of everyone? For everyone to see? Worse for trough urinals. No dividers, all just go in a giant metal thingie. And toilet stalls? In the men's room, higher walls with larger floor gaps and wider wall gaps. because.... Americans are weird pervs I guess?

Both get messy, just in different ways. Men's stalls are usually cleaner, but the urinals have frequent.... uhm... missed targets. So the area by them needs to have a rubber floor mat to mitigate it. Not all do and certain locations are nastier overall. You do see exceptions but that's what I see in general.

Grogson

Treasure...dog!
Speaking of public phonecalls, when people decide to have videocalls on the bus, escalator or other places where people will likely be close behind them i.e be visible on the screen. I don't wanna be part of your call.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Speaking of public phonecalls, when people decide to have videocalls on the bus, escalator or other places where people will likely be close behind them i.e be visible on the screen. I don't wanna be part of your call.
oh my god they do it in the shop at work in the background the staff are like ughhhhh.....

Pokémaniac13

Triforce Champion
I am actually transgender and intersex. I used to use the men's restrooms now only women's as I don't look or sound like a guy at all anymore and it's actually unsafe for me to be in there.
The perfect example of American bathrooms! Thank you for your service, oh great one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom