• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Gorons, the Zora's and All the Other Races: Where Did They Come From?

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
We all know the possibilities of the Skyloftians migrating down to the world below and becoming ancestors of the Hylians, but where do the other races fit in? It would be pretty hard to believe that the Skyloftians also one day decided hey let's eat rocks and morphed into Gorons, or they spent so much time in the water they morphed into Zora's.

So where did these guys come from? The Gerudo, the Kokiri, the Zora's and the Gorons were all present in Ocarina of Time. Do these races already reside on the land below without and unification? Or are they known in Skyloft and migrated down later on with the Skyloftians? One thing doesn't fit though, the Gerudos and the Kokiri are very human-like. Could they have migrated from somewhere other than Skyloft and decided to settle down?

I personally think that the Zora's and the Gorons always lived on the land below as sort of wild and more animal like without a social structure. The Zora's also have a Royal Family type thing, and I think this might have been established as the Skyloftians migrated down. I think the Gerudo's might have been there all along or came from some distant country. The hardest to fit in are the Kokiri. They obviously are an enchanted race, maybe they too were native to Hyrule and kept away in the forest.

What do you think? Discuss.

Last edited:
I think all of these races have been in Hyrule all along, or at least in 'the world below'. The Gorons might have been influenced by the Hylians to form their civilization, but the Zora's have been always been civilized, I think. The don't seem any less intelligent than the Hylians. I however doubt we'll see them in this game. I don't know why, but I have a feeling this game will feel more like an actual 3D version of the Minish Cap, so I think we'll largly see new races. At least, that's what I used to think, but with Aonuma saying this will be a big lead-up to OoT, I'm not sure anymore...

As for the Kokiri, they are a race of spirits living under protection of the Deku Tree. I don't believe they have ever lived differently from the way they live in OoT. In fact, they are probably the oldest race in all of Hyrule, and I don't think they've had enough contact with Hylians or other races to be influenced by them. I think they were simply created by the Deku Tree, and I think the Deku Tree is about the oldest creature in Hyrule. He might even have been directly created by Farore.
I'm almost completely sure the Kokiri will be in the game in some form or shape, and I think Link will be the first 'humanoid' creature they see. He saves them, they like him, and take the same kind of shape as Link, a humanoid figure, and copy his clothing to honor him. Or they just want to be like him :p. But either way they take a human shape from Link's example.

Hmm... I do agree with the Kokiri theory above me. Zoras could have been a civilized community that inspires the Skyloftians to form the Hylian Royal Family. The Shiekah, I do agree with them being members of the Dark Tribe, or Ghirahim's tribe if he's actually a member. As for Gerudo, I actually believe they might be descendants of the Dark Tribe who have remained distant from their Shiekah cousns and adapted to their desert family since they too use magic, have pointy ears, aren't humans of Hylian descent and such. Also, maybe it is my, but I've noticed that excluding Zelda's disguise as Shiek, I don't recall seeing a MALE Shiekah, though to be fair the only one we see is Impa, so I'm wondering if, like the Gerudo, they are mostly females.

But what of normal humans? Are they from some other country or did they live in Hyrule before it was called that, enslaved by the tribe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom