• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Ganon or How Many Ganons?

Hi zelda dungeon!

First of all, I dunno if I can post this in this section :D

well, some time ago I hear someone saying there is only one ganon and is the smae for all games, is not a crazy thing but ignoring all the coming games, it doesnt fit do well

Ganon appears (as a mayor character) in the following games: LoZ, Alttp, OoT, OoX, WW, FSA, and TP

here are the ones we can be completly sure are the same ganon:

Ganon from OoT, WW, and TP: I dont think we have big problems with this, but we have to think if ganon really dies in TP or WW

Ganon from FSA: "In this game, Ganon is referred to as a desert nomad, recently expelled from the Gerudo Tribe by breaking their taboo and exploring the Desert Pyramid"

Ganon from Alttp: "One day, quite by accident, a gate to the Golden Land of the Triforce was opened by a gang of thieves skilled in the black arts. This land was like no other. In the gathering twilight, the Triforce shone from its resting place high above the world. In a long running battle, the leader of the thieves fought his way past his followers in a lust for the Golden Power." (A Link to the Past manual)
he enters into the sacred realm and then he is sealed, and you know all the rest ;)

Ganon from LoZ: "Ganon, who had stolen the Triforce of Power attacked Hyrule in an attempt to steal the Triforce of Wisdom. He made his base of operations in Death Mountain under Spectacle Rock."

-the ganon from OoX have to be one of this, because is just resurected, it maybe the one from LoZ or Alttp, I think

So, there are many ganons like there are many links, or are all the same, and if they are, how can you connect em?

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
I generally believe there is only 3 ganons/ganondorfs through-out the entire timeline both the beginning and on both branches. those three at least as I see it are

Ganondorf I - this one appears in OOT, WW, and TP (could also be in OoX)

Ganondorf Dragmire - This is the one in the four swords adventures and A Link to the Past, (could also be in OoX)

and

Ganon - this one is hard to say it really depends on where you place the first and second games. to me its a new ganon because I place LoZ and AoL after ST. (could also be in OoX depending on where you place said games)

the only ones I find confusing are Ganon in OoX and in LoZ/AoL.

(I guess you could say the ganon in FSA is confusing as well but too me I always think of that one as the same in ALttP. Mainly do to similar art styles and too me close timeframes.)

Last edited:

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I don't really like to believe there is only one Ganon/dorf. I believe that Ganondorf from OoT and TP are the same, Ganondorf from OoT and WW are the same, and Ganon from ALttP, LoZ, and OoX are the same. So in reality, I believe in 2 Ganons (TP and WW Ganondorf are opposites on the timeline, so they are really the same). But I don't think that WW and TP Ganondorfs are dead yet. I believe if some evil power somehow removes, or a hero by accident, removes the Master Sword from Ganondorf's head in WW, he can continue to live. And in TP, I remember about how the Sages said he was blind, then the ToP gave him sight. So I think he might be temporarily unconscious, and became blind again.
I don't think that when you defeat Ganon in ALttP, he is killed. He is the same one that appears in LoZ, and he is really killed here. In AoL, the reseruction of Ganon fails, but succeeds when Twinrova, who I believe are descendants of Twinrova from OoT, try it. Then, he is killed again.

The problem is how the ganon of Alttp can be alive

The ganondorf from TP maybe is not dead, he had centainly a werid "death"

About the ganon from FSA, I think he can easly be the ganon from Alttp or the one from LoZ, because he is only locked in the pedestal of the four sword, and as we know, the seal comes weak with the time as it happened with vaati.
"In this game, Ganon is referred to as a desert nomad, recently expelled from the Gerudo Tribe by breaking their taboo and exploring the Desert Pyramid", if he is a nomad, can he be one of the previous ganons?

I would like to disscus the about this things:

1.-if the ganon of Alttp and the one from FSA is the same, which one comes first, FSA or Alttp?

2.-how can ganon survive in alttp? when link use the triforce to revive everybody, he cloud revive ganon in the ´process?

3.-which ganon is the one resurected by twinrova? it can be the one of Alttp or the one from LoZ?

4.-ganon dies at the end of OoX or he just disappears?

5.- what happens to ganondorf at the end of TP?

(...)but succeeds when Twinrova, who I believe are descendants of Twinrova from OoT, try it. Then, he is killed again.

maybe you can look at this? :)

http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?14840-The-Same-Twinrova-(-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom