• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern The FS Games in a Separate Timeline.

Do you guys think the Four Sword games should be in their own timeline instead of being put in the timelines all three are in? The Minish Cap is obviously the first one while Four Swords & Four Swords Adventures come afterwards. Putting FSA after TP in the Child Timeline makes no sense whatsoever since it looks more like it should be in the Fallen Hero Timeline instead. I remember saying that the Minish Cap shouldn't be put in the same timeline as SS & OOT since its placement made no sense whatsoever.

I think it's for the best if they put all three FS games in a different timeline altogether. That way their placements would make more sense than before.

Salem

SICK
I honestly would've liked it better if it there was a separate timeline that parallels the others, imagine Downfall timeline, Child timeline, Adult and finally the Fourswords timeline, but that might be too much

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Yes.

If you look at each individual game and how the intertwine with the other games, they simply don't serve any significance. I'll give an example: Ocarina of Time is very important as it is the source of the time split. Skyward Sword is important as it presents the series' prequel leading to proceeding events. Let's use an example where you have a similar mini-series so to say, The Wind Waker. This title is important because it shows the resulting effect of Link not being present and Ganon forcing the Gods to flood Hyrule. Yet the FS games don't really have this sort of ultimate significance other than connecting to one another, in which case, they should be together separated from the other games.

Each title fits in with another game and explains something in order to connect to another a game (however weak or strong that connection may be), but the FS series doesn't. Minish Cap--the first game--is placed in a rather interesting spot yet it doesn't do anything to expand on the foundations SS left behind. It's sequel [Four Swords] does nothing to set up the next set of events that lead into OoT. Then you have the oddest of them all, Adventures. This game follows the exact same pattern as the previous two, in story, in charterers, in villains, in lore, yet is placed, what we can only assume, is several thousands years ahead and after TP. There's a large disconnect present now, where it feels as if the world of Hyrule moved on from all the Four Swords lore--the Hero of Men, the Four Sword, Link Force, Vaati--and on to the more traditional stuff with Ganondorf, the Triforce, the Master Sword etc. It completely disregards this and jumps straight back into that era as if the stuff in between in irrelevant. It's like as if you have Medieval period, the Industrial Revolution, and the modern era we currently live in, then in 500 or so years we go back into the Medieval era without literally no explanation.

I've provided arguments before supporting FSA placement, I'm not one of those Timeline haters, but is it the perfect scenario? No. Preferably, the Four Swords games would be all together and away from the other games. Whether that's on a completely separate timeline or just segregated is another question. This mini series has its own understanding of Hyrule lore and thus should all be one.

Last edited:

Salem

SICK
Let's use an example where you have a similar mini-series so to say, The Wind Waker. This title is important because it shows the resulting effect of Link not being present and Ganon forcing the Gods to flood Hyrule. Yet the FS games don't really have this sort of ultimate significance other than connecting to one another, in which case, they should be together separated from the other games.
Okay, this is slightly off-topic but I think that the WW should have been the result of a "fallen hero" timeline, while the classic games should have followed after the "Adult" timeline but that's another topic

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
No. While indeed separating FS from FSA doesn't make sense, I'd rather they tie the elements together than permanently separate them. There have been hints at connections between the Light Force and the Triforce, and they deserve to be explored.

No. While indeed separating FS from FSA doesn't make sense, I'd rather they tie the elements together than permanently separate them. There have been hints at connections between the Light Force and the Triforce, and they deserve to be explored.

Actually there's absolutely nothing suggesting the Force Gem is related to the Triforce anymore than the Spirit of Goods. In fact there's more suggesting that the Light Force is more connected to the Spirit of Goods by the connection of the Force Gems. the Force Gems only appear in Four Swords and Four Swords Adventure and even Spirit Tracks. and their well integrated into the game. But regardless, i believe there was room to put them in a completely new timeline of their own....they present nothing but a little side story, but their only muddying up the the rest of the timelines.

I think the biggest problem however is FSA.....without it, the Vaati mini series can be integrated quite easily between SS and OoT

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
A better idea in my opinion would be to have them in the timeline where all the post-split timelines merged into one again, something happening to the Master Sword where the sword is replaced or becomes by the Picori Blade which then becomes the Four Sword in MC, and the Triforce is replaced or becomes the Lightforce as mentioned in MC. The timeline would make so much more sense that way.

Honestly, the idea of merging timelines is so complicated and odd...and i hate that they do that....its not really possible unless they pull a DC universe thing. There's plenty of room of moving the FS, FSA, and Minish Cap into their own timeline....

Right now, FSA isn't helping the child timeline....Minish cap only does is make an explanation for Vaati's origin (a poor one) and an even more poor explanation on how monsters came about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom