• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Four Sword is Quite Literally 4 Swords...

T

The Hero of Pie

I know what you're thinking, but I mean something very different. I've been reading timeline theories that have this order:

SS-MC-FS-OoT
OoT/MM-TP-FSA-ALttP

Now, let's go through the timeline. Skyward Sword fits in pretty well as Minish Cap's Backstory so far, right? But if the Skyward Sword becomes the Master Sword which is regarded by Hyrule as the Picori Blade, named after the creatures who supposedly brought the weapon to them, and when Vaati breaks it and Link restores it, it becomes the Four Sword, what do we have to conclude? They're all the same sword!

This is plenty confusing as it is, but wait! It gets WORSE! If the Four Sword is in the Four Sword Sanctuary sealing Vaati away in FS, how come in OoT it's the Master Sword in the Temple of Time? How is Vaati not released from the Master Sword if they are indeed the same sword? And after TP, the sword returns to being a seal on Vaati for FSA, and after it is sealed away under crystal in the Four Sword Sanctuary once more, how come it is in the Lost Woods, once more the Master Sword, in ALttP?

Areas that can be solved:
-FSA's Ganon is sealed by the Four Sword, and is stuck in the Sacred Realm, which sets up for ALttP.
-The Temple of Time may have been build over the Four Sword Sanctuary, and as the CT went on, the Sanctuary returned to its original state, and eventually became the Lost Woods.

Please discuss, I think this is a very interesting occurance. :cool:

S

SageOfDawn51

I don't mean to burst your bubble or anything, but is there really any evidence they are all the same?

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
SS does not fit MC's BS.
The PB can't be the MS. It has a completely different BS.
FSA is a direct sequel to FS.
I might not be following you correctly. Are you saying the PB split into four, and one of those was used to seal Vaati in FS, one was used to kill Ganondorf in OoT, and one was used to seal Ganon in FSA?

T

The Hero of Pie

I might not be following you correctly. Are you saying the PB split into four, and one of those was used to seal Vaati in FS, one was used to kill Ganondorf in OoT, and one was used to seal Ganon in FSA?

I'm suggesting that based on that timeline arrangement, all four swords would be the same. If SS is considered MC's backstory, which by some, it is, then the Master Sword and the Picori Blade would be the same weapon. Because the Skyward Sword turns into the Master Sword, and the Picori Blade turns into the Four Sword, all 4 could be considered one blade.

This was merely posted suggesting a continuity flaw in the specific timeline arrangement, not to say I think that they are all one blade.

David

But you called me here...
How can you connect the Picori Blade to the Master Sword? The Master Sword was not spawned by the Picori Blade. The Picori Blade was given to the people by the Minish. The Master Sword was forged by the sages/old men. The timeline inconsistencies have nothing to do with the sword. It has to do with the details given in each game and the manuals that correspond to them. The two swords are not the same. Plus... I distinctly remember the Four Sword being created by fixing the Picori Blade and infusing it with the four elements. The sole purpose of the Master Sword is to repel evil and it was created for that reason. Your logic is flawed because you said that they are the same blade. It is impossible. Have you seen the design differences between the Master Sword and the Picori blade? The design differences between the swords is a huge influence in the difference between the blades. Ever since the Master Sword has been introduced into the game, it has had roughly the same design. The Picori Blade that becomes the Four Sword looks completely different.

And the back story of the Minish Cap is not Skyward Sword. How could the people regard the Master Sword as the Picori Blade? It's illogical and impossible. Seeing as how we don't have any concrete evidence stating the placements of the games in the timeline, we cannot conclude that they are the same sword. There are too many things against your theory proving you wrong than there are for your theory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom