• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The Ending.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Well, it is absolutely ok to say goodbye from members of a fellowship after a great adventure. In my opinion, it was a Happy End in all ways, no one died, the evil was again, sealed away. If you haven't so far, play Twilight Princess. This game has a very melancholic ending.

I think that the ending is sad to the Twilight Princess because Link got very attached to Midna and then they get to say good bye. The stupid question that I have is why Midna said that they would see each other again but then she cracked the Mirror of Twilight so they couldn't see each other again. She also never finished her sentence.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Even after beating the game, my main memories were focused on the story prior to the ending. I'd forgotten how moving the final cutscenes were when they should've been the most memorable. Fi's farewell elicited a lot of sorrow from me as she spoke to Link. That was a very well-portrayed occurrence. I love how she maintained her robotic behavior by being unable to identify the feeling she felt at that moment (contentedness, even though she had to leave). Very poignant scene altogether; probably the saddest of the series for me.

Also, could someone tell me how Impa is supposed to die? Because before everyone returns to the future, Zelda removes one of her bracelets and gives it to the younger Impa, and when they get back to the present time the older Impa is alive and still wearing the bracelet. This should prove that she didn't die or disappear. She was there the entire time since The Imprisoned threatened to rise again, bracelet on her wrist, as we saw at our first encounter with her.

Also, could someone tell me how Impa is supposed to die? Because before everyone returns to the future, Zelda removes one of her bracelets and gives it to the younger Impa, and when they get back to the present time the older Impa is alive and still wearing the bracelet. This should prove that she didn't die or disappear. She was there the entire time since The Imprisoned threatened to rise again, bracelet on her wrist, as we saw at our first encounter with her.

It was obviously divine intervention that allowed her to live so long; no matter how you look at it. She simply passed on after having fulfilled her divine duties. That's about it.

I think it was very effective in stirring the emotions in the player; unarguably among the best in the series. It didn't affect me very much personally, though. But this does not necessarily mean it failed to move me, but it more so has to do with my inability to emote... Hmm... Well, maybe I felt something when Impa was spirited away and my waifu Fi was forever laid to rest within the Master Sword. A bittersweet ending indeed.

I actually didn't find the ending all that sad, I never almost cried in that game, nor was I filled with emotion. But the ending in TWW was pretty emotional, and twilight princess really knew how to get you attached to Midna, which made me much more sad in comparison to Fi.

It didn't really affect me much sadness-wise. The happiness of eradicating Demise overpowered any feelings of sadness that might have come up I guess. In Twilight Princess I wasn't super sad when Midna left because Zelda was still there :D so I was quite happy.

Skunk

Floof
My theory is that Skyloft fell, partially. But what fell patched up the gaps in the surface, and the Hero wouldn't again visit the sky to Twilight Princess... so no, he wouldn't go back. And most of the cloud Barry gets sealed.

After reading through people's replies and looking back on the game, I thought about Impa. I was thinking that maybe Impa just went to the silent realm as the color of the light was the same mood as the silent realm where it also seemed to be where the triforce resides. Impa seems to be more of a protector of the triforce. Maybe in the silent realm you do not age and that is why we see impa always old in later games. After she is done with all of her things she needs to do she just goes back to the silent realm/golden land. Let me know what you think.

R

RandomGuy01

well, i did like the ending, it was cool, but i think that he can return but it's good to stay right there, i mean, is THE SURFACE DUDE XD

I think Zelda and Link stay down there together, and the loftwings stay up in the sky, which is why there are no loftwings in any other Zelda game.
Then, i believe that everyone in skyloft sees how great of a place it is on the surface and eventually everyone moves down there, creating the hylian people, perhaps?

I personally think Skyloft is better to live, looks way peaceful. Easy life.
But I do wish that Nintendo would have made a cutscene or something to see the progress of creating the civilization of Hyrule after they choose to live there... To at least see HOW they start off!

It's apparent though that Skyloft still exists in the future... Ex: City in the Sky (In Twilight Princess)

I thought of it more as a ... over time transition ... like they still can go back to Skyloft when they want to, however over time (generation even) "they" stop going to Skyloft all together...

I thought of it more as a ... over time transition ... like they still can go back to Skyloft when they want to, however over time (generation even) "they" stop going to Skyloft all together...

I agree with that, since people in the future (Twilight Princess) have very faint [or no] memories what-so-ever of the existance of the City in the Sky (Skyloft?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom