• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Dark Trifoce

how would a zelda game to where their was a eviler set of triforce pieces called the Dark force where Link would have to team up with ganondorf and zelda to defeat this great and destructive evil before it destroys everything and plunges the whole world into a dark abyss

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Link and Ganondorf...teaming up? What? This is so alien, so different from the norm--no this is impossible! I will not play this!

Kidding! The Legend of Zelda is supposed to offer a world of exploration. That's what the original Legend of Zelda set out to do and actually did. While LoZ explored the terrain, it is also indubitably possible to probe the innings and outings of story. A world isn't full of static "one good guy versus one bad guy in an eternal struggle". Sometimes, a greater evil is introduced and the previously feuding people have to combine their strengths to defeat said evil. This is both realistic and also unexplored territory within a Zelda setting, some ground I would much like to see tread. <3

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
I personally think this would work better if Ganondorf were seeking this power for himself rather than you teaming up with him to destroy it. That doesn't mean I don't think this would work, I just think this would work out better.

I personally think this would work better if Ganondorf were seeking this power for himself rather than you teaming up with him to destroy it. That doesn't mean I don't think this would work, I just think this would work out better.

I always thought it would be interesting to have a plot where two competing bad guys are fighting for the same thing. As far as teaming up, maybe have one guy manipulate you into believing you are doing something good but it turns out you are just a pawn for him to get an upper hand. For instance, at first, you might not even realize this guy who is helping you along is actually evil. Think Sheik, but instead of being Zelda you find out it's another evil plower. Just an example, Sheik obviously wouldn't be involved. It would also have to be someone other than Ganon, because everyone knows he's the Big Bad so it would make no sense to fall for that trick on him.

I think it would be something fun and interesting to try out that is why i made this post and think of it like this if ganondorf was to posses a dark triforce of power combined with special golden triforce of power wouldent they possibly cancel out each other and destroy ganondorf

I like the idea of a Dark Triforce, there can be many interesting stories to go with that, however I'm not so keen on Link and Ganondorf teaming up to destroy it, if anything Ganondorf would want to control the dark triforce and throw hyrule into everlasting darkness.

Where and how would this Dark Force be created? Did maybe 3 dark goddesses create the Twilight Realm (the world opposite of what the 3 goddesses create) and that this Dark Force was created in the process?

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Where and how would this Dark Force be created? Did maybe 3 dark goddesses create the Twilight Realm (the world opposite of what the 3 goddesses create) and that this Dark Force was created in the process?
Maybe they were written out of the legend but were equals of the goddesses. (If nintendo desided to do this.)

well if i did it i would make it to where Hyrule had a evil and darker alternate dimision where the dark triforce would of been made by 3 evil goddess

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Having read through this thread and its replies I'm most favorable towards Ganondorf and another villain working towards the same evil end. After Ganondorf realizes his plans have been thwarted, however, he feigns the role of a noble hero and teams up with Link and Zelda. Once the opposing antagonist has been defeated, Ganondorf reverts to his evil ways once more, turning his back on the other two Triforce wielders.

This nuance was thoroughly explored previously in a different Nintendo franchise-Pokemon. In the fifth Generation games, the trainer isn't only endeavoring to subvert Team Plasma but gain further insight into a mysterious figure called "N" bent on Pokemon liberation. N's good intentions, however, only cause more mayhem about the Unova region. The Zelda fanbase has incessantly complained about stale plots; this is the perfect opportunity for Miyamoto and crew to spice things up. Throw in some other recent ideas circulating around World of Zelda including optional companions and you've got a truly original title.

I got inspired by this idea from looking at the evil master sword demise had in skyward sword when i saw the freaky upside down triangles on his sword i thought those weird triangles would make a good game story

As long as dark Link gets the dark Triforce of courage....or would it be Triforce of fear?

I was thinking you could do this if the story is plausible. You couldn't just say, "A wild dark Triforce appears." You could say that Gannon once again acquires the Triforce, and this time he is taints the triforce with evil to rid the existence of the goddess and the hero of time. Basically he knows if the Triforce still hold the power of light the hero of time will once again kill him, so maybe this version of Gannon is crafty enough to try and stop the cycle so the world can finally be his in chaos.

Last edited:
well the story could be like this the beings who wield the triforce pieces of darkness use their power to open a black hole in the dimension of hurules and tell ganon, link, and zelda they will be coming to destroy them and take their power and that the only to survive is if all three of them work together

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom