• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild The Continuation of the Hero of Time.

We could have game that takes place years after majoras mask when link (From ocarina of time is.) is now as old as he was as adult link. He returns to hyrule only to find he must face a new evil. It would also show the origins of stuff from twilight princess. It would also have the ocarina of time be used again. What do you think?

Twilight King

The Actual Hero of Time
While not a bad idea, I dislike returns of the same character. There's just not that much new backstory unlike in TP or SS, where you got a complete feel for who Link was prior to the game. A returning Link in a returning area would just seem like NIntendo is trying to cut corners rather than thinking up a new, more breathtaking environment and storyline.

Also, I think that utilizing the Ocarina in a game after MM and OoT would spoil the uniqueness and the old use. The Ocarina was perfect the way it was, but if Nintendo were to, say, put a better version of the harp in a new game, that would be good in my opinion.

I think that Nintendo should, and I believe that they are, move into a new Link, free of an existing story, yet still fitting it into a present storyline.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
It's not a bad idea but like Twilight King said, it could lose some of the originality having the same character return. If it's a Link we've played as before in a Hyrule we've played in before, the would have to be a lot of innovation and brand new features to keep it from feeling stale

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Hmm...

As neat as that sounds, I would not want it. The ending of Majora's Mask is supposed to leave players in mystery, that is how it was designed. We are not supposed to know what happened to Link, or where he went, or what he did, except for the fact that he became the Hero's Shade.

Oh ya... He became a Skeletal figure. Note a part of Ocarina of Time that says anybody who gets lost in the Lost Woods becomes a Stalfos. In the beginning of the game, Link is clearly in a Lost Woods-esque area, and we can assume that he somehow got back that way, but never found the way out. Wouldn't make a very interesting game.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Well first of all, I don't think this could shed any light on the origins of Twilight Princess, since I feel there it too much of a time gap. However, I like the idea you're raising.

A continuation of one the most epic tales and within one of the most significant set of events, is catering to the average Zelda fan. That's one thing I think this could potentially bring, large attention and immediate positivity from the fan base. I know there could be the odd fan here and there, but I think we want continuity in some format and where better to look than the most significant hero across the history of Hyrule.

It could be very possible that the Hero of Time isn't necessarily done with his adventures. He returns to Hyrule, but he's still on a journey to find Navi. Since Link was going out of his way already, does this mean that he would venture to the outer reaches of Hyrule? Os problem with this would be that it could feel like another Majora's Mask situation, there isn't necessarily anything wrong with this bit it lessens the idea of continuity.

One possible plot point I could see is Ganondorf ready for execution, but an evil tires to save him in order to bring Hyrule into darkness once again. Thinking about it, we could have an older Link (think Assassins Creed Revelations. Link now a laid back mature figure is called upon to redraw the Master Sword and try and stop the rescuing of Ganondorf. Looking more deeply into this situation, I like it, I doubt we could ever see such a thing but I can definitely see how it could work.

I think HoT should stay where he is, he is apparently the Hero's Shade so we know what becomes of him even if we dont know how it happens. Too many HoT stories could end up making Zelda something akin to an FF7 compilation affair.

Of course all it takes is one duff HoT game to ruin his reputation too.

Let new Links have a go.

Z

Zinx10

I think HoT should stay where he is, he is apparently the Hero's Shade so we know what becomes of him even if we dont know how it happens. Too many HoT stories could end up making Zelda something akin to an FF7 compilation affair.

Of course all it takes is one duff HoT game to ruin his reputation too.

Let new Links have a go.
Well, based off of OOT, we can assume that he got lost in Lost Woods and became a stalfos. However, it would be partially cool to see him get all that equipment and skills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom