• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Black Tower: Which Are It's Real Roots?

Flagpole

I'm back!!
Hey guys, Flagpole in here :) .

I'm posting this thread to discuss about the Black Tower's original roots, that is, how Nintendo got the idea to do it.
As many Zelda players know, the Black Tower is a very tall tower that appears in Oracle of Ages, built by some people of Lynna City, who got orders from Queen Ambi (is that her name?) to build it.

The story tells Queen Ambi was in love with a man who loved to sail over the seas, and who once sailed with his ship and never came back.
Queen Ambi, them, ordered to build the Black Tower: a tower so tall it had to reach the skies, in order for Queen Ambi to to look from there all the world of Labrynna, so that she could see the person she loved.

A nice and interesting love story, huh? While it may seem like a simple and crazy love story, I do think it is a bit more deeper than that, proven by the fact that I have proof for what I'm going to say, which shows the Black Tower's roots, based on the love story I've just told.
Most probably is that Capcom thought of the Black Tower basing on what I think most of you people should know about: the Tower of Babel.
The Tower of Babel is a big, colossal tower, which some people interpret was built so that it could reach the skies.
Though I do think many people had ideas like this without even knowing what the Tower of Babel is, I think Oracle of Ages pretty much makes a big reference to it.
A phrase from Sir David Lindsay names the Tower of Babel as a 'horrible fortress', which we could associate to the Black Tower, in which humans are exploited so that they could build the Black Tower, and we also can find a lot of monsters inside the Black Tower, which also makes this tower a 'horrible fortress'.

So, that is my opinion from the Black Tower's roots: the Tower of Babel.
Do you people agree? Why? Why not?

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
This is an interesting connection you make. I never really connected the two, but I can kinda see it now. You may be right, and have some evidence. Nice theory!

STEVEN

Flat The Court Composer
Interesting theory. I am one of the biggest fans of the oracle series so be sure to check out my group for it!. As for the love story we see them man she loved in a linked seasons and you have to help them, After Veran was defeated I guess Ambi came to holodrum and she found her lover, The tower reminds me of the dark tower in lord of the rings, but I doubt that was the inspiration

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom