• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tetraforce Theory

hwrdjacob

The Nintendo Knight
Yea, it's pretty much stated it's not related to the Triforce directly. It says it was a gift from the Picori, and I find it pretty illogical to assume Hylia was one, at the very least groundless. A theory I stand by is that Hyrule encountered a very unique situation in which there was no one worthy of the Triforce or Master Sword-So the Minish came to the rescue, making the Light Force and the Picori Blade as a knock off of the Triforce and Master Sword that while weaker could be used anytime. Both became to Vaati as the former became to Ganon, in some twist of fate

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Yea, it's pretty much stated it's not related to the Triforce directly. It says it was a gift from the Picori,

Yeah, where the heck did they get it from, anyway?? And where did the minish go after MC? They're never mentioned again! I do find it interesting that the "fourth piece" is upside-down, and moved away from the rest of the triforce. I don't believe in the tetraforce, not yet, but I'll admit that it is a really interesting theory, and there was some cool evidence discussed on the second page of this thread. But, it almost looks as though the triforce was previously one triangle, (probably looked like the light force in MC) and the person representing the center was banished. It looks as though the fourth piece was pushed away, as it is in reverse, and far away from the rest.

On that note, if you recall back in MM, the Ikana Drawings depict the triforce upside-down, and seem to dislike it, as though it is a symbol they hated. If there was a tetraforce, it may be that the center person was once good, and then for some reason turned evil, and was banished by Nayru, Din, and Faore. Eventually, this piece was even removed from the shields that were made, and everyone forgot about it...

You could possibly even think that (if you want to really let your thoughts wander), what the fourth person did was so evil, they were banished to Tremina, and represent the Ikana Valley Inhabitants. Perhaps Link was also sent over there to discipline them a little more... This would imply that the two worlds are more closely connected than we previously thought. After all, the Happy Mask Salesman was able to go to Termina of his free will.

As I stated before, I don't believe in the Tetraforce, this is just what I think they'd do if there was a fourth... If there was a game where they added the concept of the tetraforce, I think it would be in-between MC and OoT. I dunno, is there anyone else who found this interesting?

hwrdjacob

The Nintendo Knight
I have quite a simple theory to explain the Light Force. It is the Triforce... but only in a sense.

The War of the Bound Chest pushed Hylians into a corner: No one was worthy of weilding the Master Sword OR claiming the Triforce.

But *Trumpet*! The Minish come to save the day by making a knock off of the Triforce (The Light Force) and a knock off of the MS (Picori Blade/ Four Sword) That while MUCH MUCH weaker are not bogged down by being so damn picky.

Yeah, where the heck did they get it from, anyway?? And where did the minish go after MC? They're never mentioned again!

How often do you see the Egyptians come up when you're researching the American Revolution?

Not that it's really relevant-- just a thought

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
How often do you see the Egyptians come up when you're researching the American Revolution?

Not that it's really relevant-- just a thought

A lot actually, the freemasons, a secret clan who influenced the American revolution took a lot of egyptian references and incorperated it into a lot of American symbolism. The pyramid with the missing top, the all seeing eye above the pyramid; does it sound familiar? ( its on the back of a dollar bill) That's egyptian references.

Anyway that's besides the point,the tetraforce theory isn't worth talking about anymore, if it were actually something Nintendo had planned to implement into LoZ orgin it would have been done by now; SS was the perfect game to do it, but they didn't.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Can this thread just get locked

It's just going to pop up again anyways. It always does. So why not keep it around?
Anyways, I'm all for thinking that the fourth-piece theory (because I still don't like the name "tetraforce") is plausible, but far from proven.
By the way, Spirit? It's the best chance this far; it's still possible that a better one could come up someday.

If the idea of a tetraforce existed, it'd look something like this:
4-sided_dice_250.jpg

That's a 3D object with 4 triangle sides. And it's flat opened out plan would look like this:
th

This is basically the triforce we know with the middle hole filled in and made into a 3D shape. There is no rule saying a tetra force would keep it's 2D styled shape like the triforce does. In this way the 4 triforces would be one 3D object when all found. Sure it would not be solid as there would be a hole in the middle as it's just 4 pieces put together.
And if you base it on Dungeons And Dragons:
Power = Strength
Courage = Dexterity
Wisdom = Intelligence. (The are different in D&D but they are similar so the relation works for this example.)
The 4th one would have to some form of spirit or charisma.

This is just a random idea I had.

Last edited:

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Interesting D&D logic there. You deserve a high five.
Anyways, I would agree that the most likely the fourth virtue would be spirit-related, but that would be the only one that has a specific sage associated with it.

Interesting D&D logic there. You deserve a high five.
Anyways, I would agree that the most likely the fourth virtue would be spirit-related, but that would be the only one that has a specific sage associated with it.
Thank you.

I just thought now, that it could be constitution as well. As there's really 5 base to D&D. The Strength/Intel/Dex trinity and then you have spirit for mana regen/more times a day you can cast a spell and constitution for more life.
Diablo as a series uses the Strength/Intel/Dex trinity plus Life/Constitution as it's 4th. But I have seen other games use a spirit as their 4th. So either would work. But I think the heart pieces cover the life part on LoZ games so the spirit idea would be better.

Also I think the sages are not really related to the triforce in this way. I see the sages more related to Hyrule itself. Like the primal elements. Similar to pokemon how you have different elements. But in LoZ's case one element is not better than another. All 5 need to be in harmony or the balance is disrupted. You could also say there are are 3 triforces, one for each realm. Wisdom for the light realm, power for the dark realm and courage for the middle realm or Hyrule. And the 5 sages are just the 5 elements that keep the triforce of Hyrule/courage in balance. Of cause the other two realms would have their own sages or other element holders to keep their triforfes in balance. of cause this says nothing about the existance of a 4th triforce, but again just an idea I had.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
That is interesting... I'd never thought of what this would look like in 3-D until you shared with us...

Squirrel

The Rodent King
I've been working on a fan fiction that explains the evil in Hyrule. I've heard the fact that there's evil in the world used in arguments for the tetraforce and answered the question of evil myself in a fan fiction I wrote. There's no real basis and it's a little far-fetched but in my fan fiction there were two Triforces which is why Demise has a blade with a Triforce on it like the Master Sword. My answer is a little out there but it's still interesting to ponder why Ghirahim seems to be the spirit for an evil Master Sword with the Triforce on the blade and a parallel to Fi. But then that would make Demise a sort of parallel to Link. I just keep wondering, since Skyward Sword is the first in the timeline and it sounds like there was a sort of war before the game takes place, why the bad guys seem to have the same powers and insignia as the good guys.

Anyway, the point is another idea for why there's evil in the world besides the tetraforce theory could be found by analyzing Ghirahim and Demise and I just don't know what that theory is. I don't really know what to think of it but they seem to be direct parallels to Fi and Link as if they also have access to the powers of the Triforce or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom