• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tech upgrades you ended up regretting

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
A guy in school I knew regretted getting a Wii U after selling his Wii. Is there any updates that you regret?

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
The only purchases I really regret are the ones I made when I bought on impulse, which can happen all the time with me. I've gotten better, but when it comes to tech, I always did my homework.

Music gear purchases too, I always did my homework on those too, and I'm in the process of sorting out different wireless systems for my guitars, and there's a lot of good candidates.

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
I can certainly think of a few.

Windows 10. I can't stand Cortana & it's just run slower & slower with bloatware with every update. It feels like it's a never ending game of wack-a-mole with me fixing unwanted changes to my settings, security or updates. Windows 11 is probably going to make me snap when I am finally forced to switch, going by Win10 in recent years.

I don't care for the subscription junk for NSO, as I'd like to be able to just play my $70 Switch games online without paying an additional fee to do so, especially when it's multiplayer only? That feels super cheap with Splatoon 3, anyway.

Bit niche but I also dislike Bandai upgrading to rechargeable batteries on a lot of their new virtual pet products I collect (Digimon, Tamagotchi). It seems fun at first, but after 2-3 years it won't charge as well, & I can't just replace it like I can a battery. Once it's done, it's done, & these newer chargeable pets have been expensive from the start, or limited products online JUST because of that feature (yuck). I still have 20 something year old Tamagotchi that work just fine with plain 'ol school batteries. I just prefer it over the convenience of charging. Not to mention a ton of people in my collector groups already have reported charging ports breaking off the boards, cords overheating or devices failing. Scary stuff for us collectors.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Not regret per se, but I do remember trading in my DS lite for a 3DS as a kid along with a few games. I did miss how the lite looked and felt but apart from that it was primarily an upgrade. It was the games that I regretted trading, pretty much just MKDS and NSMB for their respective 3DS counterparts.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Pretty much any significant PC upgrade (in this case going from a Ryzen 7 5700x to a Ryzen 9 7900x). I just recently upgraded my CPU, which meant upgrading my motherboard, my RAM, and my PSU. That process meant having to diagnose a bad PSU, ordering a new one, and then discovering that my motherboard was also bad. It turned what should have been a two hour long process into a several day long ordeal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom