• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Tales of the Forgotten Land

Keyari

翼のエルフ
Great story, and you know how you were describing a story you dont want to put down till its done? Thats what it was like. It involves a subject i like, and it is well written. I cant wait until the next chapter :)
I know what that feels like. I'm glad I was able to get that from you in this story!

*is very interested so far* Awesome story Key key :)
I'm glad you like it Arkie. :D

I really like this story. More of an intro, but good nonetheless.
Yeah, it was pretty much an intro. But I still try to keep the story going as I introduce her.

wow, I'm really in love with this story. Your descriptions are great!
Thankies! I'm really trying to keep the right amount of detail.

This great Keyari, after catching up :clap:
Glad you've caught up Josie! Here's another chapter to interest your mind.

WOW. This is a major change in the story, and not only that, the feeling has improved quite a lot! I love the description you used in nearly everything you spoke of. I am sorry to hear that Tekera's mother passed away, but on the other hand, it is good to know her uncle is a sort of fighter who has skills using assorted weapons, maybe Tekara will use this to an advantage, eh? I really enjoyed this chapter, Keyari, you are awesome! I didn't catch any mistakes, I was too sucked into the story, so forgive me if I didn't find any. The word Father, though, I see you capitalize it most of the time. Is that the way it is suppose to be? I hardly capitalize father or mother, so just asking because if it is supposed to be capitalized, so I can use that in my writing as well. A+ my friend. ~Ats
Thanks for the A+! We discussed this via VM.

Here is the awaited chapter! Now this may be a little different compared to the other chapters, since I'm trying to show what Tekara and her friends do on a normal basis. Next chapter is more interesting.

Chapter 2

I found my friends near Lake Gale, sitting in a tree.

“Hey Tekara! How’s our little bookworm doing?” Eli called from the tree.

I laughed and replied. “ This little bookworm is doing great! Now why are you up in our tree?”

It was his turn to laugh. He shrugged and called down. “ Now why don’t you come up the tree with us?”

So I easily climbed the tree, and found my friends Eli and Aya sitting there. Eli is a brown-haired fellow, skinny, and has brown eyes to match. He’s always wearing his tan pants and red shirt combo. His normal black leather boots were on as well. Aya has long blonde hair, is skinny like the rest of us, and has ocean blue eyes. Today, she was wearing a short purple dress with white leggings, and her short brown boots.

“There you are Tekara!” Aya said when I had reached the limb they were sitting on.

“Here I am! So let me ask again, why are we on the tree?”

Eli tried to say something, but Aya shushed him and spoke. “We’re in this tree because Eli found this cool telescope. From up here, we can see almost everything!”

I nodded. I added a glare to Eli, which he ignored and smiled.

“Can I try it?” I asked both of them.

Aya said yes at the same time Eli said no.

“I guess that means ok!”

I grabbed the telescope from Eli’s hands and looked through. Everything was much closer. I could see all around the village! I looked around for the Library and then I returned the device back to Eli.

“That’s cool. Now… What else do you guys want to do today?” I said.

Neither Aya nor Eli answered. So we all sat on the limb of our tree, lost in thought for nearly an hour.

The old Legend came to my mind. I never really forgot that old bedtime story did I? In fact, I had been the only one in our entire village that ever asked much about it. As I had been growing up, I had asked Father many questions about it. Like, What was the man’s name? Where did he go? Was the darkness actually slain? What happened to the elf girls who lived in the forest? My father would just say, Don’t worry about it my dear Tekara. Someday you’ll know, but that day hasn’t come yet! Patience my little Tekara… I never got a real answer to any of my questions. The day I had heard the Legend for the first time was still clear in my memory. Aya and Eli were sitting next to my mother and I. The darkness of the room and the crackle of the fire in the hearth were implanted in my mind… I missed my mother so much.

My thoughts moved over to the tree we were sitting on. The tree was very old, an oak tree, and it was the place we had met. That day I had been swimming in Lake Gale when I saw Aya near the tree. I walked up to her and said hello. We quickly became friends and kept a conversation going. When lunchtime arrived that day, we brought our lunches from our parents over to the tree and continued laughing and chatting. Eli was there with his mother and became jealous of our laughter and chats. He walked over to us, carrying his own lunch. We invited him in and found he was quite the clown, but a really good friend. Since that day 11 years ago, we’ve all been best friends. We often came to the tree, but we’ve never really thought of climbing it until now. Probably because we were too short when we thought about it…

“Hey Tekara! How about we go to the bakery?” Eli said, interrupting my thoughts.

“Hmm. Okay! Lead the way.” I told him.

Aya nodded and we slipped down from the tree. We set off for the middle of the village and stepped onto the dirt street. It was a quiet walk, but Eli still had to laugh a little. Children were always about the streets, and he would stop and ask one a question, waiting for an answer in return. They’d be ridiculous questions, and he would laugh at the answers. Aya and I would just shake our heads and smile.

When we arrived at the bakery, the baker, Mr. Smith, greeted us. We were usually in his bakery at least four times a week.

“Ah! Hello my friends! Welcome back! I’ve got some new treats for you guys to try!” he called.

He came out from behind the counter holding a platter of cookies topped with a type of gnash. We eagerly took a cookie, and savored every bite of it.

“These are great Mr. Smith! What kind of gnash is this?” Aya asked with a mouth full of cookie.

“I’m glad you like them lass! It’s a caramel gnash, with a drop of honey. Now, what else can I get you kids today?” he replied.

We looked at each other then said, “Chocolate cake!”

He laughed and then brought over a cake. He sliced the cake so that there were four extra pieces, and then handed them to us. We each put down our share for him.

“The extra piece is for your father, Tekara! Tell him I’ll bring back that book in no time at all!” he said.

We smiled and thanked him, then left his shop. The day’s light was already falling, so we decided we should go to the Library to fetch my father. We were half way to the library when a sword sliced down in front of me.
Cliffhanger!! :P

Last edited:

Ganondork

goo
Good chapter, and I definitely liked the cliffhanger. Now, one thing I found that slightly bothered me was some of your ways you speak. Sometimes they're slightly childish and might not entirely convey the friendship of the group you've created. I definitely like this story, and that is maybe your only real flaw thus far. Keep up the wonderful work :nod:

Nice chapter indeed. Not too short, not too long, which I love. I really like the atmosphere of the story. Nice cliffhanger at the end. Chapter One of my story will hopefully be out today.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Oh, very nice, I liked the update. I found some typos/mistakes you can correct if you want, just to make your story sound better.

I nodded. I added a glare to Eli, of which he ignored and smiled. (I doubt you need of there, it reads best without it)

What happened to the elf girls that lived in the forest? (who)

We invited him in and found he quite the clown (he was?)

Probably because we were to short when we thought about it… (too) I make this mistake often. :P

Anyway, just trying to help you, nothing more. Keep these updates coming, Keyari.

Keyari

翼のエルフ
Oh, very nice, I liked the update. I found some typos/mistakes you can correct if you want, just to make your story sound better.

I nodded. I added a glare to Eli, of which he ignored and smiled. (I doubt you need of there, it reads best without it)

What happened to the elf girls that lived in the forest? (who)

We invited him in and found he quite the clown (he was?)

Probably because we were to short when we thought about it… (too) I make this mistake often. :P

Anyway, just trying to help you, nothing more. Keep these updates coming, Keyari.
Thankies Ats, I fixed them. I'm trying to keep you guys updated, I'm just a little busy these days. That will be over soon!

Nice chapter indeed. Not too short, not too long, which I love. I really like the atmosphere of the story. Nice cliffhanger at the end. Chapter One of my story will hopefully be out today.
Cliffhangers are fun aren't they? I love leaving you people with them. :P

Sorry for the wait guys, and I've left you with a cliffhanger didn't I? :P Been busy, but here you go!! It's just a little bit shorter, but the next one is a bit longer I believe.

Chapter 3
I jumped back and put my hand behind me to keep Aya and Eli away. I heard a laugh.

“Where are your daggers, little Tekara? I thought I told you to never leave them behind!” a gruff, but kind voice said.

I looked up to see my Uncle Harry standing in front of me with a grin upon his face. The frown that was upon my face disappeared. I began laughing with him.

“Father rushed me this morning, Uncle. I woke late. But be more careful, you could have hit me!” I scolded him.

“A true warrior never leaves his weapons! He always keeps them by his side! He never wakes up late! He…” he demanded, until he lost it and began laughing again.

I shook my head. “I’ll see you later, Uncle Harry. We need to head to the library.”

He nodded and we continued walking to the Library. Eli was smirking the whole way. I was sure he’d bring this up later. When we reached the Library, Father was already closing up the doors. He locked them and walked over to see us.

“Well hello there friends! It’s good to see you again Aya and Eli! I’m afraid I’m going to have to steal Tekara away from you though.” Father said when he reached us.

Aya and Eli nodded and then we said our goodbyes. They left to their houses while Father and I left to ours. When we arrived at our house, Uncle Harry was already there, sitting in front of the fireplace twirling a knife around his fingers. He acknowledged us when we opened the door and then he went to his room, still playing with his knife. I felt tired all of a sudden, even though I hadn’t even had supper. So I grabbed a piece of bread, walked upstairs, picked up my book, and fell asleep reading.

During the night there were many noises. Usually you wouldn’t hear any noises except for the occasional chicken cluck or a random birdcall. Tonight though, there was much noise. I heard lots of hitting, screaming, and squealing animals. What is going on out there? I jumped from my bed and ran down the stairs, clutching my daggers. Father and Uncle Harry had awoken as well.

“Father! What madness is going on out there?” I asked, fear ringing in my voice.

He listened for a second and then answered. “I don’t know Tekara. I’ve never heard such commotion in our village before.”

Uncle Harry stirred. “I’m going out there. I must.” He told us quickly. He was holding his knife, and his long sword was strapped to his side.

“I’ll be fine. Don’t worry, I won’t be out for but a minute.” He said after seeing the frightened looks on our faces.

And with that, he strode out the door. I shivered. Father sat down, leaning over, holding his head in his hands. I crept silently over to the window and dared myself to look out upon the streets. I didn’t see much more than the dark shadows of figures I couldn’t identify. More terrible screams and screeches came from animals all about the village. I could hear a few younger kids screaming from their houses in fear. No man was outside besides Uncle Harry. I saw him call out into the night, with his sword drawn, but I couldn’t hear what he said. He looked around him intently and then walked back to our house.

The door opened and Uncle Harry walked inside his face full of dread.

“I think I know what hit us. It might have been…” he said, but faltered when his glance turned to me. He hesitated.

Father looked at him and nodded.

“I know what you think it is. We will speak of this in the morning Harry. By then they should be gone.” My father spoke to him, with the slightest hint of fear. He turned to me.

“Tekara, don’t worry about it. Just try and get some rest. We’ll try to tell you more later on. Just please try and get some rest.”

I nodded. I wanted to ask him a question, but he had given me the look that said, Don’t question me. I ran back up the stairs and sat nervously down on my bed. I pulled my bed sheets over my ears and I tried to fall asleep.

Last edited:
Cliffhangers are fun aren't they? I love leaving you people with them.

I love using and reading cliffhangers^^

This chapter was pretty good. Seems as though the action is about to begin. I wonder what all this commotion is about...

amaterasu

Writer
nice chapter. honestly, it's hard for me NOT to leave a cliffhanger when i write. I think the end of the prolouge to The Rise of Elizibeth wasn't very cliff-hangery, but then again, i've been letting my writing gather dust. I've run out of paper and ideas. :dry:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
As much as I hate having to point out mistakes, here is one Keyari, up to you if you correct that.

During the night there was many noises. (were) And I don't know if it's really a mistake, you tell me, lolz.

Anyway, good update, it was shorter but good nonetheless. Could this be similar to what happened in the past? Is the darkness returning?

Keyari

翼のエルフ
I love using and reading cliffhangers^^

This chapter was pretty good. Seems as though the action is about to begin. I wonder what all this commotion is about...
You'll see, you'll see.

well the darkness from the legend is probably guilty in this occasion. good chapter, Keyari!
Thanks, I will spoil nothing till you've read it yourself!

nice chapter. honestly, it's hard for me NOT to leave a cliffhanger when i write. I think the end of the prolouge to The Rise of Elizibeth wasn't very cliff-hangery, but then again, i've been letting my writing gather dust. I've run out of paper and ideas. :dry:

Thanks, ammy. I will help you come up with some ideas later. ;)

As much as I hate having to point out mistakes, here is one Keyari, up to you if you correct that.

During the night there was many noises. (were) And I don't know if it's really a mistake, you tell me, lolz.

Anyway, good update, it was shorter but good nonetheless. Could this be similar to what happened in the past? Is the darkness returning?

Thanks Ats, I edited that. Just wait and see!

Okay, sorry for the wait, AGAIN! This chapter is longer with lots of information in return.

Chapter 4

I awoke early in the morning to find a vast grey sky. No sunlight passed through my windows. Unlike the commotion of the night, not a single noise could be heard in the village, not even the sound of an animal. The grey sky brought cold, and I immediately got dressed in my normal attire. This time I made sure to attach my daggers in their sheaths at my side, hanging from my belt.

I walked cautiously down the staircase. Downstairs, I found Father and Uncle Harry sitting in their chairs beside the fireplace. Neither of them were speaking, they only seemed lost in thought. I came out of the stairwell and sat down next to them, hoping to break the silence. All at once, they both stirred and looked down at me.

“Morning already? Is that so? I’ll begin to prepare us a breakfast.” Uncle Harry said.

Father sighed with relief and went to help Uncle Harry in our small kitchen. I looked outside at the streets. I found that the roads were wet and dirty. Any gardens that had been planted nearby our house had been devastated. Chicken coups were burned and no animals wandered the streets. I felt terrible. What could have done this? Who? Why would anyone want to hurt our village?

After breakfast, Uncle Harry decided to come with us to the Library for a while. No one was out on the streets yet; no one dared to leave the safety of their homes. When people saw us on the dirty streets, doors opened, and people finally came outside to check out the damage. Not a single house had been touched, but everything else had been destroyed. Even Lake Gale was polluted with debris. I nearly came to tears from that fact. I hurried my way into the Library, and sat down to read. I would try to escape into the pages of a good book once again. I couldn’t allow myself to fix my thoughts on what had happen last night.

A half hour passed by, and even with my efforts to keep my thoughts away from the night before, my thoughts were still fixed on the previous night. I put the book down onto my table. I heard a door open and Father came out of his study. He walked over to my table and tried to manage a smile.

“Tekara… Why don’t you have the day off? You should go find Aya and Eli. I’m sure you guys will want to talk. I don’t think we’ll get much business today anyway.” He told me.

I nodded and stood, but I left my things there.

“Thanks Father.” I said with a quiet voice.

I found Eli and Aya by our tree, only this time; they were sitting down below it. Or what was left of it.

“I don’t know who did this, but they’re going to pay for it!” Eli exclaimed.

Aya had tears coming to her eyes and tears began forming in mine. The tree was burned, but a most of the trunk remained. It was scorched. The remnants of the branches, however, were scattered carelessly across the ground. Most of the tree was a tall stump standing in the ground with a pile of burned branches thrown around beside it. It stood tall but sad, as if it had gone through a long war and knew its death was near.

“Why? Why would anyone do this? We’ve done nothing!” Aya cried out of the silence.

“I… I don’t know. We have nothing to recover from this. We may never know who, or what, did this. They might strike again.” I said.

With that said, we started picking up some of the branches and piling them. Why we were doing so we weren’t sure. It felt right in a way, the tree could be considered an old friend, and deserved respect.

I found three small branches, about a hand’s length in size each, that had been untouched by the wicked flames. I called Aya and Eli over and gave them both one. I slipped mine beneath my belt. The tree had been a very sturdy one, so even the smallest branches were thick and strong.

When we had finished piling the burnt branches, we left. The sky remained grey, and the cold never left. We walked back to the Library. The wet roads made our boots muddy, so we took off our boots once when had gotten inside, and started looking around. I, of course, knew where nearly everything was in the building, but some items in this place that were unseen by even my eyes.

I walked upstairs, motioning for Aya and Eli to follow. Upstairs, there were a lot of books, maps, and a few scrolls. Up here on the second floor was where my father had placed most of the older books, some maps he no longer needed, and some scrolls he had recovered for people to take a look at. I walked over to the maps.

“Maps? What would we do with those?” Eli asked as he saw me reaching for one.

“I’m not sure. I’ve never really taken the time to look at any of them. Maybe we can find something out. We could find where the intruders came from!” I replied.

Aya looked at me, her eyes were calling out. She knew something we didn’t.

“Aya? What is it? You’re staring at me!” Eli and I said at the same time.

“I… I’ve looked at these maps before. I don’t know who lives in what land, but I think I know which one could help us…” she whispered.

Eli and I looked at each other and then moved out of the way so that she could get past. She dug through all of them until she found the one she was looking for.

“Here it is… I think. It shows the entire land and every individual country that thrives on it. It even shows the ocean bordering it. We’re here, somewhere in the middle.” Aya said, pointing.

“Hmm. But the enemies could have come from anywhere. We don’t even know what direction they came from. Even then…” Eli pointed out.

“I know. I just… I thought it might help…” Aya said, her voiced lined with guilt.

I sat next them, listening to the argument. I cracked after an idea came to me.

“Aya! Eli! Listen. We’re not going to get anywhere arguing about things. The only way we can figure this out is if we find out who they are. They could try to strike again tonight! This entire land has had enemies before and we have no idea if these are enemies of old or new. Why they attacked us is not to our knowledge. I think we should stay on guard tonight. I can try and get Uncle Harry to help us. But Aya, I think you should keep the map for now. It may come to use later. Eli… Well, you guys stay here. I’ll be right back.” I told them, my mind still processing all the ideas I had just come up with. I had a plan…
They nodded at me as I ran towards the stairs. I raced down them and went to the door to Father’s study. I had nearly turned the handle when I heard voices.

“I never thought he would return… Never! He was supposed to be slain! Now he’s back… And he’s sent shadows to our village! What are we to do Henry?” a gruff voice said. It was Uncle Harry’s.

“He was supposed to be slain, that is correct. He was. I have made sure of that. The Legend has proof. But the sword… Tirion, it broke into three, remember? When it broke a couple hundred years ago, he began rising again. But… He was never supposed to have this amount of power.” another voice said. It was Father’s voice, kind but serious.

Tirion… The sword from the Legend! Why had my father never told me more about the tale, even when I had asked? I opened the door. Uncle Harry and Father turned quickly and faced me, terror on their faces.

“Tekara?” Father said. His face was still filled with horror.

“What else about the Legend have you not told me? Our village gets ransacked and you choose not to tell me? I… I…” I shouted.

“Tekara… I was waiting for the right time. I didn’t need you to worry! Please forgive me… I will tell you all I know if you let me.” My father sighed. He relized he had made a mistake. Uncle Harry pulled over a chair for me, then sat down in his.

“I will tell you what you need to know. Here goes…”
“The original story I told you was of truth, but many parts I left out. You and your friends were so young when I first told the story; I knew you needn’t know of such darkness. The man of the tale was named Aeroth. After he slew the darkness, he returned here, to our village, where all his descendants remain. We are the last descendants of Aeroth, and you are his Heir.

Aeroth was a traveler, originally from our village. He wandered very far and lived int peace in this wild. He learned much from his travels and from this learned of the regaining strength of the darkness. For the darkness that the elves had weakened was growing once more. He shared the news with the elf maidens, for he had traveled to the land many a time before, and he found neutrality and peace there. The sword was lent to him as you know and he went off to defeat the darkness.

The being behind the darkness, was a man of power, who wielded black magic. He had quickly gained control over his realm, but his hunger for power brought him down from the far North, and into the Southern countries. The land that was not far below of him was the Elvish land and it was attacked at once. Many fair trees were burned and minions of shadow invaded. Light from the center of the land burst out and all had either evaded the light and left at once, or had been immediately killed by the burst.

No single form stepped in the land for many years, until Aeroth appeared with the sword. Again, as you know, the darkness was slain, but to defeat the darkness, Aeroth’s sword, Tirion, shattered into three parts, on the final blow. He returned the sword to the elves, still broken, and they thanked him dearly. As a reward for his actions, the Elf Lady bearing the name Dae, took off her necklace of silver and stone off then placed it upon his neck. It contained a single green stone with a chain of pure silver. She told him that part of her power resided within it, and he treasured it till the last of his days.

It was passed down through the generations, with the story. Our village soon became the only realm that remembered the Tale.”

Our village. You bear upon your neck the necklace that was given to Aeroth the day he slew the darkness. You have part of the remaining elvish power.” Father finished.

I thought about all of this for a moment, trying to take all of it into account.

“But Father, what about the darkness? What was it? Who was behind it?” I asked suddenly.

He nodded and replied after a minute of thought.

“The man behind the darkness was named Eorre. He controlled his realm, which is far north above us. When he regained his strength before, and Aeroth was placed to defeat him, he grew larger and taller than any normal man. The magic that supported him caused his body to become a shadow being. He took control of the rest of the shadows and they became his minions. He was said to wear large cloaks of a black color, with a hood that covered most of his face, so that only his bright red eyes could be seen. They could pierce the soul of any weak man and his realm was easily befallen. He was later then called by the name Ergoneth, which meant Night, in Elvish.”

“So were the beings that attacked our village shadows? Were they after… Me?” I asked curiously. Fear rang in my voice.

Father got the look on his face that said he really didn’t want to tell me.

“I… I’m not sure. They know our village is the homeland of Aeroth. Most likely, they didn’t even know of your presence…” Father began, until he was interrupted by a knock on the door.

Haha, another cliffhanger!! :P

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
This is getting way too interesting, Keyari, and I feel so stupid since I will be leaving and missing it. :( I caught a few typos, if you want to know which ones, just let me know before I leave. More than typos you just forgot to add a few words, really. Anyway, very nice and well detailed and described, I loved it.

Keyari

翼のエルフ
This is getting way too interesting, Keyari, and I feel so stupid since I will be leaving and missing it. :( I caught a few typos, if you want to know which ones, just let me know before I leave. More than typos you just forgot to add a few words, really. Anyway, very nice and well detailed and described, I loved it.

Thankies Ats. I'm miss you already!

wonderful chapter, I loved it! amazing job!

Thanks Ganondork, this means a lot!

Nice chapter Key, nice writing. You are doing very well.

Thanks bluey, you're doing good with your stories too!

Okay, so this one isn't as delayed, I don't know what you'll think of it so here goes!

Chapter 5

Eli and Aya slid the door open with wide eyes.

“Tekara? What’s going on? You’ve been gone for almost an hour!” Eli cried.

“And we heard some yelling when you went down. We snuck down and listened… I think we heard too much. I’m sorry Mr. Henry. We couldn’t help ourselves!” Aya added, her voice pleading for mercy.

Father put his hands to his face.

“I see you both have already learned much, have you not? I didn’t want to ask this of you Tekara, I would have done so myself, or your Uncle Harry would have, but there is a quest ahead of you. This quest will be dangerous, long, and tiring. The sword Tirion must be reforged and the dark master must be destroyed once and for all. I will say that the attackers of our village were the shadows and they did not come here by their will.’

‘They came by orders, most likely, and they know of the hidden power we have here. The pendant of the Elves. It contains a secret power source in it, which was the main reason Ergoneth tried to capture the Elvish land. The magic power contained in the pendants was valuable to him. His minions are probably drawn to the power, as he is.’

‘I would do this quest myself… I never wanted to put you in such danger. But there is no other way. You are the Heir of Aeroth and the quest is laid only before you. Eli and Aya… Now that you know much, I would like to ask if you would accompany Tekara… But you don’t have to if you don’t want to.” Father told us. He looked at me with sad eyes, wishing I would refuse the quest.

I nodded to myself and replied, “Father, I am going on this quest. I will help the elves reforge Tirion… It is what must be done. Aya…” I stated. I tried to sound brave, but even through my efforts, I still must have sounded like a frightened child. Despite my fear, I had a longing for adventure, probably from all the exciting books I’d read. I’d always wanted to live a life like those in my storybooks.

Aya looked at Eli at the same time Eli looked at her. She leaned over and whispered something in his ear and then he stood.

“We agree to go with Tekara. How could we leave our best friend behind to go off alone! Besides, she needs a man on this quest…” he answered, until I slapped him lightly.

Aya looked at me and smiled.

“Don’t worry Tae. We’ll make it through this.” She said quietly, using her nickname for me.

Father smiled and then Uncle Harry stirred. He stood from his chair, where he had been thinking during our discussion.

“Well if you’re going on this quest at all, you’re going to need supplies. You’ll need weapons, food, water packs, and some kits. I can take care of that.” He said, his deep voice sounding sad. He didn’t want me to go on the quest either.

So we left the Library to prepare, and we headed for my house. Uncle Harry leaded us towards his room and went towards the large closet he used to store his weapons.

“So I know you have your daggers on you Tae, but you and your friends will need more than just daggers. I have, uhh… Here they are!” Uncle Harry grumbled while digging through the weapons. He pulled out a long sword, shining brightly in the candlelight. He handed it to Eli, who held it bravely and gave it a few swings.

“Careful…” Uncle Harry called out from the depths of his Weapon closet.

He dug around some more, opening drawers, pushing aside unneeded tools.

“Aha! I have some pretty knives for you Aya, careful with them, they’re sharper than any normal blade.” He said while cautiously handing them to her. She held them in her hands as if they were the most precious diamond. The handles were wrapped in soft leather and the blades were silver, but sharp.

“I also have a crossbow for you as well.” He pulled out a decorated wooden crossbow and a small quiver of sharp-tipped arrows.

“The knives can also fit in the quiver so you don’t have to take the risk of leaving them in your pockets…” He said with a small laugh.

I walked into the large closet and looked around. Swords hung on the walls, many desk held knives and arrows, and a large bow hung on a hook upon the wall. I reached for the bow. Uncle Harry looked over at me.

“The bow?” he asked, sounding almost surprised. He took it down from its hook and pulled back the string with his finger.

“I’m sure you’ll do quite well with this Tae.” He handed it to me with a wink and a grin.

I held the bow in my hands and gave the string a small tug. It was strong, and would shoot arrows very far and fast.

“Thanks Uncle Harry. And stop calling me Tae! That’s Aya’s nickname for me!” I said and started laughing.

He joined in and we all left the weapons’ closet soon after.
Father was in the main room when we arrived. He was packing food that wouldn’t spoil easily, as well as some blankets, and canteens of water. He looked up at us and smiled sadly.

“I’m going to send you guys home tonight to pack some clothes. Make sure you bring some stronger clothing, with tight bonds. I suggest you wear your boots. There is some tough terrain between us and the Land.” Father told us.

He sighed and looked out through the window. He still seemed like he really didn’t want us to go, even though we had willingly agreed to. I followed his view outside and saw that the grey sky was still there, but anyone could see that daylight was already falling. The day had felt short, but it had been tiring. A thought came back to me.

“Father… What if the shadows come back tonight?” I asked, remembering the only reason I had found my quest.

He took this into consideration, plowing through the possibilities in his head.

“I doubt it. They wouldn’t have left if they knew you had the pendant. They weren’t sure of its location and so they moved on. I doubt they would reappear tonight.”

I sighed heavily with relief, and from the corner of my eye, I saw Aya look relieved too. Uncle Harry soon decided that to be safe, Aya and Eli should return to their homes before nightfall.

“Make sure you get up early at dawn and meet us here. Remember to bring your stronger clothes and boots. I have the rest of the supplies here. And I suppose you could leave the weapons here too, you won’t need them till tomorrow.” Father said as we were saying goodbye. I hugged Aya and waved to Eli, and then Uncle Harry shut the door.

It later seemed as if the night would never end.

Hope you guys liked it, I had fun writing it. :nod:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom