• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask System Probability

Which System is Majoras Mask most likely to be remade on?

• Nintendo 3DS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wii U

• Both

• None

• Total voters

Twilight King

The Actual Hero of Time
Personally, although I would want it for Wii U, I think the odds of us seeing a remake on the 3DS are far higher. Sure, it may be too messed up for the children these days, so Wii U might come to mind first, but, being a direct sequel to 3DS, it'd make a lot of people happy to have those two games readily available (Which I wouldn't COMPLETELY mind).

As long as we get the remake, I could care less what it's on.

I don't understand why so many people are against a remake of MM. I can understand people being annoyed by the people who are very vocal about wanting MM remade, but is it really that big of a hindrance to you if it was remade? The original game only took about a years worth of development, so as long as the reuse graphical content from OoT3D, I can't see it taking up a lot of Nintendo's manpower.

Plus there are those of us who think Majora's Mask is one of, if not the best Zelda Game out there. (I am not trying to start a debate over which game is best, because it is an opinionated debate that doesn't really pertain to the OP.) Those of us who loved MM, have seen OoT be rereleased several times since 1998: Twice on the GC and recently on the 3DS. The Legend of Zelda was rereleased for the GBC and ALttP was rereleased on the GBA. TLoZ was rereleased on the GBC and it and Z2 were rereleased on the GC. Every other console game for Zelda including TLoZ, Z2, ALttP, and OoT were all released on the Wii's VC over 2 years before MM was released on the VC. The NES games have been released again on the Wii-U VC.

That means The Legend of Zelda has been rereleased 4 times, Zelda 2 has been rereleased 3 times, ALttP has been rereleased 2 times, OoT has been rereleased 4 times, and recently TWW was even rereleased. Yes Majora's Mask was rereleased on the GC along with OoT and the NES Zeldas with the Collectors Edition. But not only is this disc somewhat rare, this version of MM is extremely buggy. My copy of the Collectors Edition game freezes EVERY time I try to enter the Stone Tower Temple. MM wasn't released on the Wii's VC for more than 2 years after all the other Zelda VC releases.

So for people like me who do not own a Wii, and am unable to locate my N64 copy of MM at the moment, why is it too much for me (and others like me) to ask that MM get remade for the 3DS? Why should OoT be the only 64 game that is given a Master Quest? Wouldn't it be fair for them to release a new version of MM with updated graphics and possibly new material including (but not limited to) a Master Quest? MM was my childhood (I played it after OoT, but loved it far more). Unfortunately I have no current means to play my absolute favorite game of all time all the way through. I don't understand why our request should be any less important than the people who wanted OoT rereleased with Master Quest.

Operation Moonfall may not have the largest following, but there are people like me who didn't know about it. I didn't sign the petition until yesterday. OoT3D was not enough to make me want to buy a 3DS, but MM3D would be. I am actually getting a 3DS to play ALBW, but I would already have one if MM3D existed. There are also, still a lot of people who are fans of the Zelda series, who have never gotten a chance to play MM. I personally think, there is more than a large enough selling base for MM3D if it is rereleased on the 3DS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom